Watashitachi wa Moto Joshi desu - Ch. 12

Dex-chan lover
I've never gotten light headed in a bath or sauna in my life but according to manga it's a daily occurrence for Japanese peeps.
Really? I get so lightheaded that I feel dizzy and sometimes even throw up if I ate right before.
But I have always grown up with the idea of bathing in water that is as hot as it can get without burning you, and then just lay in it for half an hour or so.
can achieve the same in the shower if I bend over to clip my toenails with the water running and standing back up.
Don't have a bath though, so I'm good there, and the shower one happens rarely.

Dex-chan lover
l terrible for nagisa. he's liked girls, or specifically mao, ever since. I don't really know if he should feel disgusted for doing the deed using her, but he shouldn't feel disgusted on having feelings for a girl.

No one is going to talk about the senpai's scars in page 11?
it's been shown on ch 8 7 but hasn't confirmed where he got those from.

I wish those were scars from shots/injections and not burns from abuse...

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
That's a good doctor reiterating what has been gone over before and giving her time and options to process. I still don't like the mom for saying "no, just do what I say because you don't know any better discussion over" and then bouncing again to another country.

There was a whole argument in another chapter about this I think chapter 7. Some people were trying to argue stretch marks and hrt injections but I'm of the thought that it was bullying/abuse but I don't think it's the mom. I also think the abuse happened before the disorder onset which is why he's so adamant about being a guy and not understanding why Mino would want to transition back. Now that we got some backstory that he was interested in girls back when he was one I think he was abused because he was gay and/or dysphoric. Unsure by who yet because it hasn't really been revealed but I think there were hints that there was at least an instance of SA.
This is still only headcanon. In general, in Japanese culture for many centuries there has been a stereotype that gay people are actually just in the wrong gender. Have you ever noticed how much Japanese gay content abuses quasi-heterosexual dynamics, even more so than the West in the past, associating homosexuality with transsexuality. So if she really was gay, I think the author would have instead portrayed becoming a man as something "problem solving".

Group Leader
I've never gotten light headed in a bath or sauna in my life but according to manga it's a daily occurrence for Japanese peeps.
Hot baths and saunas do dilate and relax blood vessels and studies say that up to 60% of Japanese males and 45% of females suffer from hypertension. So I'd assume if they are stressed and have high blood pressure because of it and they finally relax in a bath their BP crashes and so they faint. Especially when they go from neutral buoyancy in water to sudden full gravity.

Dex-chan lover
l terrible for nagisa. he's liked girls, or specifically mao, ever since. I don't really know if he should feel disgusted for doing the deed using her, but he shouldn't feel disgusted on having feelings for a girl.

it's been shown on ch 8 but hasn't confirmed where he got those from.

Stop, I'm confused. Are we talking about the MC or another girl? There is so much text in the comments here that I, as a non-native speaker, am starting to get confused.

Hot baths and saunas do dilate and relax blood vessels and studies say that up to 60% of Japanese males and 45% of females suffer from hypertension. So I'd assume if they are stressed and have high blood pressure because of it and they finally relax in a bath their BP crashes and so they faint. Especially when they go from neutral buoyancy in water to sudden full gravity.
It all depends on age and frequency of use as well.

Everyone mind is a mess RN. Understandable :shamihuh:
The law of dramatic animanga. If at least one character in your title doesn't have any problems, then they are either a maniac or already broken inside the most.

Dex-chan lover
Stop, I'm confused. Are we talking about the MC or another girl? There is so much text in these comments...
nagisa is the boy senpai the MC likes who also had the sex change disorder but refused hormone therapy and turned from girl (original name was asuna) to boy (new name as nagisa).

mao is the girl senpai and friend of the MC, is the same year and is a childhood friend of nagisa (the senpai that MC likes).

after nagisa did the "deed", there was a flashback of his childhood with mao, and it seemed like he's always liked her in this flashback. reading the other comments, it MIGHT be a false memory due to gender dysphoria.

mao's panels were vague. I can only assume she does like the MC, not nagisa.

hopefully my last edit: is the premise sooo complicated that the comments are focusing on the hot bath make head dizzy cliche 🤣

Last edited:
Group Leader
This is still only headcanon. In general, in Japanese culture for many centuries there has been a stereotype that gay people are actually just in the wrong gender. Have you ever noticed how much Japanese gay content abuses quasi-heterosexual dynamics, even more so than the West in the past, associating homosexuality with transsexuality. So if she really was gay, I think the author would have instead portrayed becoming a man as something "problem solving".
Japanese culture also has had a long standing mentality of "the nail that sticks out gets hammered down." So even if they are accepting of transgenderism if it affects the homogeneous collective it'll get squashed. And I do think that the author has at least hinted that Nagisa is viewing his sex change as a good thing.

