Harapeko Oyako to Motokare Yanushi - Ch. 3

Dex-chan lover
"Define 'Comminism' for me"
"Ok."
"...I ain't read alla dat. Touch grass"

I can't say it was unexpected, but it was nice to get it all together so I have a handy bookmark ready the next time someone asks.
What you did was throw some weird rambling together.

I honestly can't believe someone would unironically be so weird and think " yeah, that makes sense" but here we are.

Dex-chan lover
"Define 'Comminism' for me"
"Ok."
"...I ain't read alla dat. Touch grass"
bocchi-the-rock-ryo.gif

Isn‘t that given analogy closer to moral nihilism?

Your definition of Marxist communism. It seems to read closer to moral nihilism. Pretty sure Das Kapital didn’t went to that extent.
You've missed the development of Intersectionality in the past three decades. The ideas we see today have been festering in academia for an entire generation. It was the entire basis for the Science Wars. And roughly around that time, Communist ideas surrounding gender had infiltrated the medical community. Once the idea of oppression was able to make the jump from social class to other identities, it became the all-encompassing religion we see today. Das Kapital might talk about the Bourgeois and the Proletariat, but now we talk about "The Ciswhite Heteronormative Capitalist Patriarchy". If you listen long enough, basically anyone accusing you of being some stripe of istaphobe also eventually blames Capitalism for some evil in the world.

Dex-chan lover
Art is valuable when the supply is cut off. Sometimes this means the artist simply ceases to exist.

Keeping in mind the most valuable art in the world today was drawn by a person who back then was regarded by society as a penniless lunatic with mental illness just trying to get by each day.

How our MC managed to safely inherit the house without it getting snatched from or forced out of or cheated out by greedy relatives is beyond me, that is a common occurrence even in Japan and parts of Asia.
Supply is certainly a factor, but it's only one factor. There are plenty of would-be Van Goghs dying penniless today that will remain unknown and forgotten. What matters is desirability; Van Gogh's life story and the fact that his work went unnoticed until he was already dead, and now everyone knows who he is, certainly makes his work desirable.

In a modern age where anyone can pick up a brush and get $20 of paint from a Michaels, and internet has made fame a very different beast while offering infinite things to compete for our attentions, the path to success is going to be different for anyone trying to make a name for themselves. And most artists would prefer to be successful while they're still alive. It ends up being very much more about who you know and how you can market yourself than how "talented" you are, and talents is in quotes because it's less about technical skill or even "creativity" and more about being able to make yourself stand out or make what people want to buy. There are controversies and plenty of articles discussing the power and influence gallery owners have over what names end up being "known" in the art world, and how it's all a laundering/tax fraud scheme/racket now, but that's beyond the scope of this thread imo.

Dex-chan lover
Supply is certainly a factor, but it's only one factor. There are plenty of would-be Van Goghs dying penniless today that will remain unknown and forgotten. What matters is desirability; Van Gogh's life story and the fact that his work went unnoticed until he was already dead, and now everyone knows who he is, certainly makes his work desirable.

In a modern age where anyone can pick up a brush and get $20 of paint from a Michaels, and internet has made fame a very different beast while offering infinite things to compete for our attentions, the path to success is going to be different for anyone trying to make a name for themselves. And most artists would prefer to be successful while they're still alive. It ends up being very much more about who you know and how you can market yourself than how "talented" you are, and talents is in quotes because it's less about technical skill or even "creativity" and more about being able to make yourself stand out or make what people want to buy. There are controversies and plenty of articles discussing the power and influence gallery owners have over what names end up being "known" in the art world, and how it's all a laundering/tax fraud scheme/racket now, but that's beyond the scope of this thread imo.
RNG as well. This mangaka got lucky and is squandering the opportunity with this kind of plot.

My biggest rant is that there are other works that deserve adaptation or serialisation much more than this but has yet to reach the hands of an editor.

For example, there is so much isekai trash incapable of proper world building, that makes them essentially some partial knock off version of Rance.

Until then sh*tty works need to be rightfully called out.

Dex-chan lover
Selective reading and problems with comprehension can be truly impressive. How is she "lazing" around his place where they LITERALLY said she goes to work?
When the mc takes time to confirm the 'home rebuilding' (and I really hope he does for his own safety), I also hope he has sense enough to confirm where she works while at it... The mc should really REALLY ask more questions in a situation like this.

Dex-chan lover
I wish he at least would ask her about it for us the readers sake lmao I am actually curious :pepehmm:

Thanks for the translation
My guess is that he's probably either being cautious (he's afraid to know the truth), or he doesn't want to press her and make her feel uncomfortable. He's showing delicacy and understanding of her situation most likely.
Also she's in a stressfull situation having to move in a hurry like that, so not asking too many questions is probably kind of empathetic maybe.

The premise is bizarre and hard to salvage. It would make sense if this was a drama since the premise is primed for that, but it's supposed to be a light-hearted slice of life...
I looked at the comments on COMIC FUZ to see what Japanese readers think of this and this seems just as controversial there.

Users who are viewing this thread