The Magical Revolution of the Reincarnated Princess and the Genius Young Lady - Ch. 33

Dex-chan lover
This shit is so goofy
Is this a bad TL? Cause that reasoning for him hating his sister makes absolutely no fucking sense
  1. He hates that he cant help people
  2. He thinks sister is amazing
  3. People talk shit about her and tell him her technology is bullshit
  4. She gives up to throne for him and...now he hates her? He literally went from "holy shit fuck you guys I gotta protect my sister" to "I hate her" in a single page
Like what? Is this supposed to be "He hates her because she didnt become queen to help people"??
But she can still obviously fucking help people by just working on her magic tech shit??
And now that hes king HE can work to promote her work??????????
If anything this should motivate him to work hard for her.

Dex-chan lover
Now we see it from Al PoV

Despite denying it, we all know how Siscon Al is.

Dex-chan lover
Al and Anis are two sides of the solution, but instead of working together to make a complete plan they are forced to oppose each other.

Algard has correctly identified that the nobility is hellbent on propping themselves up by retaining control of the most important resource, magic. They will slander, impoverish, or outright kill anyone who attempts to change this. After years of seeing their terrible behavior, he reaches the conclusion that he needs the power to destroy their power. He's going to fight fire with fire. But while eliminating the nobility would allow Anis to spread magicology and improve the lives of the commoners, it won't replace the hierarchal government with an egalitarian one.

Anis believes in the slow and steady march of technology to fix things, but she's trapped in the thinking of individualist neoliberalism. Her motivation is selfish, and the disruption she will cause is going to kill more people than Algard's coup. The nobles will use violence to curtail their loss of power. The more magicology spreads the more oppressive they will become to purge anyone who tries to challenge their authority. Just like the transition from Feudalism to Capitalism, I expect elites will first try to stop magicology from existing, then attempt to gain control of it to reinforce class structures.

I think Algard is right to try to purge the Nobility since the evolving paradigm no longer requires them. And I think Anis is right to make magical resources more egalitarian. But neither of them recognizes how an Egalitarian world would function. Neither is trying to create a cultural shift where people could accept non-hierarchal organizations. All they are doing is giving the conflict crueler, more advanced weaponry.

Dex-chan lover
Ah, Here we go. Were about to jump into the meat of this story. I'm pretty excited.
Oh wait I remember a lot of filler if I'm remembering right. Oh well it's good development filler.

Dex-chan lover
.... Who is the bald dude with long beard? Talk to prince without respect

And AL didn't do anything from child to adult... He became the one he hated and achieve nothing. Very sad...

Dex-chan lover
That's precisely what she described just because of her nature, and the status quo. The whole problem is the status quo, and the old men who are all too willing to zealously enforce it. Anis thought removing herself from the equation of succession would be the simplest solution, but she forgot to take her brother's feelings and concerns into account. To make matters worse, they were separated at some point due to his training and orientation to become King, so they couldn't talk about anything. Her brother came to the only conclusion he could under the circumstances, that the entire system is rotten.

Al was born into power and privilege, but was forbidden from using that power to reach out and helping even a single person, and even now is getting jerked around by all the nobles trying to either curry favor, or trying to control him for their own convenience. Before this fight, he never even meant any harm or directed any hostility toward his sister, but the selfsame aristocracy trying to influence him, did. Shit-talking about his sister, and treating her with animosity because of what he saw as groundless prejudice based only on zealotry. In a similar way, it's like how modern day believers leave their faiths, because they can't stomach the people. The Prince is good natured, but he's pissed that the very system which he was raised to believe is for the good of all, is actually dumping all over his moral compass. And the contradiction finally made him snap.
Yeah that was a bad move on her part but I can at least chalk that up to her being a child at the time. She should have talked with him first before doing it as they probably could have worked out a solution with the king on how to fix the issue

Dex-chan lover
Maybe... but she should have properly communicated with him... but she didn't...

His goal is to crush them... not a complete wrong goal really... but maybe it could be done better....
Oh I agree she should have. Alas she didn’t and it led to this situation. I wonder how much of her rushing to renounce it was spurned on by the nobles and the rumors they were spreading. I could see them doing that to her and freaking her out since she was still a kid at the time

Dex-chan lover
Basically, nobles and Anis created a "monster", isekaied Anis went full out in "hurr durr im'a become a magician fuck everything" deepened her distance from the throne and rejecting it to favour Algard.

