Akuyaku Kizoku to shite Hitsuyou na Sore - Vol. 1 Ch. 2 - Chris and Lady

Dex-chan lover
Oh no, slave trope, future slave dog girl lover/harem member trope. This really is running the gauntlet for my most hated tropes.

Group Leader
GILF Maid Cafe. Let's go.
GIBE GILF MAIDS PLS
Grandma, what did you do with all the money from Grandpa's Life  Insurance??? - iFunny Brazil

Slavery? Seriously why does every isekai do this? Way to make the mc instantly unlikable.
Hopefully his justification is how others will frame it as "he's a slave owner -> he is evil" which will make him stronger, but undercover he'll actively try to stop the slave trade or something? But I'm not keeping my hopes up

Dex-chan lover
why does every isekai do this?
I think even the authors are getting annoyed that they have to go through these staple story beats. You can tell that some of them try to get this stuff out of they way asap to get on with the actual story and then never mention it again. Maybe the publishers or even readers absolutely require them to do this in every story or something?

Contributor
@Ezlsnow
You put more effort into this than resetscans and it is even correcter than their hunch punch of errors so I would appreaciate it, if you continued. :salute:

ps. Nice profil pic~ Ame Ame Ame~~ ☔🎵

Contributor
...her first name is really "Lady"? Tell me it ain't so.

I'd roll my eyes and make a comment about the casual slavery, but didn't Absolute already declare he's evil and striving to be a powerful villain? He rejected the "befriend the protagonist" approach and went with "I'll be evil, but stronger". Okay, fine. This is really only egregious in stories where the "nice guy" protagonist presents himself as a good guy but insists on keeping slaves without even the hope or promise of emancipation. Absolute isn't pretending to be a good guy with what little I've seen.

Dex-chan lover
Hoh man I DID say I wasn't gonna read further than the first chapter but curiosity compels me, and fuck does it get worse. Slave trope in chapter 2, like cmon man this isn't even the correct trend of isekai for you to be doing this

Group Leader
The ChatGPT TL still went through various stuff like:
  • Adding context to sentences you'd like translated (like who is speaking and being spoken to) since jp language tend to be vague and reliant on context
  • Regenerating responses for better wording
  • Manual rephrasing (if above doesn't work)
  • Google for proverbs and research. The part where Lady says "need to lay groundwork for future issues" actually literally mean "fill in the moat". I get the meaning but I'm not sure if it's a known saying (search results show slang that means peeing somewhere). Just tell me if you want the TL changed.
Anyway, thanks for reading. I only did this because there's a missing chapter and wrong names.
I do MTL drafts before sending them to a JTL for corrections. in my experience, ChatGPT+Gemini+DeepL gets like a 85-95% accuracy, just with some wording issues usually. If you spend time and effort with MTLs you can get a readable product. It's crazy that technology has gotten to the point where MTL's aren't just gibberish. I know another group called MTL shark that also uses this MTL method and they get very readable products.

Aggregator gang
I know, take in all the cute slaves, so when the hero comes to fight you he will be to distracted with headpatting them.

Then you and all the slaves stab him together!!!

Users who are viewing this thread