I'm in Love with the Villainess - Vol. 1 Ch. 2 - Their First Contest (Part 1)

Gotta respect Rei’s hustle, she’s going to get step on by her girl and no one is going to stop her.

@Altair
Sort of? Her character arc leads to her being honest to Claire and telling her the truth in the climax, but she doesn’t really get any real backlash for being manipulative towards people because the author portrayed her as being in everyone’s best interests. Maybe the light novel version will have more of that (actually can’t wait to read it without a MTL.) also quit being so heavy handed with rodd, he means well.

Dex-chan lover
Yessss my monthly doze of clairium fully charged!!!

Thank youuuuu soo much for the update!!>\\\<❤❤❤

Group Leader
@WhatAShame
I'm pretty excited to read the actual light novel too to see how it all cleans up. Rei is a classic invulnerable, do no wrong isekai hero though so we might not see much around that

hey, I love Rodd, but I can't help being heavy-handed with the dude when he can't keep Rei at arm's length

@Altair
To the author's credit, Rei being that "perfect" is kind of the entire point in the premise of being an Otome game protagonist. They are always saints and extremely special so that all the love interests get interested in them (as Rei herself keeps pointing out all the time).

Rei as her own person has plenty of flaws and I don't think she is a "do no wrong" hero. Her methods and desires are generally pretty shady. She cheats a lot, she is a total masochist and she is unhealthily obssessive towards certain things.

Group Leader
We can notice those aspects about her, but to WhatAShame's point, the storyworld does not. Personally, I like the handle that Rei has on the world, and losing it I think is one of the reasons people aren't following the sequel as closely. I had a lot of fun watching Rei play 4D chess. There's also a tricky line to walk between what are personality traits/flaws and what is gag comedy

And I never did read the nsfw chapter, but I'm willing to bet Rei is pretty vanilla

Damn I really love the novel and now I can say the same for the manga version! Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread