The Magical Revolution of the Reincarnated Princess and the Genius Young Lady - Vol. 1 Ch. 4

@VerneJules the manga skipped lots of details among those the proof for her hypothesis. The LN explains it better.

The manga is skipping a lot of important details that they may show in the future.

KZO

Dex-chan lover
With that face, she's gonna make her something to use in bed.

Dex-chan lover
I wonder if this MC will keep the isekai part secret, you know, most of the times with this genre they don't address it even when they get companions they can trust

Nep

Dex-chan lover
Ah the most boring part of volume 1. It's only uphill from here

So the "spirits" in this story aren't really what we see other stories spirits are. They are more like 'mana' in another worlds setting. Am I saying this right?

forgive my disparaging comment, but thank god the mc is not a genderbender. quite a refreshing isekai that also slaps the otome genre in the face.

Aggregator gang
@Aminey My understanding is that the spirits are just nature itself coalesced into dense forms, probably with magic as a core and also possibly as a binding agent. Think of the spirits as pearls. Pearls are made when clams form keratin around an irritant with the intent of isolating it to prevent further irritation. Magic would be the irritant, and a specific element would be the coating. Alternatively, you could also compare them to planets, where elements condense around a single point that is pulling them in due to some sort of gravity, magic likely being the "core" and the "gravity" within this scenario. The Magic stones would then be spirits that have become so dense they materialize, either due to them literally collecting too much magic and that of it's corresponding element(similar to how some stars can turn into black holes when they collect too much matter) or due to them actually "dying," with death either being a time limit(a life expectancy) or them simply running out of magic which is used to keep them in one piece. My honest bet is that most of them just condense like black holes, which would suggest that the bigger the magic stone the bigger and more powerful the spirit would have been before "death," but there could easily be some other reason as to why they die. Furthermore, the planet idea would also explain why anyone can use magic at all. Specific elemental spirits are drawn to those with similar souls, such as fire spirits drawn to someone who's soul has the essence of fire. Just so happens that the nobility have particularly strong essences, hence why commoners aren't typically able to use magic or at least potent magic because they're essence isn't strong enough to attract spirits.

Ultimately, this is all just my assumption. I assume much of this will be revealed later in the series, but I guess it also depends on how much depth the author wants this to have.

@Svelandria That is an interesting take on it now that I think about it. Having been used to seeing 'spirits' having a 'will/consciousness' in other stories.

Dex-chan lover
all the people here calling this chapter boring and me just sitting here engrossed in the worldbuilding and scientific look at what is usually just brushed aside in isekai.

Dex-chan lover
I find it funny that an entire chapter was spent on answering "what is magic?" -- only to essentially say nothing.

Dex-chan lover
I hope next chapter confirms my suspicion that
"consuming" magic crystals means "grind them up into powder and snort that shit"
because Anise is exactly the kind of person to do that.

Users who are viewing this thread