Futago Matomete "Kanojo" ni Shinai? - Ch. 2 - The nail that sticks out 'too much' does not get hammered down?

Supporter
The translation is kinda rough this chapter. I struggled to follow some of the conversations. I'm not sure if I actually properly understood what was said.

Dex-chan lover
Bro don't want to stand out but he'll be anyway when he tapao both😂

Thanks for the update🥰 Seems it'll take a while, so I'll put this to "cooking" list. You guys just take your break

Dex-chan lover
This whole chapter is a case exhibit on the worst manga tropes and weird japanese mentalities. Just absolute trash writing. Characters with the brains of a first grader.

Dex-chan lover
61e3yn.png

Contributor
@Ziti typos
Pg 16: u sually -> usually
Pg 28: someone who really need -> someone who really needs
Pg 33: It' s -> It's

Dex-chan lover
we should start a bet on how many chapters it takes for him to notice
Yeah, this kind of "secrets" as a plot device always drives me up the wall.

In contrast, I've recently read False Child, and there a werecreature pretending to be a human (as the principal plot element) managed to keep it secret for the entirety of four pages of the first chapter. Very refreshing!

Dex-chan lover
I've met two pairs of twins, both of which were often using the other twin to cut and attend classes where the other twin was enrolled. One was my high school math teacher, they attended different colleges, made her twin do core subjects while she did her math majors. The other was my college classmate who did it to skip classes when the other has some extra curriculars to do.
If they went this route, it'd be pretty funny if they had to hide them away often enough
That need to have a very similar skillset though XD but the twin I know too get into similar major (in college) and now working in similar field, so I am not suprised when your teacher can easily swap place XD

Group Leader
Oof, I feel this. Tall poppy syndrome is a very real thing where I'm from.

At least the manga does a good job condensing content. I read a little of the webnovel on Kakuyomu and it's a real slog. This is not usually a genre I enjoy reading so maybe I'm biased.

Dex-chan lover
No fucking way, they're gonna go a whole volume without the MC noticing.
we should start a bet on how many chapters it takes for him to notice
It probably won't be much longer since the first chapter was introduced with a look-forward with him saying that he's dating the two of them at the same time. The author could milk this for a little longer but I think this is going to be more about his discomfort and the sibling rivalry.

Supporter
Shouldn't the teacher be aware of her twin? Don't they normally have access to some type of family registry?
She is very much aware of the family situation and will soon dispatch our boy to help straighten it out.

Supporter
How come he never came across the information that his classmate has a twin sister? It's one of the first thing you learn about somebody, be it from the person itself or from a third party, especially if they're in the same school.
There are reasons she's not talked about much in school, and reasons her sister doesn't bring her up out of the blue. Patience.

Supporter
The girl already dropped so much hints but the guy being as dense as a blackhole didn't realize what she really wants. Poor Usami. 😂

Also, I'm curious how no one realize that Usami had a twin. Is it because one the twin often skipping class that no one realize it?
Our boy is not dense, but he is massively awkward and there is a reason for it (related to his phobia over standing out) that we'll get to a bit down the road. This is actually him having worked for years to get down to just "awkward" .

Users who are viewing this thread