Yojouhan Isekai Kouryuuki - Vol. 1 Ch. 4 - Virgins and three others finish negotiations

Dex-chan lover
The technological level of the fantasy world is on par with the earth?
holy shit this is the best Isekai ever.

Aggregator gang
I was sorta lukewarm about the story up till now, but this chapter has sold me. I'm blown away.

Aggregator gang
When did our MC lose his virginity? I thought he was a virgin and the cat girl arc made fun of that.

Dex-chan lover
@GerryCerryBery He didn't? I didn't see anything that suggests otherwise. Were you talking about what he says after the massage, 'cause that just seems like he's saying the massage was so good it might have been even better than sex normally would have been. Still something you can say without knowing for sure one way or the other after all, it's just a hypothetical. A maybe.

Aggregator gang
@Glomoro

p.10 bottom left panel. I got the impression, that the father was talking about all three of them shown in the picture and since the two new guys are the only confirmed virgins, I thought MC lost his v card. After reading it a second time, I think I my first assumption was totally wrong. Not even ambiguous considering the context.

So... We went from Elves waging long lasting wars with magic and swords, to a modern military with ranks and uniforms similar to our own?... ',:l

Dex-chan lover
@Rennis_Tora It was stated that the Elven war ended a century ago; in that same time frame, humanity's gone from just realizing that cavalry was not the force it once was to UAVs, ICBMs, nuclear weapons, fighter jets, and have even begun sorta experimenting with powered exoskeletons. And all without magic. Throw magic into the mix and it's little surprise that they could easily go toe-to-toe with our greatest militaries.

@Vincentius Oh I don't doubt that, I just meant that despite being in another world with very different histories and backgrounds, that they have similar ranks and similar looking uniforms to us.

Dex-chan lover
@Rennis_Tora That's actually the most believable aspect. The more advanced warfare becomes, the greater the trend towards utilitarian uniforms that have little differentiation between ranks; "the fancy hat policy" is a way I've seen it referred. Basically, in previous ages, officers and the like had more elaborate uniforms, making them easily recognizable. This is good for your own troops, since it lets them easily find their superiors in an emergency, but it's also good for your enemy's troops, since it allows them to single out officers and destroy the chain of command during battle. This is less of an issue when your officers are surrounded by a platoon of soldiers and your enemies can't be incredibly accurate over longer distances with a bow or even crossbow, because of the drop off. Once you introduce rifles to the battlefield, though, where you can accurately snipe a single target from 2-300 yards away, you can begin to see why having your officers immediately recognizable as officers isn't the best idea. By contrast, the simplicity of modern uniforms, where rank is really only visible on the collar or perhaps the shoulders, gives them quite a bit of protection against being singled out.

Hyaaaaaaaaaaaa..a....a.a..a.a.a.!? My eyessssss....my heartttt....crumble in one blink (=_ = . The fuck shit man, did I see hell for a moment

Dex-chan lover
I'd say military rank only gives them more appeal.
...Is it just me, or the only thing off with orc face is the mouth?

Users who are viewing this thread