The Monstrous Duke's Adopted Daughter - Ch. 31

Dex-chan lover
Nice big chapter. Thx for upload :D

Hope child abuse is handled as harsh as here or even harsher. Setting your own child on fire is pretty much a reason to be put on a nobles trial yourself.

I've said it before and I will day it again and again, Leslie is such a treasure! And Duchess Salvatore is so cooool~

A big thanks for translating this.

So a noble trial will be held. HAHA I'd like to see the Sperado fall from grace

I would say death to the Sperado family but Leslie hasn't adopted the name yet so I'll say death to the blonde Sperado instead while eating popcorn after the next few chapters are released in the future.

And this is how the empire falls when the emperor is weak and needs support of strong houses who are struggling to get more power.

Dex-chan lover
I thought the Duchess was friends with Dowager, but I guess not. Though being the kings friends is probably many times better.

@mechpolaris I wonder if the Sperado family would lose peerage for this and past offenses. Their powers have waned severely except for Leslie so it wouldn't' be a huge lose, especially if there is an up an coming noble that can take over. It would be just, but no one lives in a just world. Every world is survival of the "fittest"

@mechpolaris I still don't think her previous sister is totally evil, as she did warm Beth about the carriage fire. So death to the parents and shame, humiliation and exclusion from society to the sister?

I can't wait to see the trial and the panic of Sperado guy.
It would be nice if the first kill of Leslie was her father/mother/sister or all of them at the same time :D

But It would be sad to see such a good girl becoming killer :(

@JutlandAngel I get it you think the blonde Sperado is still a young child who is easily influenced and still can change but let's not forget that she only did that since she didn't want Leslie to be the one doted on if they found out she has strong powers.

Dex-chan lover
I am going to predict this right now. The key evidence for her bad treatment will be her lack of a middle name.

It will be the nail into the coffin. That's why they were talking about it in this chapter how even the poorest nobles ensure their children are given a middle name from the church. It is the case's chekhov's gun so to speak.

Of all the evidences present for the case. That one is one that is completely irrefutable and supports the rest of the evidence.

Dex-chan lover
@JutlandAngel I think Leslie's sis only "saved" her out of greedy self-interest - she was afraid that Leslie's true awakening would cause her to lose standing in the family.

I think it might be some difference standard from modern trial, but the emperor seems to be terrified how Sperado house treat Leslie. Also, I can't imagine how that fool marquess is able to scheme for the duchess.

Users who are viewing this thread