The Magical Revolution of the Reincarnated Princess and the Genius Young Lady - Ch. 40

Dex-chan lover
What's with this ass pull fucking character! Smh :notlikethis:
Yeah would have been nice if we got some background lore on her character and her importance before she actually showed up.
Even if it was only to introduce the founding myth of the country ahead of time.
Would have been a perfect time to do so when they were at the magic society where they explained the nobility's bias.

Dex-chan lover
I knew a Lumi,
once...

This smile, is not the same as that Lumi I knew.

I don't like it.

Dex-chan lover
cqTsoNS.png

it just be like that I guess

Contractors have been getting casually mentioned for a while now whenever the topic of the county's history and nobles magic comes up. So it's nice to finally meet one

Dex-chan lover
He still hasn't explained why he was laughing yet, I thought he was supposed to do that before Lumi appears.
because his daughter have dilemma as him b4 anis father become king... but he dont have guts to do same as his daughter...

and cost of contract with lumi will kill him for eternity for sure * laugh *...not physically...but mentally

Double-page supporter
not sure how replacing the bloodline gonna fix their "corrupt nobles keep getting in my way" problem.

also it be more interesting to see anis actually try and change the kingdom with magic science then feeding into rich ppls fear over magic lightbulbs.

also also another chapter of ignoring how and what anis actually wants to do.

Dex-chan lover
This isn’t a traditional Romance manga in the first place

This is a Fantasy manga with comedic drama and a romance subplot. Even the initial romantic premise in the first chapter is treated as a humorous joke

This is about as much of a Romance manga as Pokemon with Ash Ketchum is

Have you heard of the Meet cute? It's the default way for romantic leads to meet in a romantic comedy. The final act of the first episode, from Anis crashing in through the window, to flying through the night sky with Euphy, is what marks the two of them as an eventual couple, and kickstarts the whole plot.

The yuri in MagiRevo is not really a subplot, in the sense that the leads just kind of share a few ship-worthy moments and then become a couple in the end. It is the plot, hand in hand with the "magical revolution".

That "magical revolution" is made possible by the love between these two girls, and itself helps them break down the barriers that prevent them from becoming a couple. Anis took Euphy as her assistant to help Euphy recover her reputation... But also because Euphy was exactly her type. Becoming queen would make her miserable because she would have to to give up her research... And also marry a man and produce an heir.

So now Euphy will become a spirit contractor, to protect her girl's happiness. Anis will be free to continue her research, free from the duty to get married, and together they can transform the kingdom to a more equal society through Magicology. As queen, Euphy will also be able to claim Anis as her partner and lover.

Everything loops back to lesbian romance here. Yes, even whatever Algard was cooking. For one, Algard denouncing Euphy is what gave her and Anis a chance to get to know each other. And his attempted coup is what leads to Anis being pressured to succeed the throne once again, forcing Euphy to admit to herself what she really wants. Shoutout to Algard for being a true ally.

not sure how replacing the bloodline gonna fix their "corrupt nobles keep getting in my way" problem.

also it be more interesting to see anis actually try and change the kingdom with magic science then feeding into rich ppls fear over magic lightbulbs.

also also another chapter of ignoring how and what anis actually wants to do.
Anis isn't queen material. She abandoned her royal studies at a young age and hasn't done any political socializing. Which, as we saw from the start, has put her in a weak position with the other nobles.

Anis' strengths are in her research. She's never actually wanted to be queen and if she was queen it'd take her away from her lab.

Euphy on the other hand has been studying on how to be queen since she was a kid. She went to the academy, socialized with nobles, and has a prodigal level of talent with magic that makes her respected by even the church. The only stain on her reputation was the Al incident, but that's been cleared.

Objectively she would make a better queen, and that would allow Anis to focus on what she loves. The contract is basically a King Author sword in the stone ritual to overcome her weak royal blood.

Dex-chan lover
Anis is actually decent at politics, shes noted as an extremely successful political activist except for her implementation of democracy in the capital, since as per normal people who grew up in a democracy she wasnt aware of just how much democracy requires education. IIRC she wrote Palletia's current tax code when she was 8. What shes bad at is noble politics which has nothing to do with societal management, reform, development, and infrastructure management.

but the manga and anime cant exactly have Euphie sitting quietly as Grant filibusters to his daughter about her girlfriend's preternatural competence.

Anis is actually decent at politics, shes noted as an extremely successful political activist except for her implementation of democracy in the capital, since as per normal people who grew up in a democracy she wasnt aware of just how much democracy requires education. IIRC she wrote Palletia's current tax code when she was 8. What shes bad at is noble politics which has nothing to do with societal management, reform, development, and infrastructure management.

but the manga and anime cant exactly have Euphie sitting quietly as Grant filibusters to his daughter about her girlfriend's preternatural competence.
Where in the world are you getting that Anis wrote their tax code? Admittedly I'm looking at the novels right now since the digital versions can be ctrl+f, but there is 0 mention of her doing anything tax related.

The only times Anis has been strong in politics was when it overlapped with her area of expertise. Like discovering Laine's condition, or killing the dragon (which was more adventurer related).
Also remember Anis struggled to do her pitch for the dragon materials. Euphy wad the one to do that.

Dex-chan lover
Where in the world are you getting that Anis wrote their tax code? Admittedly I'm looking at the novels right now since the digital versions can be ctrl+f, but there is 0 mention of her doing anything tax related.
honestly im at the point i should probably reread the books from the beginning because even when posting i was unsure whether it was actually tax code or which part of the government she did work on to purchase the political oversight so she could commit SCIENCE!. i feel like its a brick joke just to spite us where Grant is dealing with it in one book and its in euphie's hands in book 4, and i know its not brought up around her failure to establish a town council in the capital.

we are shown that Anis is good at the Legislative side of politics in the books, but its interpersonal politics shes abysmal at,

Dex-chan lover
Did you seriously start reading this for the fantasy despite having the exact same “Villainess getting falsely accused by her prince fiancé” brought you in, and not the promise of Yuri?
Personally, I started it because of
“Villainess getting falsely accused by her prince fiancé”
as I just love this shit and read around half villainess manga on MD. And story shine the most on that epic beatiful dragon fight.

Users who are viewing this thread