There's No Such Thing as a Villainess Route? Not in My Book! - Vol. 1 Ch. 1

Double-page supporter
IMO, making the villainess becomes the tragic heroine and vice versa feels kinda redundant to put the mc as the villainess in the first place.

Someone spoil me the the game heroine a bitchy transmitter aswell or are we going to actually have a good nice sweet girl

Double-page supporter
@theilikepie Pretty much nothing you said is true. You might want to read up on the Angelique series, from which the entire genre originated. It was a turn-based strategy series developed by the creators of Nobunaga's Ambition, but marketed toward women, set in a medieval world with nobles and focused heavily on romance, as well as rivalry with another female character who would eventually become playable in the game's 20th anniversary remake, therefore paving the route for so-called "villainess routes".

Most tropes and stereotypes explored by the villainess genre harken back to Angelique and its numerous imitators, which still make up the bulk of the otome market in Japan. Yes, the western market presence of the genre is more focused on pure visual novels, but keep in mind that they're only a tiny part of the genre and the reason they're given localization priority is because they're much easier to localize than many major otome franchises, such as Meine Liebe and Angelique (both of which consist largely of strategy and simulation games with dating sim elements).

Do note that while simulation and strategy games are more likely to have villainess characters because they provide an easy obstacle for the player (for example by checking the heroine's current stats with those of the rival character), pure visual novels do also frequently have rival characters (such as Rika in Mystic Messenger and, hilariously enough, also Rika in Amnesia). They're less common than in sim and strategy games, however.

Dex-chan lover
Oh hell, the heroine’s gonna be a bitch. Judging from the way she goes all sad when her dumbass pen broke instead of going ‘Oh no it’s fine’ bruhhh if Felix suddenly just take that hoe’s side cuz he trust that hoe more that boy ain’t worth it

Fed-Kun's army
I've not heard of harem routes in time games before, and now I'm curious how such a story would play out.

This heroine is a bitch, so I'm out seen it a couple of times and there aint no more intresting stuff so Im out

Yeah Im with @crynozephyr at this point this plotline has become pretty tired and cliche. Ill stick around a bit longer but if the other characters believe the "heroines" bullshit about the FMC then Im out too. No need to see someone get banished for breaking a pen or burning some cookies or some bullshit. I like when its an honest fight, not a rigged one.

Group Leader
@Ashabel

The Angelique series is one group of games. Pretty mcuh 98 percent of them do not have those tropes

And yeah rival characters exist but there not the hardcore villanesses we see in this genre nor are they engaged to the LIs

Villaness tropes do not exist because a trope would imply that these types of chacaterter are coomon. Which there not. Out of 100 games 2 might have some type of female character who also like the

And the villaness as finance of one of the ML dont exist at all. Never come across one. Why would players want to homewrecker?

Go to VNDB and most of them take place in modern day japan, or ancient Japan. The few outliers take place in european counties but again not the noble kind or alternate worlds which again rarely noble

Strategies? Tokimeki girl side dosent have a status check against the rivlas. There there so If you dont go after the guy quick enough they date the dude. But theres no status check. Neither is there a status check in other games such dandelion

Yeah female antagonists exist but they dont fight over shallow shit such as a dudes dick. Its usually the traditional villan type. Not a regina george tier highscoolers.

Real otome villans(female) would stomp all over these emotionally immature spoiled thots. It's disgraceful that these stories have reduced them to weak doormats

Fed-Kun's army
Meh a reincarnated know how the story will be, is it not? If i'd know how the story is gonna be, I could do many thing but at lest don't associate with this people. Even knowing how shitty it will be, why fall in love with that idiot... I don't get it.

YOSH! I've decided, that the prince is not a perfect match for her! Please change the her route to some other noble or prince of another country. And that heroine is already giving me "Hahahaha, i'm innocent" with a grin on her two face.

Users who are viewing this thread