If Anis wouldn't discover the truth behind Algard "relationship" with Laine he would peacefully gain control over nobility and achieve his goal, to stop hoarding magic by nobles and it be accessible to all.

Anis has both blood on her hands for what happened to Laine and twisting her brother, since by not standing by his side she fed him to be influenced by the greedy nobility.

Dex-chan lover
Yeah that was a bad move on her part but I can at least chalk that up to her being a child at the time. She should have talked with him first before doing it as they probably could have worked out a solution with the king on how to fix the issue
Both are children at that part. But Anis at least had some memories as a reincarnator and as an older sister to Al, so I still think she shoulders part of the blame.

That is what makes the story interesting, like in the real world it is complicated. The nobles are the ones at fault and both Anis and Al went into different ways to try and solve it.

Dex-chan lover
Both are children at that part. But Anis at least had some memories as a reincarnator and as an older sister to Al, so I still think she shoulders part of the blame.

That is what makes the story interesting, like in the real world it is complicated. The nobles are the ones at fault and both Anis and Al went into different ways to try and solve it.
Oh I agree that she does share the blame for what happened but I can at least understand why she did what she did. Just like Al was the nobles freaked her out with the rumors she was spreading and she thought abdicating her right would make it so people could try to say she was trying to kill Al so she could make sure she was queen.

Not to mention she probably thought Al might fall for the rumors even if ever so slightly. It would always be a nagging thing at the back of his mind on whether she tried to kill him or not. This was her way of trying to make sure that didn’t happen as she was probably scared that he would start hating her. It’s definitely something I could buy a kid in her situation being worried about

Dex-chan lover
Basically, nobles and Anis created a "monster", isekaied Anis went full out in "hurr durr im'a become a magician fuck everything" deepened her distance from the throne and rejecting it to favour Algard.
That… that isn’t even remotely the way this series has read so far. We did read the same chapter/series right?

Dex-chan lover
That… that isn’t even remotely the way this series has read so far. We did read the same chapter/series right?
After gaining memories of someone else she wasn't into magicology, just sort of background character, her pursuit of the matter started right after that.

LN authors don't fail at surprising you and leaving you dumbfounded, huh? Is this a common thing on manga and LNs?

Dex-chan lover
After gaining memories of someone else she wasn't into magicology, just sort of background character, her pursuit of the matter started right after that.
she started pursuing magicology from the time that she gained her past life's memories after thinking about how much she wanted to fly in the sky. this was established early in the series. This chapter shows that she was into it and wanting to make it work for the people of her nation. It also shows that she gave up her right to the throne after nobles spread the rumor that she tried to kill Al. This is probably the reason why she did it and it isnt remotely cause "hurr durr im'a become a magician fuck everything".

Reread the series from the beginning so you dont end up saying silly things like that.

Fed-Kun's army
Not true at all. Anis tried to use magic "normally" but she can't use magic at all. That's when she turned to magicology since it's the only way for her to wield magic. Anis has explained to Euphie during magicology crash course chapter. Anis only threw away her cliam to throne after that rumors of her "jealousy" toward her brother and that she attempt to kill him. That's a bad move, of course, since she basically threw all of her responsibility onto her brother. The very main cause of Algard turning out that way is the very mistreatment of Nobility on non-magic user, not-capable magic user (Tilty) and commoner. Anis is only wrong in wanting to keep 'stat quo' of her country.

Dex-chan lover
Not true at all. Anis tried to use magic "normally" but she can't use magic at all. That's when she turned to magicology since it's the only way for her to wield magic. Anis has explained to Euphie during magicology crash course chapter. Anis only threw away her cliam to throne after that rumors of her "jealousy" toward her brother and that she attempt to kill him. That's a bad move, of course, since she basically threw all of her responsibility onto her brother. The very main cause of Algard turning out that way is the very mistreatment of Nobility on non-magic user, not-capable magic user (Tilty) and commoner. Anis is only wrong in wanting to keep 'stat quo' of her country.
Yes, but do remember her pursuit started off from the moment she regained memories. Their trip that "looked like assassination attempt" was after that, most likely the original didn't had such a reckless urge to become a magician.

We have isekaied mc's to be careless with what they are doing, heavily influence surrounding world with their actions but mostly it somehow "magically" fixing itself but rarely see facing the problems and trying to make things bit right again.

From Anis point of view and some people reading, don't think realised that yet.

Users who are viewing this thread