The Hero and the Sage, Reincarnated and Engaged - Ch. 17 - Their capital each

Dex-chan lover
This really looks like the modern world
vEbAOGk.png

Supporter
Oh it's the girl that did not care if her dragon burned the wolf to death.

Ok don't feel bad for her now.
I think this chapter shows exactly why both she was trying so hard and "didn't care" and why you should feel bad for her.
Her mother is obviously holding something (that is the Steel Dragon) as a hostage probably under some threat of "You will be number 1 or your dragon will die."

Dex-chan lover
Who was she again?

"checks previous chap"

Oh it's the girl that did not care if her dragon burned the wolf to death.

Ok don't feel bad for her now.
I honestly feel like every panel is wasted on her <_<.. Just give me more Elria and Reid time 😮‍💨
I feel you guys, and probably some who didn't post yet, are taking this chapter completely wrong way, we literally just saw  why she is like that, she's not just another generic jerk for no reason, her mother is literally abusive, of course she'll grow up to be a mess.

It's clear the story will redeem her now, but I guess some people lack a little empathy and prefer to just hold on grudges instead of accepting maybe the person wasn't as bad as they thought :thonk:

Dex-chan lover
I think this chapter shows exactly why both she was trying so hard and "didn't care" and why you should feel bad for her.
Her mother is obviously holding something (that is the Steel Dragon) as a hostage probably under some threat of "You will be number 1 or your dragon will die."
Except your point is kind of undercut by the fact that she was more than willing to sacrifice her dragon to beat Elria in the last chapter as well. Kinda hard to profess that you care so much for your summon when you had no problems pretty much letting it die the previous day.

Dex-chan lover
I mean, yeah you are right that she has a reason to act like she does.

But I don't believe a person who does a shitty thing like attempted murder gets a pass just cause they have an excuse.

She still did the shitty thing in the first place.

Dex-chan lover
I feel you guys, and probably some who didn't post yet, are taking this chapter completely wrong way, we literally just saw  why she is like that, she's not just another generic jerk for no reason, her mother is literally abusive, of course she'll grow up to be a mess.

It's clear the story will redeem her now, but I guess some people lack a little empathy and prefer to just hold on grudges instead of accepting maybe the person wasn't as bad as they thought :thonk:
You bet I'll hold a grudge after she "killed" Elria's Pet, without any remorse 😐

Dex-chan lover
Except your point is kind of undercut by the fact that she was more than willing to sacrifice her dragon to beat Elria in the last chapter as well. Kinda hard to profess that you care so much for your summon when you had no problems pretty much letting it die the previous day.
The fear and desire to be loved by her mother is probably stronger than her feelings for her dragon, also, with the messed up upbringing she probably had realistically speaking she would be way more messed up, you can't exactly expect sensible choices from her unfortunately.
You bet I'll hold a grudge after she "killed" Elria's Pet, without any remorse 😐
You mean the pet that is effectively immortal and can't really be killed? That's like complaining that a pokemon is unconscious after losing a fight.

Users who are viewing this thread