Tonikaku Kawaii - Vol. 3 Ch. 22 - A mystery of life: How to get from Tokyo to Kyoto with only 1600 yen.

Dex-chan lover
I can't help but feel the sister is trapped between her undying love for her sister and her blooming affection for Nasa.

Double-page supporter
I thought that trains are affordable, I never thought that they were actually expensive like riding local planes.

As a guy who's jealous of their trains, I never thought that Bus is actually a good ride after reading this chapter.

Contributor
That was a nice and cute and is a long journey so they will get more time as shoulder pillow

Fed-Kun's army
Lol Norwegian krone, and wth is that Divorce she talked about on the last page?

Fed-Kun's army
She's talking about pre-meiji Japan as if she was there.
The foreshadowing intensifies.

Double-page supporter
> She's talking about pre-meiji Japan as if she was there.
> The foreshadowing intensifies.

Yeah, it is starting to look like the chapter splash pages could be canon, meaning Tsukasa-chan was at all of those places.

MD@Home
That's a really inexpensive night bus. When I took one for a similar trip it was around 6k.

Dex-chan lover
First time heard about Narita divorce. May be some kind of old traditions.

Dex-chan lover
Narita divorce - Since 10 to 30% of modern marriages in Japan are still arranged, these couples often spend their first significant amounts of time as a couple together on their honeymoon. When they fly back into Narita airport, they realize that they made a mistake & quickly agree to a divorce. It's kind of like the old Las Vegas divorce thing in the US.

Dex-chan lover
Japanese busses must suck if the trip was that hard for the dude. Over here long distance busses don't have bad seats at all.

Dex-chan lover
I thought that trains are affordable, I never thought that they were actually expensive like riding local planes.

Well, other trains wouldn't necessarily be quite as pricey as the one mentioned here. It's the "bullet train." Fast as all get out, and comfortable. Gives air travel a run for its money.

Shinkansen fares are generally competitive with domestic air fares. From a speed and convenience perspective, the Shinkansen's market share has surpassed that of air travel for journeys of less than 750 km, while air and rail remain highly competitive with each other in the 800–900 km range and air has a higher market share for journeys of more than 1,000 km.

Their trip is somewhere in the ballpark of 300-500 km I think it was? So, it sounds like the preferred method of getting there would've been the bullet train generally speaking. Faster and probably more comfortable than bus or car, probably less muss and fuss than going through airport terminals. If you can expect to be the most convenient option for people, you can charge them for that convenience.

Users who are viewing this thread