Yowaki MAX Reijou nanoni, Ratsuwan Konyakusha-sama no Kake ni Notte Shimatta - Vol. 4 Ch. 18 - Caroline and Rainbow-colored Magic Sweet

Dex-chan lover
4h347j.jpg

Dex-chan lover
I'm gonna go with no. I may me misremembering but I believe they mentioned a few chapters ago that the king knows what's going on and all the research that they were doing on the cookies with the rats was being passed on to him. So no way he has any authority especially over something like that
I wonder what the logic the author will set for allowing the King's son to continue to ingest harmful substances. Even if the officials are not completely sure it's harmful, it's still safer to err on the side of caution and stop him from taking more.

Yeah, no shot. He doesn't have the authority to banish him. He's only the Crown Prince, he's yet to ascend the throne. At this point, the idiot Crown Prince is just literally embarrassing the Royal Family by doing this.

Group Leader
I wonder what the logic the author will set for allowing the King's son to continue to ingest harmful substances. Even if the officials are not completely sure it's harmful, it's still safer to err on the side of caution and stop him from taking more.
There are any number of reasons.

the king may want to find a way to weaponize her brain control

the king may want to remove the crown prince from succession and give the throne to his brother

the king may have wanted better proof of her crimes to arrest her (limited rat testing isn’t much) and show everyone how dangerous she is since he has no idea how far her reach spreads.

he just might not have believed Rufus. Or maybe he just wanted Rufus to take the throne

Dex-chan lover
I believe it's been proven that a complete and sudden withdrawal will result in extreme aggression from the subject. Not saying the king's decision (letting his son keep ingesting the cookies) is a good one, but it's possibly based on that fact at least

Dex-chan lover
Does he even have that authority?
Survey says.... NO.
Considering how Pia's skill set is considered a national security level secret and how well liked she is in general, and the fact that Caroline just PUBLICLY made a comment about "capturing" the targets, Phil is likely looking at a reaming even if they fully detox him from the potion. And the fact that the King is aware of what's going on as well just means that he could contravene any orders his son gives... especially if it would mean losing a Marquis and all who back them.
Rufus himself has probably already made moves just in case of this very scenario since he's stupidly fucking paranoid about anything related to the "prophecy".

If I had to guess, Phil and Caroline may be taking a quick detour into the dungeons for a bit... and Caroline's father may be looking at a headsman's axe sooner rather than later.

lol, someone posted spoilers and it seems I'm damn near on the mark. Enjoy the honeymoon lol

Edited: I screwed up Rufus's family's noble rank. I had them as a Dukedom instead of a Marquis.

Last edited:
Fed-Kun's army
The 'capture targets' are one thing considering how they've been drugged/enchanted/mind controlled, but you have to wonder about the rest of the nobles and guards in the hall not responding other than "shocked gasp!" and such. She's been shouting across the hall about how she's "captured" them and so on.

I suppose there is a degree of "it's the prince, I'm not going to stick my neck out just in case" but it's a serious bystander problem there.

Dex-chan lover
for people wondering about the f-ing audacity
he gladly takes this 'banishment', as a honeymoon with his maiden. in response, the kingdom appeals by serving punishment to the gaggle of lovestruck idiots. this is because of the substantial contributions both individuals made, and it's revealed that all of the innovations attributed to her family, are actually her own findings.

Dex-chan lover
There are any number of reasons.

the king may want to find a way to weaponize her brain control

the king may want to remove the crown prince from succession and give the throne to his brother

the king may have wanted better proof of her crimes to arrest her (limited rat testing isn’t much) and show everyone how dangerous she is since he has no idea how far her reach spreads.

he just might not have believed Rufus. Or maybe he just wanted Rufus to take the throne
But Rufus is the Prime Minister's son, right? How would he take the throne? Another sibling prince that's available is my bet atm.

Anyway, letting your son aka Crown Prince test the efficacy of a biochemical weapon is some shit. I wonder how much of a brat he had to be before the brainwashing took effect for his dad to be like "if he dies, he dies".

Dex-chan lover
Haaa... I can see review tanking from this chapter, like even if the next chapter is good, the damage before the next upload has already been done
Yeah, I was kind of worried how this was going to be played out already, and it kinda fell flat/weird like I expected. Oh well.

It comes across as incredibly dumb that she would go ahead with concrete villainess accusations that can be so easily dismissed (like "December 20th") rather than playing the emotion angle, when she apparently didn't even create misunderstanding situations. Like, it's not even a "oh, I made it looked like she tripped me" kind of deal as it usually is in these manga, it's "I'll claim she tripped me on a specific day where I have absolutely no idea where she is and it turns out she's not even at school". C'mon, use your brain a bit.

Also, damn she enters breakdown mode faster than a Phoenix Wright villain.

Dex-chan lover
Well that was a satisfying chapter. Rufus won the bet and immediately capitalised on it. He's been waiting years for this moment.

Wasn't expecting the "heroine" though to go on a full rant. She's done this before a bit, talked about the world as a game and ignoring the people around her, but she completely lost it here since things didn't go as she wanted. And she doesn't even seem to realise just how badly all of that sounds, since she's so delusional. She's been so focused on the targets she probably assumed the world would naturally follow the script since she had them in the palm of her hand.

As a minor thing, seems Eris and her fiance might have a chance to repair their relationship. First step though is still getting him unbrainwashed, then seeing if Eris would even give him a second chance. Considering though this chapter said her breakup could be a surface thing, it seems she might be giving him a chance to prove himself at any rate.

Users who are viewing this thread