Harapeko Oyako to Motokare Yanushi - Ch. 3

The premise is bizarre and hard to salvage. It would make sense if this was a drama since the premise is primed for that, but it's supposed to be a light-hearted slice of life...
I looked at the comments on COMIC FUZ to see what Japanese readers think of this and this seems just as controversial there.
Sure wish I could see those comments.

1 scenary:her husband is a piece of crap and she decided to leave with her daughter, in that case she is still a piece of crap too, not just she broke up with him to marry a bastard, but she also decided to escape to his house and probaly will bring trouble to him.

2 scenary:her husband is actually Nice and their house just got destroyed for some reason, and now hes finding a new one, in that case shes still a piece of crap, she could have gone to any other house(woman friend, her parents house, apartment...) but she decided to go live in her ex house(probaly behind his back), when her ex live alone and inst married, this is Just disrespectful, both to the ex and principally to her husband.

I simply cant see this manga giving a good explanation to this situation, literally even in scenarys like "her husband died" or "she was forced to marry him", i simply cant see this with good eyes she just spawning out of nowhere in his house and appearing with a daughter, i can understand the MC letting her live in there for some time because its the "responsability" of adults to take care of the children(by law is the father or guardian of the children, and we are not responsible for others people children, but If a mother and child apper needing a house to live for some days, unless i absolutely hated the mother, or thought that It could be dangerous to let them live with me or i was married/lived with someone else i would too let them live in the house for a few days, the kid dont have fault in whathever happened between the mother and MC and i would hate to be in that kid shoes and having to look for a house for days), but both not doing any shores and making the MC do everything is simple wrong(shes at least 30, and behave more like a child than her own child).

And the scenary of her husband being actually a good person make this all even worse, literally a wife living inside her ex house, and sometimes even being alone in the house with him when her daughter go to school, this manga will need a really good excuse for all that, and even then It will look bad.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
I looked at the comments on COMIC FUZ to see what Japanese readers think of this and this seems just as controversial there.
Then at least the author should be aware of the reader reaction. Hopefully.

Also, came to think of something not much mentioned in the comments, it's been established in earlier chapters she can't cook, with store-bought bento being the norm. If so, how exactly has she brought up her child in the whole 17 years? What about other household chores like laundry? IT'S BEEN 14 DAMN YEARS raising her daughter! There's some hard questions mc has to have the balls to ask instead of being just shy and gullible, even whether CPS should get involved concerning her daughter.

Last edited:
1 scenary:her husband is a piece of crap and she decided to leave with her daughter, in that case she is still a piece of crap too, not just she broke up with him to marry a bastard, but she also decided to escape to her his house and probaly will bring trouble to him.
2 scenary:her husband is actually Nice and their house just got destroyed for some reason, and now hes finding a new one, in that case shes still a piece of crap, she could have gone to any other house(woman friend, her parents house, apartment...) but she decided to go live in her ex house(probaly behind his back), when her ex live alone and inst married, this is Just disrespectful, both to the ex and principally to her husband.
I simply cant see this manga giving a good explanation to this situation, literally even in scenarys like "her husband died" or "she was forced to marry him", i simply cant see this with good eyes she just spawning out of nowhere in his house and appearing with a daughter, i can understand the MC letting her live in there for some time because its the "responsability" of adults to take care of the children(by law is the father or guardian of the children, and we are not responsible for others people children, but If a mother and child apper needing a house to live for some days, unless i absolutely hated the mother, or thought that It could be dangerous to let them live with me or i was married/lived with someone else i would too let them live in the house for a few days, the kid dont have fault in whathever happened between the mother and MC and i would hate to be in that kid shoes and having to look for a house for days), but both not doing any shores and making the MC do everything is simple wrong(shes at least 30, and behave more like a child than her own child), and the scenary of her husband being actually a good person make this all even worse, literally a wife living inside her ex house, and sometimes even being alone in the house with him when her daughter go to school, this manga will need a really good excuse for all that, and even then It will look bad.
Holy mother of run-on sentences! Christ, brother. Use some periods; And break up your paragraphs!

