Welcome to the Outcast's Restaurant! - Ch. 38 - Palace Chef V

Dex-chan lover
Okay, Dennis. You know is also adult-like to accept external help, right? Specially if it's VOLUNTARY help. You're not in a situation to be picky in your options.
And making her to yield calling her "mother" was a low blow. When he learns she left the cooking guild, I hope he's remorseful about what he's done, at least.

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for translating!

Okay, so all of this madness (literally it seems, as she is cackling about ruling over all by being a chef) stems from her having a major inferiority complex? She'd better get a proper punishment when this arc wraps... Again, not just for her general douchebaggery, but she seems to think she can make puppets of the royal family and rule because she is palace chef...

Also major props to Mom, she continues to be cool.

And lastly, Katie... Just... Wow. If she was somehow dense enough to not get that her employer is a villain, then her stating aloud her intention to usurp power from the royal family... Come on now! She better not come out of this acting like it was the good old days and nothing happened.

I doubt she will die or see prison time, but her guild and career should be over, and she should be completely devastated by her own guilt and shame if nothing else.
I know it sounds insane but, the setting in this manga is palace chef equal to the king's right handed man or king's advisor. Anyone who hold this position is the one most trusted by the king. That also means they capable to influence the decision of the king for their own personal gain.

Dex-chan lover
I know it sounds insane but, the setting in this manga is palace chef equal to the king's right handed man or king's advisor. Anyone who hold this position is the one most trusted by the king. That also means they capable to influence the decision of the king for their own personal gain.
Ah, I forgot that... But then, you'd think they would have a better vetting system!

"He's a known bigot and cannibal!"
"Yes, but he is also the best chef in the kingdom, so the position is his."
"His apron says, 'out children are our future meals'!"
"Yes, all is lost."

My bad humor aside, this arc needs to wrap up soon. I miss our fun cast doing stuff, and the villain is getting annoying because she is winning due to idiocy.

Dex-chan lover
Mama Jean about to go fierce mama bear modo huh, this gonna be interesting heh :aquadrink:

Mama mad that her cute son figure is in a sorry state due to bitch minister and co, even Katie ain't even exempt of it either

Jean's expression on last page 20, mama is seemingly willing to do whatever to get her baby boy free

:aquadrink: more Jean Blacks please, best mama

Dex-chan lover
I know in this type of manga nobody ever faces consequences, but it would be really funny if her beloved son tries cooking and gets it immediately spit out as trash and sentenced to death for attempted poisining then she gets taken down with them.

Dex-chan lover
this is the first time he mentioned that she is his mother right. . . please tell me that it's not just me who are surprised
She's not his biological mother, she's his adoptive mother. She took him in after finding him on the streets and fed him (fried rice, just like he initially fed Atorie), then gave him a home and taught him to be a chef. We knew all that already, but it's the first time he's actually called her mother. There's a big parallel between him and and Jean and Atorie and him, since Atorie's clearly his daughter at this point.

And lastly, Katie... Just... Wow. If she was somehow dense enough to not get that her employer is a villain, then her stating aloud her intention to usurp power from the royal family... Come on now! She better not come out of this acting like it was the good old days and nothing happened.

I doubt she will die or see prison time, but her guild and career should be over, and she should be completely devastated by her own guilt and shame if nothing else.
Katie's clearly decided she'd rather have power than morals, so it's not surprising she's continuing to do as she's told. I'd say fuck her, but who wants to fuck a traitorous bitch?

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
huh-cat.gif

Dex-chan lover
Get ready bois, this is one of those mangas where the mc forgives everything bcuz why not right? Bet the moment this arc is over him and that knight chick will go back to being best buds ignoring the fact she was an absolute bitch whore the whole arc. cant wait

Double-page supporter
Welcome to the world of politics where just doing one thing even if it's right will give the opposite side legal reason to carry on with their stupid plans. This whole situation is because of the factions of the kingdom and even Deny's said that war would happen if he got Black involved so although he could've used her help he didn't want to cause the person who is his mom and the kingdom more trouble when there are others ways. I understand it sucks but yep politics be stupid as shit lmao.

Dex-chan lover
I'm just reminded of this scene in Monty Python and The Holy Grail

Group Leader
I would like to see her use an argument like "since I'm not a part of the chef's guild anymore I will noe help my son as a mother rather than as a member of the chef's guild"

or something like that
that was what I was thinking she was doing, especially with the smile on the last page

Dex-chan lover
She accepted his request to stand down as the guildmaster, but her expression on the last page tells me that by the time she's done they'll wish they had an army of demon kings to deal with instead.

Users who are viewing this thread