The Monstrous Duke's Adopted Daughter - Ch. 31

I am hoping the emperor will be on the duchess' side. So far it looks like he is but you never know.

Dex-chan lover
hmm isn't the Emperor suppose to potentially be aware of this?

I like to see that Duchess have a powerful ally and, I know this is silly, but the way the emperor seems kinda innocent I like it too. He is saying all that in pure worry for the Duchess since he is somewhat aware of the other nobles and his mother intentions.
Also, Leslie cute as always and Rueli, best teacher 👌

Dex-chan lover
@Merilirem Basically you're saying, everyone in this story is stupid and will believe any stupid reasons to make these stupid antagonists liable, and that you're living in a region where being comically stupid is the standard so you find other people being surprised at such stupidity being acceptable to be offensive personally.

No wonder you compare these antagonists to america and it's president.

Dex-chan lover
I'm glad although the emperor is a bit of a weenie, he seems to be an alright person at least. And now he knows why she stuck her neck out. Of course she'd do it for a charming child strong enough to drag herself to the house of nobles with scary rumours, just to leave her birth family. If anything the evidence makes how much Leslie risked extra evident.

She's only 12 after all, there wasn't much she could do but beg someone for help while knowing how likely it is for someone to ignore her because that's what she's experienced her entire life. Poor kid. I really hope her dad gets slaughtered at both these trials.

Thanks for the chapter. =D

The emperor should have more faith in the Duchess power. 😈

@Aslinn @Tych It was mentioned that the last black magic user (and sacrifice) existed over a hundred year ago, the Emperor wasn't even born at the time. Previous emperors might have known about this matter, but what use would they got if the empire really did confront the Sperado? The Sperado provided the empire a powerful magic user, maybe they also helped the empire win war several times. A single child of a noble family dies. People die everyday. Why make big deal of it?

I'm getting sad as I typed this, damn it.

Oh and thanks for the scans team for the translation!! It's just been a day! I'm so happy.

Ooh a good emperor if not the best
Haven't seen one in a while
Thank you for the update 💕

If the emperor allows her to lose the trial, then the duchess will lose her title and her respect for the emperor. Then, the duchess will be free to take her probably still very loyal soldiers and use her power to kill the Marquess before leaving this country and living a peaceful life elsewhere with Leslie.

Dex-chan lover
@Shdill not to point this out but Acela literally found dozens of records of second and third borns' all dying in the Sperado house just from looking around your telling me that the royal family didn't pass down this dark knowledge to the successor for them to decide if they should intervene, cover, or what have you even if it is for war potential that is still human sacrifice that should at least run the risk of alienation from the church or something

and yes I can see how you writing that would cause some trouble to ones mental state that is just horrible to argue with

Thank you scans team for the release

@JutlandAngel
Hey sister is evil because she only warned Beth to make sure that leslie won't use her power to escape the fire so her father won't be able to confirm leslie's power. Her sister won't mind leslie too be burned because that means she will become hold of leslie's power.

but in the end not only will the Sperados lose this trial also it will be her sister who become an sacrifice do to the queen dowage order 😈
Serves her right

Users who are viewing this thread