Yuusha Party o Oida Sareta Kiyou Binbou - Ch. 8.4

Dex-chan lover
It's been 70 years since last translated chapter so I wouldn't dare complain about quality. Thanks for translating.

I tried to check out the scanlator's ad-infested dumpster--excuse me, website to see if they improve in later chapters, and wow they actually get worse. Poor Luna's name changes like four times in one chapter before suddenly becoming "Moon", while "Silver Rabbit of the Night Sky" turns into a new form of gibberish every time they're mentioned, at one point being mistranslated as "Orn is hunting rabbits in the labyrinth".

I get that you're dreaming of all that ad revenue you'll get by luring people onto your website with chapters you haven't posted here, but try making at least one page of your "translation" not sound like utter gibberish first.

( Seventeen adblock alerts from a single page? Really? )
This is their discord, I would highly suggest you forward your rightful criticism there and let them know ASAP. This shit needs to stop before they murder other titles https://discord.gg/362qjeHHzG

Dex-chan lover
Goddamn, that's a very rough translation. Even the scan quality/resolution is very subpar.

I rather see no translation than accepting such subpar work, and according to some comments, it's not the scanlator's first rodeo, so it's a very old problem then...

Get a new translator please. Or at least "force" your english speaking staff to read your translation. If they can read the whole 4 chapter in under 10mins without feeling nausea, you can release the chapter
That’s the kicker they have no fluently speaking eng staff. They just machine translate this all. I would forward the complaints to their discord https://discord.gg/362qjeHHzG

Goddamn, that's a very rough translation. Even the scan quality/resolution is very subpar.

I rather see no translation than accepting such subpar work, and according to some comments, it's not the scanlator's first rodeo, so it's a very old problem then...
Here’s their discord, I totally agree btw because they’re murdering series after series they touch https://discord.gg/362qjeHHzG

Dex-chan lover
sadly no idea what's going on. new girl's inferior to the op mc as usual, but anything else no clue.

Group Leader
People understand that we are doing our best to recruit people, for better translations this takes time, the scan is only 2 weeks old. Everyone who wants to join in the discord please we need people.

Dex-chan lover
Let's not forget that they constantly switch up he/she vs I (sometimes even midway a text!), texts in the wrong balloons every now and then, they translate the way certain magic works in real strange ways... Yeah, better no translation than this.
Pronouns in japanese are often gender-neutral (which allows for frequent ambiguity as to characters' gender) when they are not outright missing. This makes many sentences very context-dependent, which MTL handles very poorly. (Some pronouns are based on the subject's proximity, making visual context even more important.)

So MTL without proof-reading, like this one, is basically very tough to read on this issue alone. Let alone all the other problems such as inconsistent translation of proper nouns and words with multiple meanings. And obviously, no hope for translator's notes explaining nuances, tl choices or context.

Dex-chan lover
sadly no idea what's going on. new girl's inferior to the op mc as usual, but anything else no clue.
The MC is strong but not OP. At least he hasn't been shown as such.
He's got very balanced skills and some original magic, but his raw strength and magic are on the average side.
His overall strength is in the way he combines skills from multiple roles instead of specializing in a single aspect.

The only aspect that does seem above average is his tactical skills: observation, preparation and decision-making. Which the "hero" obviously ignored in favor of specialized practical skills.
This is a frequent mistake in this kind of story template.

The MC is strong but not OP. At least he hasn't been shown as such.
He's got very balanced skills and some original magic, but his raw strength and magic are on the average side.
His overall strength is in the way he combines skills from multiple roles instead of specializing in a single aspect.

The only aspect that does seem above average is his tactical skills: observation, preparation and decision-making. Which the "hero" obviously ignored in favor of specialized practical skills.
This is a frequent mistake in this kind of story template.
In the next chapters, rough due to MTL but apparently he manages to buff longer despite the hero party having higher magic resistance, and his buff boost is stronger due to the custom magic he developed.

Double-page supporter
We are recruiting Japanese to English and Spanish to English translators, pay $3.00 per chapter. https://discord.gg/362qjeHHzG
Are you actually serious right now? An average cost of a professional translation is 15 cents per word, what you're offering is basically sweatshop rates so that you can then profiteer off them by uploading stuff to your ad-infested dumpster of a website.

Not only that, but this translation can't even be used in a portfolio because that would involve admitting that you're doing gray market translation work.

It's like you're actively looking for brand new ways to make this already horrible translation even worse.

Dex-chan lover
In the next chapters, rough due to MTL but apparently he manages to buff longer despite the hero party having higher magic resistance, and his buff boost is stronger due to the custom magic he developed.
As it appeared in previous chapters, he doesn't seem to have long-lasting buffs, but a good sense of time and quick casting which he uses to refresh the duration of his buffs right before they expire, giving the feeling of a consistent long-lasting buff. If it turns out that he can actually cast hours-long buffs, it will ruin the setup that has been established previously. And, in my opinion, lower the character's real value.

He's also able to debuff opponents, which is apparently a rare skill here. Combining buff and debuff would give the illusion of a strong buff while he's actually combine two average effects for a combined stronger impact on the battle than he would get by buffs alone.

If we ignore all this setup and suddenly give him OP spells, I'm going to be disappointed. I'm more a fan of smart MCs who get better results from lower or overlooked skills than those with just overpowered stats. And given the time taken to establish this "smart" profile, switching to "OP" profile would be a bit rude to readers like me.:cautious:

Me? Trolling? No way! I merely speak the truth to power for those who can't. The only "cap" around here is the one I will bust in your ass if you DARE insult Rightdark Scans (PBUH)
Look troll all you want but let's not pretend you wouldn't get bent into a pretzel if you picked a fight.

Dex-chan lover
I mean I hope they are translating this because they want to bring this manga to us english readers but from what I have heard about their website just being an ad infested mess and the translations just getting worse I think I'm going to drop this one unless someone else picks it up and actually bothers to have someone proof read at least a little bit

Someone has to ban rightdark. His continuous garbage MTL with no proof reading, on top of advertising his adware website is getting out of hand. No one
picks these series up because he continuously pushes them away.

Last edited:
Dogshit assfart translation. Some words weren't even translated at all. What an unpleasant reminder that you're way better off just putting on the man pants and learn moon instead

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread