The Rising of the Shield Hero - Vol. 17 Ch. 69 - The Hunting Hero's Homecoming

Dex-chan lover
Been a while since I enjoyed reading a chapter of this series. Kizuna is a pretty nice character.

Double-page supporter
@NotTriton
Ah I guess I'm wrong then, although that's surprising that they'd be different all considered. I still think it is worth a read if you like the character even if technically "different".

It feels like the pacing of the story is beating around the bush a little, but I like the development of getting to the core of Naofumi's attitude.

@bk3k
For clarity:
Aneko had been planning the writting for shield hero for a long time before they even began writting down. During the procress tho, aneko had a spur of inspiration and created a random project out of the one of one of the games inside the story of Shield hero...this is Dimension Wave.

Aneko stated on some posts regarding Dimesion Wave that both the story and name came out during the time they here ironing out details for shield hero, but the name stuck with them so much, they wrote a few chapters for it before starting to post Shield hero.

Regarding the Star System:
Aneko stated on other blog posts that they are using the "star system" in general. This means that while characters that display similar personalities and/or share names between works of the same author, are not actually meant to be one in the same (in hollywood, the star system was "cast the same actor within different roles to promote said actor"), meaning that while "Kizuna" from Dimension Wave, who is a dude playing a female character on a deep immersion VR game; and "Kizuna" from Shield Hero, who is a girl who got summoned to another world as a legendary hero, both share the same personality traits and name, they are both "different characters" regardless.
This also applies to Naofumi, as Star System is to be applied on both the Light Novel version and the Web Novel version of shield hero. with all their characters be treated under the star system , meaning that the WN is canonical only to the WN version, and the LN is canonical to the LN version and any other media derived from the LN version.

for those who wonder
this also means that the character Medea as stated by aneko, if it ever comes to exist on the LN, its not gonna be the same medea as the WN; meaning that will have entirely different origins and goals, straying apart from Web-Novel version of Medea

Is it just me or is Kizuna saving this whole series? Either way, I like her a lot. She's an adorable ball of positive energy.

Group Leader
Kizuna is such a cute and lovely loli! We need more heorines like her in manga! lmao <3

Now this is pretty good, will probably read the light novel in the near future as well. Afterall would be a shame NOT to :)

Dex-chan lover
Just take out the 3 idiotic heroes and you can definitely have a picture like that Naofumi

Aggregator gang
Dude, if you were less of a "woe is me" cynic who kept antagonizing people so they can fulfill your worst expectation you might actually find some joy in life and see some more smiles around you.

You already have plenty of people who would enable you to have that happy picture if you could just get over yourself.

Isekai fantasy is either an adventure like in Mario or a struggle of reality in Naofumi's case.
Naofumi has too many trust issues after B;tch and Trash, and he needs to bond and trust the people he sees as allies(Raphtalia and Filo)

Users who are viewing this thread