Usotsuki Satsuki wa Shi ga Mieru - Vol. 9 Ch. 81 - Resignation

Dex-chan lover
Her parents died. Her teacher died. The cousin girl who she was around the most died.
Lots of people die around children without it being a curse.

Also, what's 'right there in the text' is that they don't know about the curse.

Dex-chan lover
Would be interesting to know how her powers react to the late Prez deciding to kill someone. Do they go from completely clean to all black the moment the decision is made and do they then revert to all white the moment Satsuki dismantles his plan.

I also wonder how accurate her own view of herself is. She's messed up because a childhood like that will do it to you and believes herself responsible but it may be she can simply see people's death clocks and is no more involved than that. Going to be interesting to see how this all ends up. Thanks for translating.

Dex-chan lover
That might be the black strands clinging to Satsuki's hair in the last panel, along with the darkness beginning to obscure her face. Or it's Komachi seeing what she thinks is the premonition of the death of Satsuki herself.

Actually, is it possible this is true? Does Komachi see Satsuki's death right now?

Could in theory be part of the reason she is insisting on this happening right now.

Dex-chan lover
Even if you understand that she has incredibly messed up circumstances:
  • She's still a sociopath unaffected by other people's losses.
  • Actively roots for villains over the good guys.
It would be one thing if she was torn up by the deaths of other people around her. But she's not.

Am I supposed to care about a character who doesn't care about other people? Yeah, no. I'll take a pass on that.

JP manga, I love ya, but I'm getting a little tired of all your sociopathic characters.
Yeah but she’s cute

Dex-chan lover
Damn, we got bamboozled with the flashback. I really thought we were going to know more about Seo.
I guess she will be forever "the evil girl" for the lulz, until author elaborates further.

Dex-chan lover
Remember the time Komachi wordlessly pried Satsuki's fingers off a ledge so she could plummet to her death, creepily smiling all the way?

Pepperidge Farm remembers.

Dex-chan lover
Just wanted to add, Komachi was a child when she started making sense of her ability. Children are notoriously bad at making sense of things. After losing a loved one, kids will often blame themselves even if they weren’t involved in the incident. This can range from “he died because I told him to go away” to “he died because I didn’t eat all my lunch”. It’s important for parents to tell their kids that they aren’t at fault while they’re grieving. Komachi never had an opposing voice for her beliefs, so she kept believing it. In addition, there’s not much she can do to disprove it. She’ll always see death wherever she does, because death is everywhere.
It makes me think that her understanding of death, as well as her logical thinking process, is somewhat warped. Her logic seems to fall inline with magical thinking. She thinks that everywhere she goes, death will follow. She also knows that death is natural and happens to everyone no matter what.
As for why she thinks the black is following her in the first place, I’ve had a lot of kids tell me that the moon/sun is following them. Silly, right? The sun/moon is always there, it’s part of everyday scenery. It’s really far away, so we always see it. (Me trying to explain to the kids). But kids don’t really realize that. The same goes for Komachi seeing black. Kids, if the constant flow of “me, mine, my” didn’t tip you off, are very self centered. Everything feels very personal to them.

Dex-chan lover
I mean, the main character can see someone's death before they actually die and also changes the future to prevent that death. Because of that, it is not THAT weird (for me at least) to think that Komachi actually has the power to cause death to someone from prolonged contact.

Dex-chan lover
Comparing "I got your bag" from this chapter and chapter 1, it's pretty different. In chapter one she's awkward and in this chapter she's scared. (useless information 🙃)

Users who are viewing this thread