The Rising of the Shield Hero - Vol. 17 Ch. 69 - The Hunting Hero's Homecoming

@Tntxgaming1 that was an interesting story about bitch's punishment,and i think that too dark for some ppl if that really used in manga and anime.
is there any more dark plot thant exist in WN only?.

I pity the ones on the foreground fighting against the army with Gyan Missile Shields (Page 26, bottom panel).

Dex-chan lover
@Tntxgaming1 holy hell man thats so dark. I would read it still if the manga follow the WN throughly, but it feels like the whole storyline of good and bad would be shifted, making its hard to support any side other than hoping the world to be destroyed by Glass n co.

Double-page supporter
It's nice seeing Naofumi reflecting on his life like that
And it's even nicer seeing that Bitch and Trash weren't in Naofumi's imaginative protrait

Dex-chan lover
@bk3k
that Dimension Wave web novel actually predates the Shield Hero Web Novel by a few months, but by the time the Shield Hero Light novels where published it was a dead Web Novel and the author used it as inspiration for the characters here but they are not the same characters for example
that Kizuna is a boy using(stuck with) a girl avatar, while this one has always been a girl)

Supporter
Kizuna reminds me of Gon from HxH: a fisherman who tries so hard to get along with everyone else.

Double-page supporter
@slost
Was that too dark compared to
the mass execution of Tact's followers (then Tact)? Like the scientist girl they shoved into a pool of acid and watched her dissolve? And had soul eaters to make sure even their souls where destroyed and could not reincarnate? I don't know if that happens in the LN too.
Well I sure can't see that making the anime cut in any case, and probably not the manga either.

@Drm186
that Dimension Wave web novel actually predates the Shield Hero Web Novel by a few months, but by the time the Shield Hero Light novels where published it was a dead Web Novel and the author used it as inspiration for the characters here but they are not the same characters for example
The author used the other novel for inspiration? It is the same author for both.
that Kizuna is a boy using(stuck with) a girl avatar, while this one has always been a girl)
What makes you so certain Kizuna here isn't a male on the inside?
Go back a few chapters and re-read while considering that possibility. Note Kizuna's various mannerisms.
Also note there is another related series (I haven't read it yet).
https://www.novelupdates.com/series/in-a-world-without-life/

@NotTriton
that's not Kizuna from Shield Hero
So sure about that?
Sadly translation seems to have stopped on this, so I can only tell you so much about it (I have read a bit further with MTs).
1. Same author.
2. Kizuna is a fishing maniac. Though at the point it is translated did not yet possess a holy weapon.
3. The same races found in Dimension Wave are found in Kizuna's world, with the same race mechanics.
4. Glass (who is strongly attached to Kizuna) seems to be identical, but not yet having a holy weapon (yet the same class of weapon).
5. The fact that there are you know... dimension waves (as the title obviously suggests).

Consider if you will the other 3 "holy heroes" besides the shield has played a video game of some sort that reflected the world they later went to. Which to say is what is happening in Dimension Wave - it is supposed to be a very advanced VRMMO game where you truly experience another world. So what about Dimension Wave then?
—Continuing with the well-acclaimed playstyle of the first phase, Phase II of the game will also not allow players to log out until the session has been completed. This further encourages players to fully experience a second life in the game. However, in-game time differs from real-life time.
Though each session will require years of in-game time to be completed, it will translate to 24 hours of real-life time. This means that even players who are in full-time employment will be able to enjoy all of the content. We are now accepting new applicants, so don’t hesitate to sign up! Please visit the address below for details.
I do have my doubts that it was truly a game, but I can't say for sure without reading further. However what happen in this seems to be in line with what the other "heroes" experienced before. A game that gave them previous experience/knowledge - (intentionally) distorted as it where - of the world they'd later be summoned to.
I won't totally discount the possibility of being wrong, but I think that's very much the same Kizuna - with everything else likewise involved. All the evidence I see points strongly in that direction. I've seen authors that recycle characters to an extent - similar designs but different names. For example Eve and Train(Black Cat) - to Yami and Black(To Love-Ru). Completely carrying the character over seems to instead indicate a shared universe. This seems to be the very same character in the same circumstances, not an inspired clone.

edit/addition: @Drm186
You stated Dimension Wave is a dead novel. So why did it last update 2 days ago?

Group Leader
@bk3k

In the volume 8 afterword Aneko Yusagi says this about Kizuna

By the way, as I said in one of the afterwords, Glass was originally a character in the Dimension Wave web novel, which I wrote before Shield.
Well, Kizuna in it was the main character.
In its genre, Dimension Wave is a peaceful piece about an online game.
Kizuna it was, in fact, a female character, who was played by a man.
But don't worry, readers of the Shield. She's really a girl here.
She is definitely not a boy in disguise, and she wasn't a man in the past world.
She loves to fish, and she has a wonderful character.
She reminds me of Naofumi before the betrayal.

And when Dimension Wave Volume 1 released Aneko Yusagi stated in their blog that Kizuna from Dimension Wave and Kizuna from Shield Hero shouldn't be considered as the same character as they're using the "star?" system.