Stop, I'm confused. Are we talking about the MC or another girl? There is so much text in the comments here that I, as a non-native speaker, am starting to get confused.
Miho (FtM) - MC; Nagisa (FtM) - Senpai, Love interest; Mao - Miho's friend and Nagisa's childhood friend and crush

Dex-chan lover
@kiero13 @asherdales I see. Just because of a similar situation, it seemed to me that you were talking about Mino and this really surprised me, since I remembered that she liked a guy in their club. Then it turns out that Mino is still between “I like my Yuki-senpai” and “I’m a real man now”?

Japanese culture also has had a long standing mentality of "the nail that sticks out gets hammered down." So even if they are accepting of transgenderism if it affects the homogeneous collective it'll get squashed. And I do think that the author has at least hinted that Nagisa is viewing his sex change as a good thing.
Well, there's nothing strange about that. We all know about the “ex-gay” movement, 90% consisting of people who cannot accept their sexuality because of their views and lifestyle. But I also wonder what message the author will ultimately arrive at by either leaving Mino as a boy or returning her to her original gender. Because at this point the story seems too serious to avoid a "lol, I still want my vagina back after all" or a shallow open ending like in Ayakashi Triangle.

Dex-chan lover
Thank you for the update!

Monkey's Neuron Activation's Neuron Activation
This explains why many guys think that girls are also obsessed with sex for the sake of sex, even with each other if there are no guys around. But how then to explain the horny girls who draw even hotter ecchi than the guys? Hidden men's heart like in Princess Knight?

Dex-chan lover
That's a good doctor reiterating what has been gone over before and giving her time and options to process. I still don't like the mom for saying "no, just do what I say because you don't know any better discussion over" and then bouncing again to another country.

There was a whole argument in another chapter about this I think chapter 7. Some people were trying to argue stretch marks and hrt injections but I'm of the thought that it was bullying/abuse but I don't think it's the mom. I also think the abuse happened before the disorder onset which is why he's so adamant about being a guy and not understanding why Mino would want to transition back. Now that we got some backstory that he was interested in girls back when he was one I think he was abused because he was gay and/or dysphoric. Unsure by who yet because it hasn't really been revealed but I think there were hints that there was at least an instance of SA.

it's been shown on ch 8 7 but hasn't confirmed where he got those from.

I had forgotten about that part in chapter 7 (page 30). Thanks for reminding me about it.
I hope Nagisa gets the help he needs, because man... he has gone through so much shit :meguuusad:

Contributor
Time to watch WW3 unfold in the comment section...
Also, thanks for the translation! :thumbsup:

Group Leader
@kiero13 @asherdales I see. Just because of a similar situation, it seemed to me that you were talking about Mino and this really surprised me, since I remembered that she liked a guy in their club. Then it turns out that Mino is still between “I like my Yuki-senpai” and “I’m a real man now”?

Well, there's nothing strange about that. We all know about the “ex-gay” movement, 90% consisting of people who cannot accept their sexuality because of their views and lifestyle. But I also wonder what message the author will ultimately arrive at by either leaving Mino as a boy or returning her to her original gender. Because at this point the story seems too serious to avoid a "lol, I still want my vagina back after all" or a shallow open ending like in Ayakashi Triangle.
I think this author has a pretty good grasp on telling gender stories because their other work got pretty deep in the weeds about about it. Went for more realism with an unrealistic catalyst. Unfortunately because it was so heavy it was canceled and I guess they redid it with this one and made it more light hearted.

BCS

Dex-chan lover
No one is going to talk about the senpai's scars in page 11?
They were already shown in one of the previous chapters. Also they turn heat of the shower up to 11, so it's likely self-inflicted because remember, sex drive is evil, and men have a sex drive, therefore men are evil, or whatever dumb-ass point is this manga trying to make

Dex-chan lover
I think this author has a pretty good grasp on telling gender stories because their other work got pretty deep in the weeds about about it. Went for more realism with an unrealistic catalyst. Unfortunately because it was so heavy it was canceled and I guess they redid it with this one and made it more light hearted.
Do you think the fantasy element here is meant to make the story less disturbingly realistic?

Dex-chan lover
Despite all the comments being "grab some popcorn" I don't think this chapter is that controversial. It's just kinda rough and sad to see that she has to go through all that. These people, as well as people in real life are clearly not happy or at peace with their bodies. It's just sad to see.
That part alone I hope everyone can understand, the controversial part is if they should just "suck it up" or find a way to treat it.

Users who are viewing this thread