Ogami Tsumiki to Kinichijou. - Ch. 18 - Tsumiki-san and Brush

Dex-chan lover
I don't know why, but despite reading the chapter name, when Tsumiki went up to the medusa and asked her to "do the thing", for a split second my brain thought the brush was a harmonica instead, and that Tsumiki was asking her to play the harmonica with one of her snake heads. Now I wanna see that.

Dex-chan lover
It's so easy to make friends, and it's so easy to lost them, because of a lack of communication...
It's nice to see a chapter tackling that subject.

I like how this manga take the usual tropes of romcom and adapt them to half beast character: the fur on his shirt instead of the usual lipstick mark is a good idea.

Dude is first in a race everybody wants to win, and he don't even realise he is part of the race at all. No wonder they're all so jealous. :smugnako:

Dex-chan lover
Why is her tail so long? o_O
  • Adult wolves measure 105–160 cm (41–63 in) in length and 80–85 cm (31–33 in) at shoulder height. The tail measures 29–50 cm (11–20 in) in length.
Let's say there is a direct relationship between shoulder height and tail length. Using a shoulder height of 82.5 cm, a tail length of 39.5 cm and let's say Tsumiki's shoulder height is 140 cm. This would give us that her tail would be approximately 67.03 cm long.

It seems to me that it's a good approximation since her tail attached to her leg goes past her knee height. My shoulder height is 158 cm and a 67.03 cm tail would go past my knee.

jqtQw4t.png

So what's more intimate for a werewolf, ears or tail?
Tail, I think. She has to turn her back to him for it to be brushed, requiring more trust. For my experience, a lot of dogs don't like their tails being held/played with too much, but they'll let you scratch their ears for a while (as long as nothing grabs their attention). Considered both of these factors, that means Tsumiki probably is using to having her ears brushed, but not the tail. For her to give him access to it, in addition to sitting in a defenseless position (where she wouldn't be able to retaliate against an aggressor very easily), I'd say this is a way bigger expression of trust than letting someone touch her ears. In human terms: would you prefer to have your ears touched, or your tailbone touched? I think the answer becomes obvious that way.

Dex-chan lover
It's so easy to make friends, and it's so easy to lost them, because of a lack of communication...
It's nice to see a chapter tackling that subject.
I agree with your sentiment but that is not at all what happened here. But it would've been an interesting subject to tackle if it happened organically, true.
DISCLAIMER: I love how the manga has been the past ~10 chapters. Really sweet and enjoyable. This chapter just was poorly done and completely forced.

Chapter 16 and 17 had them HEAVILY bonding and talking a whole lot, even trivial stuff like scores or studying together or important stuff like at the sportsfest. It was clearly shown that she now seeks him out, too and that he gained more of a backbone and initiated with her.

Now, randomly, neither of them talk to each other for multiple weeks.. huh? That is 10 chapters skipped !IN 3 PANELS! and both MCs regressing to pre chapter 16+17. Don't get me wrong, it was solved instantly and I like how it ended up!! But it feels 100% out of character (as just shortly before established at that time), out of place and forced. Almost like chapter 3.. Just a minor hiccup, tho.

Again, just saying that the message was interesting but the execution was terrible, sadly.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread