The Villainess' Slow Prison Life Began with Her Broken Engagement - Vol. 1 Ch. 2

There are many villainess stories lately but this is probably the only one where the villainess actually acts like a villainess.

Double-page supporter
i still don't understand why everyone gets charmed by childish petanko girl.

big tiddy sadist onee-san type for the win.

Dex-chan lover
@onionskins

Well, several of them are flatalists.
And the rest have... too excellent political marriages, let's put it at that.
They're basically terrified of their fiances who are just too good in some areas, and too... perfect in others.
And they're treating it as the political marriages they are (except for the later new girl)
Meaning they mean them all the well, but they don't fawn over their every idea.
Margaret and any other person in similar situations in other novels... they show attention and are cute, two things they don't get from their current fiancees.

Dex-chan lover
@onionskins
Maybe the little brother wanted to get away from his incestual feelings and went for the opposite of his sister?

As for the prince, all I can think of is he wanted to feel smart for a change, so he needed someone really, really dumb.

She might not have been a villainess at the start, but she is definitely starting to act like one. Not that I mind. It is nice to have an actual villainous villainess.

Dex-chan lover
with all this fast forwarding, I am a bit worried of what they cut from Hailey's
Rachel's pet monkey
events
he causes so much chaos while trying to be helpful it is not funny

@zephyroths : it is/will be glorious
and other then the yaoi novels, all Rachel did was send a single truthful letter. Idiot knight gets what he deserves.

@SakuraShower : the bad thing is, if they left her alone and did their jobs properly she would not not be a threat to them, pretty much everything is retaliation for being imprisoned for crimes she did not commit, and would not warrant imprisonment, by people who have no reasonable excuse for believing the words of her
no noble blood prostitutes daughter
accuser, with 0 evidence
and has drawn the level of ire leading to bullying from pretty much EVERY noble daughter in the capital for shamlesly flirting with multiple engaged men
Heck the king and queen's reaction in the web novel is basically
to double down on making her the next queen, as she just keeps proving she is the only girl qualified for the job. They also seem to be dissatisfied with the whole situation because it send the wrong signals to the other nobles about things like marrying higher ranks (a slow rise is good, Barron to duke should be EXTREMLY rare) in a way that upsets the order their society is built on, and would justify the bullying if Rachel had actually done any. Margaret is not even qualified to make the list of potential replacements for Rachel

@onionskins : It partly has to do with her origins
her mother was a prostitute who married a Barron a few years ago, Margaret spend years in the pleasure quarter and learned how the prostitutes butter up their clients. which she used to con the pedophiles who visited the pleasure quarter. She says all the right words while their fiances are from political engagements and not romance (and in some cases not in the capital), she also never bothered to learn the rules of noble society which makes her flirting stand out all the more
That said the noble politics involved mean every one of them should have destroyed their chances of inheriting their houses if the families have any choice in heir because of how they flocked to her.

Fed-Kun's army
I don't know what will happen. But I pray for that knight's soul, heart, and butt.
R.I.P.

Contributor
Whu would you even forget your A+ fiancee ?

Even if she was/is scary, it's worth it....probably.

Users who are viewing this thread