Tensei Shite High Elf ni Narimashitaga, Slow Life wa 120-nen de Akimashita - Vol. 5 Ch. 21

Dex-chan lover
There are very few manga that capture the passage of time for people like elves well -- and this is one of the greats, along with of course Frieren (if you liked this and haven't read that, drop everything and go read)

Fed-Kun's army
The passage of time in this manga gives me such whiplash. You can say x number of years passed by but it just hits different when characters you see one or a few chapters before just so changed.

When it happened a first couple of times - I thought it was sad, but if author managed to explore this loss and grief, it would be unusual and interesting. But it doesn't look like he intends to look into it any deeper than usual "Everybody dies".
Aesir f*cks off wherever and whenever and then just visits their graves later. Maybe it will finally come crushing down on him when Wynn enevitably dies of old age too, but I wouldn't hold a candle to this.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Just a series of continuous gut punches while we cry...

I hope those two were happy together regardless of their time seeming so short.
their feelings for each other is somewhat complicated, well because they kinda drove out Irena, and the affairs involving Kaeha. Happiness with regret and a bit of betrayal.

Frieren learned her lessons better then him. She now knows that you should make the time you have count. He seems to be satisfied with spending only a very limited amount of time with people while he has the time. Somehow it feels like the emotional impact is also quite smaller if only spend time with each on acquaintance level. But probably also fault of the medium.

Dex-chan lover
Frieren learned her lessons better then him. She now knows that you should make the time you have count. He seems to be satisfied with spending only a very limited amount of time with people while he has the time. Somehow it feels like the emotional impact is also quite smaller if only spend time with each on acquaintance level. But probably also fault of the medium.
Frieren has been at this game a tad longer than Aesir to begin with.
Aesir is just starting on the journey Frieren has been on for centuries already, so of course there'll be differences.

Dex-chan lover
Both Frieren and High Elf focus on long-lived transiency, but High Elf leans more into lengthy passages of time and how things can greatly change amidst the constancy of being a high elf.

Frieren leans more into the post-heroic adventure afterstory, the adventure of the long-lived elf after the passing of her mortal friends/comrades.

Their focuses on long-lived transiency is also from two widely different perspectives. One from an elfs perspective and the other an isekaid "real earth" human.

Dex-chan lover
The passage of time in this manga gives me such whiplash. You can say x number of years passed by but it just hits different when characters you see one or a few chapters before just so changed.
As someone who just marathoned the series, the casual time skip really reflects how time feels in the MC perspective. Dude just casually have a 10 year time skip, everyone is different in the human world.

Dex-chan lover
The twintail elf is crying at the graveyard
9A5NZeE1.jpg

She better not starting a journey to reminiscing her past with her party

Dex-chan lover
i didnt need frieren evergarden right now man. these damn onion cutting ninjas

Users who are viewing this thread