The Magical Revolution of the Reincarnated Princess and the Genius Young Lady - Ch. 39

Dex-chan lover
I just want this arc to end so we can go to the next one already... urgh
I, for once, am not urged for this to end, but that's because I already watched the anime so I know how it ends, so I'm just enjoying the manga differences.

...That and I'm not a LN reader... Because MUCHO TEXTO (yeah, I'm lazy to read lots of text, ok? Give me a break here).

Dex-chan lover
I now get what annoys me about this arc. Anis at least understands her responsibility as royalty and is trying to handle things properly, but these dumbasses instead of supporting her emotionally and logistically to lighten her burden are too concerned about that she doesn't really want to be queen, and the results of that won't be pretty because Anis herself is being neglected and isolated by these morons. The heir problems that they were complaining about in a previous chapter are way overblown, not urgent, and there's n ways of dealing with it that don't involve Anis marrying someone she doesn't like.

Fed-Kun's army
one of the main problems with this series is that it tries to have a heavy focus on communication without ANY of the characters actually communicating with each other, let aloe be good or even somewhat decent at it. at most they scream and cry at each other in till someone backs down.

parents suck at parenting and ruling.
how are you letting grown men bully not one, both of your kids❔❔

all of her friends just frown and get mad at her for trying to make the best of the situation.
Anis is completely insolated on all fronts because no one who claims to love her is even trying to come up with ways to lighten her load.

Dex-chan lover
Thank you for the chapter! Personally, I'm fine with her being called King, Queen, ruler, whatever. It's all the same to me, honestly.

Dex-chan lover
I mean... Anis' parents, the king and queen, could have done something more to try to improve the politics of this country, which is so based on the belief in spirits and magic...
Sylphine and Orphanz dont have the political base to fix anything until the investigation into Algard's Betrayal is concluded, which is something like 9 weeks after this chapter in the timeline.
Can't wait to see the anime ending here honestly because the anime ending fight is LITERALLY QUITE CLOSE TO THIS
probably will take 2-3 months to get to The Best Fight. I know in the books its only a handful of pages, but i would honestly want Despair and Determination to take the entire rest of the year, especially because the battle is supposed to take something around 9 hours since they start at noon and fight until sunset.
the manga is particularly bad about communicating this but the Palletia Family despite being an Absolute Monarchy, has no real power until the conclusion of the investigation of Algard's Betrayal, and that Anis literally lies through her teeth to be the best lesbian daughter for her parents she can.
Anis has the strongest political base on paper of the entire family, and its useless because Popular Sovereignty within the citizenry and military doesnt convey legitimacy or political authority to an absolute monarch. If Anis wanted to commit to being a lesbian constitutional queen she could theoretically launch a revolution and kill the nobility like Algard intended, shes powerful enough to do that, but would could never really live with herself doing that

Dex-chan lover
parents suck at parenting and ruling.
how are you letting grown men bully not one, both of your kids❔❔
for real, these might be the most useless royal parents ever, and that's saying something because I've read plenty of manhwas where the royal family are useless as fuck.

all of her friends just frown and get mad at her for trying to make the best of the situation.
Anis is completely insolated on all fronts because no one who claims to love her is even trying to come up with ways to lighten her load.
I now get what annoys me about this arc. Anis at least understands her responsibility as royalty and is trying to handle things properly, but these dumbasses instead of supporting her emotionally and logistically to lighten her burden are too concerned about that she doesn't really want to be queen, and the results of that won't be pretty because Anis herself is being neglected and isolated by these morons. The heir problems that they were complaining about in a previous chapter are way overblown, not urgent, and there's n ways of dealing with it that don't involve Anis marrying someone she doesn't like.
both of you are so fucking right you should speak louder!!!

honestly I understand this is a necessary and important arcs so that the 2 MCs can bond for real, but this is so dry and stupid and irritating to read.
Maybe it's cuz I'm waiting so long between each chapter that I don't really connect to the story and understand the characters anymore? Or maybe the story has always been this subpar and I've only realized that now because of how terribly written this arc is? Either way, I think I will drop this here for good.

thank you all at Chibi Multiverse for the quality translation though!

Dex-chan lover
I don't really connect to the story and understand the characters anymore?
This book thats being adapted currently is extremely dense on political information that is being skipped and was skipped in the previous one, and the conflict is heavily based on that information. Essentially Palletia is a corrupt, broken state from the civil war, and the crown has no political authority as a result.

