The Magical Revolution of the Reincarnated Princess and the Genius Young Lady - Ch. 28

Staff
Super Moderator
I think its just heresy to give commoners knowledge and ability. Sorta like when the church in the middle ages called printing machines blasphemy cause it made it easier to spread news and knowledge.
Possible. But the reasons aren't good enough for the ministry to block royalty and high nobility. That's why I'm kinda annoyed that they didn't poke the holes in his balloon arguments.
I guess they will take the peaceful route of convincing enough important people.

Edit: it was cut out by the mangaka :notlikethis: (#32)

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
I don't see how her research is heresy that undermines people's faith in spirits if it confirms that 1. spirits exist, 2. spirits give the ability for magic, 3. spirits are transcend beings.
Maybe it's heresy because the theory is that spirits aren't conscious, so they can't be some holy protective force for humans?
If I remember an explanation from earlier chapters, she doesn't believe in spirits.
Actually, she claimed that there aren't really spirits, but people of old times claimed it to be spirits because they simply couldn't explain any other way.

Staff
Super Moderator
If I remember an explanation from earlier chapters, she doesn't believe in spirits.
Actually, she claimed that there aren't really spirits, but people of old times claimed it to be spirits because they simply couldn't explain any other way.
Also possible. This would deny the existence of spirits and go directly against the religion, apparently the foundation of the kingdom.
Maybe it's heresy because the theory is that spirits aren't conscious, so they can't be some holy protective force for humans?
I remember Anis explaining the magic stones as being "dead spirits".

Dex-chan lover
Yep, innovative field of study which threatens the balance of power between nobility and commoners being labeled as "heretical" is classic trope. Nobility and the Church fear change the most. If their exclusive right to be "above" commoners is merely determined by their magical aptitude, then this paradigm would be completely upended when "Magicology" could equalize the playing field and allow commoners to accomplish the same. An "uprising" of the populace would be all but inevitable if it becomes mainstream.

Of course, those in powers wouldn't dare to admit such truths. So they redirect the narrative about "blasphemy", "sacrilege", and "heresy" to keep the ignorant masses ignorant.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Anime onlies: I don't get how Euphie is the top.
Me, who's read ahead: No, you simply don't understand.
MagRevo.png
Wait, there's an anime of this?

Also, I'd wager that rather than one of the two being the top, it's more of a tumble-dryer-type situation.

Dex-chan lover
Yep, innovative field of study which threatens the balance of power between nobility and commoners being labeled as "heretical" is classic trope. Nobility and the Church fear change the most. If their exclusive right to be "above" commoners is merely determined by their magical aptitude, then this paradigm would be completely upended when "Magicology" could equalize the playing field and allow commoners to accomplish the same. An "uprising" of the populace would be all but inevitable if it becomes mainstream.

Of course, those in powers wouldn't dare to admit such truths. So they redirect the narrative about "blasphemy", "sacrilege", and "heresy" to keep the ignorant masses ignorant.
Keeping the status quo. I recently watched a video about this.

Found it. Yes, we live in a world where these kind of people exist in real life, and superhero movies is their brainwash machine.

Group Leader
She also made a magical projector for her presentation, she thought of everything!
And now she wants to make air bikes? This is gonna be good!

Seeing her disheartened like that by having her beliefs treated as heresy was heart wrenching, she's usually such a bright and optimistic person it's hard to think she'd become like that in front of someone. But then again, this guy spent years belittling her no matter how much she proved her research to be beneficial, this isn't a matter of logic but just the ministry of magic refusing to let someone they can't control achieve their goals. You can't reason with people like that.

Dex-chan lover
Damm really? What was the roast?
Euphie just picked apart his arguments for magicology being heresy and thus Anis was acting inappropriately as a princess, all while keeping a straight face and making him look like a fool. She took every argument he made and just turned it around and showed him the outright hypocrisy and gaslighting it was. He was basically speechless by the end of it. It was beautiful.

Dex-chan lover
So, it's a shark tank presentation? To convince them to let Anis keep dragon materials... Smart move Euphie, I like that.

Dex-chan lover
Euphie just picked apart his arguments for magicology being heresy and thus Anis was acting inappropriately as a princess, all while keeping a straight face and making him look like a fool. She took every argument he made and just turned it around and showed him the outright hypocrisy and gaslighting it was. He was basically speechless by the end of it. It was beautiful.
He got flipped like that meme of shark being flipped. He got owned by his own logic, and that's smart.

Double-page supporter
I don't see how her research is heresy that undermines people's faith in spirits if it confirms that 1. spirits exist, 2. spirits give the ability for magic, 3. spirits are transcend beings.
Indeed a large part of it is the theory that spirits aren't conscious, but another part is that the church and politics are so rarely ever truly separate. The nobles are nobles because of their ability to use magic and the many privileges that brings. Give the average commoner a way to use magic or benefit from magic similarly to nobles, and you inevitably will open the way to questioning what nobles actually do for the people and the kingdom, and the realization that if their ability to use magic is all that sets them apart from commoners, then why do we even have nobles anyway?

Dex-chan lover
As cool as the airdra is, I can't help but feel like a big flying bike made with dragon materials kind of inhibits the "accessible to the everyman" aspect of the broom that Anis was trying to play up.

Dex-chan lover
Heresy just means "choice" to denote a difference in chosen approaches from the popular go to. There was nothing wrong with Heresy until Christianity appropriated it to tout their own horse in the race and discriminate against rivals. Basically, so what if it is Heresy? Heresy's always been good for the world and progress.

Also, what is it about lesbians and making powerpoint presentations to defend the honour of the girl they love?

Dex-chan lover
THAT is finally coming yes!! And yeah it's funny seeing anime only and manga readers thinking Anis is the top in their relationship

Dex-chan lover
Indeed a large part of it is the theory that spirits aren't conscious, but another part is that the church and politics are so rarely ever truly separate. The nobles are nobles because of their ability to use magic and the many privileges that brings. Give the average commoner a way to use magic or benefit from magic similarly to nobles, and you inevitably will open the way to questioning what nobles actually do for the people and the kingdom, and the realization that if their ability to use magic is all that sets them apart from commoners, then why do we even have nobles anyway?
This right here the "issue" with magicology isn't it's philosophical underpinnings, that argument is just a flimsy justification. It's that the aristocracy has a much more precarious position than in our world. This isn't comparable to a renaissance or reformation, it's the enlightenment. The aristocracy here face the obliteration of their sole claim to power as founded in religious justifications similarly to what happened with rationalism and universal human rights in the eighteenth century and without the time, nor imagination, to create new justifications like in our world they lash out.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread