Daredemo Dakeru Kimi ga Suki - Ch. 34 - (New) Did You Quit?

Dex-chan lover
Once again, I am here to remind people that editors that stop authors on their tracks are not your enemy - they usually know what they're doing and are there to stop the authors from ruining their own work.
Here is yet another example of editors needed. No author is free from their own stupidity and a third is required for feedback, editors are usually pros at this - there are ofc exceptions of editors being awful.

Dex-chan lover
i dont like gotou's new personality. he seems dumb.
He was always super awkward in a dumb way, but he was making progress in the old version.
Now it feels like the author doubled down on that dumb awkward perv.
It has its own tone that's consistent - since the threesome changed, it makes sense that the events that made MC grow never happened - but I'm not sure what the author wants this story to do now.

@Chekov Is this a translator's note?

Qlg87gf.png

If it is a translator's note, I recommend that you mark it with a "TLN:".

Dex-chan lover
So, guys, who wants to bet this girl is the one we saw in chapter 08 of the manga checking the message from Agawa?

mzfOgtl.png

AOooupI.png

I know the panel is small, but I'm basing this on the lighting of her hair and that strand of hair to the side.

I bet the author was going to add her as another "sex-crazed girl" who would appear early as Agawa's competition , but because the editor directed the story toward a more "wholesome" direction, the message group subplot went nowhere.

So now, as the author is trying to move the story where he originally wanted it to be, he's hamfisting her into the story as this "childhood friend" role. (Or maybe she was always going to be a CHF, but was meant to appear much earlier.)

Of course, all this is just pure speculation, because the girl reading the group chat could also be Agawa's sister.

Last edited:
Group Leader
The fact Gotou still hasn't been socked in the face by Agawa's friend for betraying her and that Agawa just didn't react negatively to her trauma being reinforced really makes this development awful.

Not to mention it still ended up going down the "fixing her" route, since she's already turning down sex. Except now it's just kinda not very impactful.

All this for the most mid threesome too.

Agawa is such a worse character this way. Guess we're just having romcom shenanigans with the new girl from now, always knowing we could have had much better.

Oh it's on the raws themseleves. It's not a translator note AT ALL.
Are you sure? When the new chapter 32 came out, there was a discussion on reddit caused by the translator's notes not being marked in the new chapter 31.

Raw page of the new chapter 31:

pPJXZFx.png

Translated page of the new chapter 31:

nT6cNQh.png

Group Leader
Are you sure? When the new chapter 32 came out, there was a discussion on reddit caused by the translator's notes not being marked in the new chapter 31.
Not OP but yes this does have that note on the side on the last page
Though it is mistranslated. In fact these chapters have always had many mistranslations.
Like here too, the guy is saying "We're not doing that" (in regards to playing games) not "don't" (which sounds like an order)
As for the note, it also says lewd atmospheres suit Agawa, not that Agawa is lewd.

nksrf0e.png

The fact Gotou still hasn't been socked in the face by Agawa's friend for betraying her and that Agawa just didn't react negatively to her trauma being reinforced really makes this development awful.

Not to mention it still ended up going down the "fixing her" route, since she's already turning down sex. Except now it's just kinda not very impactful.

All this for the most mid threesome too.

Agawa is such a worse character this way. Guess we're just having romcom shenanigans with the new girl from now, always knowing we could have had much better.
Yeah, so far we don't have the sequence of the conversation that Nanamori had with Gotou in chapter 24. Man... All this because of a lame 3p :aquadrink:

Users who are viewing this thread