Excluding the conclusion of Despair and Determination, Anis and Euphie's entire character development ends at Ch-13.

Double-page supporter
Oh i quite like the little call backs and details from previous chapters. This author actually remembers its plot points and power system

Dex-chan lover
for real, these might be the most useless royal parents ever, and that's saying something because I've read plenty of manhwas where the royal family are useless as fuck.

both of you are so fucking right you should speak louder!!!

honestly I understand this is a necessary and important arcs so that the 2 MCs can bond for real, but this is so dry and stupid and irritating to read.
Maybe it's cuz I'm waiting so long between each chapter that I don't really connect to the story and understand the characters anymore? Or maybe the story has always been this subpar and I've only realized that now because of how terribly written this arc is? Either way, I think I will drop this here for good.

thank you all at Chibi Multiverse for the quality translation though!
Well i'm not as annoyed at her parents or at least her dad as i am at her mom and especially the one who should've been her emotional support, Euphie. Anis took her out to town to cheer herself up, see the things that are important to her and find motivation to rise up to the role, and all Euphie did was frown, fixed her sword, got scolded by the local blacksmith and keep some distance from Anis. Basically the people around her, Euphie in particular have been so useless and so drunk on their pity that they missed what was important and are doing jack shit to help her, i'd argue the dad and to some extent the maid are the only ones doing anything for her because as long as the king is healthy and running the country Anis can continue to have some time and freedom and this chapter Lainie is practically begging Euphie to go help her as she doesn't feel it's in her place to do so.

Really, we've had three chapters now with people calling Euphie out, first Tilty, then the blacksmith then Lainie but she's still stuck saying she doesn't want Anis to be queen drunk on pity which makes her no better than the other nobles who don't want her taking the throne. Tilty gave a practical solution, the blacksmith warned her that this will make Anis unhappy and Lainie is begging for her to support Anis...

If being queen means she'll have more responsibility and less free time then go freaking help her with that job, lighten her burden, you are a high ranking noble too. If she's concerned about having to have a heir, find some solution to the problem. Wouldn't be the first series to have a Yuri baby if the author wanted to go that route. If she wants to spend more time doing her magicraft well guess what, being a queen means she could dedicate the country's resources to it and maybe change the current paradigm about magic or have more resources to develop and spread magicraft around. What are you even doing being a sorry mess when Anis needs you the most, useless.

**DiscIaimer that i didn't watch the anime or read the LN, so what i'm writing might seem silly to those who did because they know what will happen later

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
This arc is so exhausting, and I can't imagine how much more exhausting it'd be to read it in the LN... :aquadrink: :aquadrink: :aquadrink:

Since I found out the anime finished further than what the manga currently covers, I wanted to wait for it to catch up, but I might just go finish it atp :shamihuh:

Dex-chan lover
Lainie x Ilia is stealthily (or openly) the cuter couple.

Anis x Euphie (or vice versa depending on the story/arc) is a bit too serious sometimes because they’re the center of the story. In that sense, the side couple and their cute/precious moment is more enjoyable.

Dex-chan lover
images

Dex-chan lover
Really, we've had three chapters now with people calling Euphie out, first Tilty, then the blacksmith then Lainie but she's still stuck saying she doesn't want Anis to be queen drunk on pity which makes her no better than the other nobles who don't want her taking the throne. Tilty gave a practical solution, the blacksmith warned her that this will make Anis unhappy and Lainie is begging for her to support Anis... If being queen means she'll have more responsibility and less free time then go freaking help her with that job, lighten her burden, you are a high ranking noble too. If she's concerned about having to have a heir, find some solution to the problem. Wouldn't be the first series to have a Yuri baby if the author wanted to go that route. If she wants to spend more time doing her magicraft well guess what, being a queen means she could dedicate the country's resources to it and maybe change the current paradigm about magic or have more resources to develop and spread magicraft around. What are you even doing being a sorry mess when Anis needs you the most, useless.

**DiscIaimer that i didn't watch the anime or read the LN, so what i'm writing might seem silly to those who did because they know what will happen later
I agree with you a lot. Also, we really did have fucking three chapters of people being angry/unhappy with Anis' decision to be queen wtf. Imagine you're steeling yourself to do a very important thing and all the people around you either got angry at you for doing it or don't try to do anything to help lessen the burden for you, that sounds fcking horrible tbh.

Users who are viewing this thread