Yondome wa Iya na Shizokusei Majutsushi

@Solipsist
What turned me off was the fact that after insisting five hundred and a half times about the "bad luck/karma" that you are mentioning, past some point (vol 6 in the LN) everything that happens to the MC is a lucky coincidence. Visiting a village for the first time? Someone just injured themselves and you can help them. Just arrived at the adventurer's guild? Lucky you there it is, the exact person you wanted to meet. Etc. And it get's even more retarded over time after they explain what the hell is going on with the reincarnation cycles and the gods.
Also, past some point the magic doesn't make any sense, many times there are loopholes that never get properly explained (why is a vampire at some point considered an insect for it to be affected by a skill restricted only to affect insects? We will never know).
Also, some characters that could be interesting and actually develop (I'm talking about you, Belmond, and you, Legion) get dumbed down to oblivion to join the cohort of just people who follow Vandar (which is, in case you were to ask, the proper way to write his name).
Still, I'll try to finish it, just because there are some tiny bits of plot that I really want solved, and I really want to see how they are solved.

Dex-chan lover
@littleoni
That's quite the rant. And it makes me feel tingly inside knowing I lost nothing by dumping it after a few chapters.
Revenge stories can be such a fucking mess if they aren't handled properly, and it's quite appropriate for teenagers to try to write them.

@Solipsist
Yeah, quite the whine too. I was really dissapointed with this. I expected too much I guess. It had such a good start, even more so in the novel than in the manga. And certain characters and interactions showed such promise early on. How the story develops in multiple worlds at once, and they affect each other, how the characters change when they cross from one to another, etc. But yeah, at some point the author just decided he was above actually switching his brain on for a couple of seconds and ruined everything.

Aggregator gang
@Bling
The revenge part is important, it creates a misunderstanding between him and the other reincarnated. Though, IMO, the author wanted to start a revenge isekai (all the ingredients are here: bad luck MC, shunned by the world, heretic, use dark magic and the first heroine is part of the bullied ones) but rapidly changed into this tone.

@littleoni and @Solipsist My main thing which made me continue is that the MC is half-insane and it's wanted. He often makes choice irrational but not absurd. Some authors try to create insane MC but it turns into whimsical or sadistic.
But I agree: too much characters. Though, none are forgotten, everyone reappear from times to times.
About the bad luck: I just consider that it only applied to Origin. Also, it's not "bad luck", just "no good luck" (Also, he deson't find that often things he didn't know of. He generally looks for something, not fall upon it). For the skill, I disagree, it's pretty much logical, he gain skill level in skills used and the job skills. I don't remember case where he gains skills levels out of nowhere.
But I also find that the novel lacks something, even if I can't find what exactly.

@Ovnidemon
Vols 9-10 of the LN if I'm not wrong, there is a skill that only affects insects that's used all the time (I won't tell which it is or who uses it since it would be spoiler). At some point it arbitrarily affects a vampire without an explanation. This is also applied to the "Death Charm", for example, as it randomply affects things unrelated to the dead or death at all (like, you know, bees). Also, some skills Vandar gets are versions of already existing skills, but they behave differently from their "normal" counterparts, having properties they shouldn't have since no other skill in that family has them.
I don't have a problem with the erraticity of Vandar's behaviour. It makes things intresting and it's pretty much justified most of the time. He represents grey morality: he is as selfish as one could be while still doing as much as possible to help anyone else, while being ruthless to anyone in his way. Except when he literally takes a precognitive choice (again, related to skills. At some point he has to chose between a couple of them and picks one that doesn't seem to make sense, but it's exactly what he needs to defeat an enemy he doesn't even know he will be facing, and whose abilities he doesn't know at that point).
And about he luck, fate and karma; it's actually stated that the lack of the three is carried over from Origin to Lambda, so he should have none of them. And that actually holds true for about half the narrative: the author makes an intentional effort of avoiding using "coincidences", be they good or bad ones, to move the story: everything is done by a character that has prior knowledge of most affecting things. In Vol6 Vandar gets delayed arbitrarily from his journey (this could be intentional by the characters causing the delay, but there is no way for them to know what's about to happen). And due to this delay, he just happens to meet just the right people at just the right time. Again, at that point neither he, nor anyone causing those delays has a way to track the people he wants to meet, neither they have a way to predict where they will be when he arrives. So it's a lucky coincidence, which should not happen.

Aggregator gang
@littleoni Yeah, it's possible, I have a hole in my read chapter. About the magic affecting what shouldn't: yes, I also saw that (forgot to say it in my last post).

@larcek
I was pretty much expecting someone to show with the "spoiler" thing. But yeah, I got it covered: There are not spoilers in anything I said. It was all phrased in a way so it only adresses the narrative, the style of writting, and the decision making ability of the author. There are no cues at all to relate anything I said to the plot.

Group Leader
Another narrative like Maken no Daydreamer where the end result is probably MC fucking his mom.

So this is what we're going to after magical girl lolis and raccoon loli.

This is good.

@JustNatsuki
While the main point keeps being the mother for pretty much the whole story,
It shifts to a secondary, supportive role later on. The story revolves about the rebuilding of a lost civilization and the impact of "different worlds" on one another. What I mean is: no, there are much better romantic intrests than the mother, and the story is never actually focused on that.

Im glad that this was picked up again, i think its been dropped by like 5 people now.

@AbyssalMonkey
nope its not as you said
he killed all of the people who killed his mom except the hero heinz because he is too op to be killed
and then he start to doubt if killing him is right since heinz became a good person who help non humans creature
and van objectif start to shift to be both demon king and a hero
the reason why is life is a little bit easy in this world is because vida the goddess of love and life since he is her previous hero (three to be exact) she wanted to help him so she made him a a non human baby since she can't change his fate if he wan't one of her children
its true he forgave his classmate because he knew if they realized he was their friend they wouldn't kill him he accepted that he no longer hiroto but van a dhampir he work to revive vida and kill rodcorte and aida (gods )
my personal favorite arc is defeating one of the noble vampire who were so foolish to make an army of undeads only to be used by van and if it weren't for his stupid action he would be able to kill van easily
and the titans arc is good too i liked their backstory betrayed by humans and left to root away into despair even the titan princess who run away was killed by her allies and then they stole her stuff and frame her as a criminal and all the solider daughters and wives and sons were turned into slaves and the younger princess was turned into an undead by the noble vampire

@me474
How far are you in reading it?
Van has never forgiven or doubted his goal of killing Heinz. He doesn't care if he turns over a new leaf and starts helping Vida's races because in Van's opinion if he changes his mind once, then he can end up changing his mind again. And even if he has changed, it doesn't erase his past crime. Van has every intention of killing him and even got very close in doing so and would have if not for a divine intervention that prevented it.

Fed-Kun's army
Can someone explain to me mc curse effect
1. can't bring exp from previous world, that mean he start from bottom lv.1
2. can't gain exp, that mean he won't get exp if he kill target by himself
3. can't learn class skill, what does this one mean?

@Solemmaru He cant change into a class that has already been discovered.
If he unlock's class that no one has ever found before then he's free to change into that class

Users who are viewing this thread