Dex-chan lover
@BK3K

just because the author wrote the other series doesn't mean that can not use the older work for inspiration

also I pretty sure the dimension wave is get a rebrite as the popularity of of both Rising of the Shield Hero and Reprise(ReDo) of the Spear Hero as cause the Dimension wave to be picked up in a light novel (which the author is also writing along with the aforementioned series

Contributor
Sorry girly, but his home is with the people he loves. And frankly they're all in your world atm.

@slost (is that how you talk to someone?) that was just one of the most dark parts so there isn't much as dark as that (mainly from the fans hating it for being too dark) but there is also an incredibly major spoiler that most likely will into the manga and anime
Where after Bitch is killed she is somehow revived and then plans to kill both her mother and father (in the manga and anime it would be the same but without her dead because Bitch is someone who holds strong grudges), in the WN you also can see that she has been pieced back together by an alchemist. This is from a person called Tact, who is a seven star hero (WN hero) who has been reincarnated (Tact may or may not be in the manga and anime). Bitch plans directly to kill the queen and the king, and so Tact kills the queen with
the hero of the claw's (a hero weapon in the shape of a claw) weapon which also directly pierced Naofumi's shield (after the spirit turtle and phoenix (a monster similar to the spirit turtle who appeared a few months after the spirit turtle's killing. The phoenix most likely won't be in the manga and anime because there was a split in the story from the manga and WN (manga has Naofumi going into glass's world and WN has Naofumi staying because the other heroes' information (which is true). When the Queen is on the verge of death Melty directly laughs and sneers at the queen, who does actually love her children and wonder why Melty became that way. Trash, who had also loved Bitch, was dumbfounded because he loved his family, after demihumans and beastmen had taken his family away. Trash still loved Bitch because of his trauma and also loved the queen, he went unstable soon after the heroes ran away from Tact, and his harem (Fucking harems, they suck, and it is worse because our would humans are fine with it.) who have all surprassed the 100 level cap (in the world that Naofumi is sent to there is a level cap of 40 going to 80, and finally 100, after that you have to do a ritual to surpass level 100 where there is no longer a level cap. Then later (much later than the queens death.) The heroes beat Tact and send them to execution by a real iron maiden, a guillotine, and the brazen bull (where a person is trapped in a metal bull which is heated, cooking the person to death alive, there is also a speaker in the mouth part of the bull for you to hear the screams of the people). Melty insults and injures Tact who had literally revived and saved her in public (Like the Bitch she is), because she thought she wouldn't be killed because Trash is her father (he became a major good guy after the queen died), where she is killed again, sadly not as dark as before because the pig king was killed.
Then in the final arc of the shield hero, THE FUCKING BITCH IS REVIVED AGAIN AS A FUCKING GODESS, who is the cause of world assimilation. How? BECAUSE THE GODDESS IS A BITCH WHO LOVES SEEING people hurt and betrayed, where it then shows why Melty was such a Bitch and acted like she has. Why was she doing world assimilation? For literal fun and to get levels. THE FUCKING LITTLE (INSERT CUSS WORD STRONGER THAN BITCH, CUNT, WHORE, AND EVERY OTHER SLUR) DID ALL THAT KILLED LITERAL WORLDS AND MANY INNOCENT PEOPLE FOR FUN AND TO GET LEVELS. IT GETS WORSE TOO because the bitch from Glass's world has brainwashed all of all the heroes in her world, partly because that bitch is actually useful. Then as a godess SHE FUCKING SPEAKS IN MELTY'S VOICE TO Trash who is still traumatized (you will feel my anger if you read the WN since the wording is better), AND, AND SHE FUCKING REIVES THE QUEEN AS AN ENEMY (and you should know that the queen is a cheat level strength person) ANDD, SHE MAKES THE QUEEN FIGHT AGAINST Trash, THE FUCKING (SLUR THAT DOES NOT EXIST) 1: REVIVED THE QUEEN, 2: DIRECTLY HARMS TRASH WHO WAS ONLY ACTED LIKE TRASH FROM TRAUMA BY MIMICKING HIS CHILD, AnD 3: FUCKING MAKES THE QUEEN FIGHT TRASH, WHO LOVES THE QUEEN AND (ANGER THAT CANNOT BE PUT INTO WORDS) directly traumatized Trash again, who became a good guy and a cheat level good guy, to an above average good guy. THEN SINCE THIS IS SO IMPORTANT INTO THE STORY'S ENDGAME, This will almost definitely be in the manga and anime. FUCK FUCK FUCK GODDAMNIT IT MOVES THE STORY AND KEEPS IT GOOD BUT GOOD DAMNIT THIS FUCKING MASTERPIECE.
. Note: Major swearing and Slur words. It is also long.

Group Leader
@Tntxgaming1 as @KarasuMan has said

By all meanings, the information from the WN and the LN should NEVER be mixed or used as referece to one another.

The thing you talked about at the very end is WN only, the manga will NEVER go there and I actually mean NEVER as the manga is an adaptation of the LN and the LN will not have that

Users who are viewing this thread