Supporter
I don't. That's the point. You're not very bright, are you?
Then don't write : "The trick is that she's just there to crash until her apartment is fixed, as opposed to some more nefarious goal, like mooching off him forever, or robbing him". If it's not what you meant, learn how to write.
As for your opinion on me, I can't care less about what a sad paranoid douche-bag like you can say. You must have a pretty empty and painful life to be that negative and aggressive. Case closed.

Dex-chan lover
The premise is bizarre and hard to salvage. It would make sense if this was a drama since the premise is primed for that, but it's supposed to be a light-hearted slice of life...
It doesn't look as bad as all, there's probably a handful of negative comments for the first chapter.
Comments for chapter 1 is here: https://comic-fuz.com/manga/comment/53960 . I haven't made an account, but I probably should to read the next chapter.

It doesn't look as bad as all, there's probably a handful of negative comments for the first chapter.
Comments for chapter 1 is here: https://comic-fuz.com/manga/comment/53960 . I haven't made an account, but I probably should to read the next chapter.
https://comic-fuz.com/manga/comment/53960
https://comic-fuz.com/manga/comment/53963
https://comic-fuz.com/manga/comment/53966
https://comic-fuz.com/manga/comment/54827
https://comic-fuz.com/manga/comment/54830
https://comic-fuz.com/manga/comment/56900
https://comic-fuz.com/manga/comment/56903
These are the comments for the available chapters right now. There's definitely a decent amount of controversy about this.

Dex-chan lover
I was expecting that the little girl would be his daughter but I guess I was wrong. It's not a bad thing to let them live for a while but at least ask about the circumstances that led to them becoming homeless and tell your ex-gf that this is just a temporary thing and she should get a job that would be able to sustain a family of 2. I know you're still in love with your ex despite the 17 year ghosting but it's about damn time you move on. She clearly didn't think about your ass when everything was fine and she just remembered your existence once she's out on the streets, homeless and hungry. It's good to be kind but don't let them abuse your kindness and start setting boundaries.

Dex-chan lover
Me: Damn, this dude really is a pushover. I feel very annoyed by the mother for some reason.

Eric: HOW CAN YOU BE SO LACKING IN EMPATHY?! I LOVE THIS MANGA SO HOW CAN YOU HATE IT?! YOU DONT DESERVE TO HAVE OPINION!!!

The comments interactions is very interesting. At first, some people give out their opinion on why they have a problem with the manga. Then comes sexist who calls out sexism. How about you all comment your opinion on why you love this manga and flood it with that instead of hate against another? Dont you know that youre just making the air more toxic? Oh my bad, its not partly your fault at all. Its all on the "sexist".

Then don't write : "The trick is that she's just there to crash until her apartment is fixed, as opposed to some more nefarious goal, like mooching off him forever, or robbing him". If it's not what you meant, learn how to write.
English may not be your first language, so I'll explain:The trick is that she's there to crash until the apartment is fixed. As in, that thing I said immediately following "The trick is" is the trick. As in, she's lying about the apartment. Everyone else understood this but you.
Still aren't the fraction of the flaming there as here.
Also this looks interesting, never heard of it.
https://mangadex.org/title/812b8e07-86bd-4327-ba85-ea441575e460/oshikake-twin-tail
It's Japan, bro. This is flaming. And by the end there's literally nobody defending it, and plenty of people calling them, among other things "Parasites".

Based Japan doesn't suffer parasitic ex girlfriends. Unlike here, where a loud plague of Communists is defending this psychopathic behavior.

Dex-chan lover
Dex-chan lover
Maybe if no further context is taken. except that Miyu-chan said this in response to MC immediately forgiving his bully over and over who made his life a living hell for months and indirectly caused the original FMC to get murdered, and even put himself in danger going back into a burning house to try and get that bully out safe. plus the bully trying to blackmail FMC when they first met hoping for a doujin like ransom whereas our FMC quickly dispensed with the bully in response to that
I despise the doormat MC in that manga. Someone like that deserves every instance of being taken advantaged of and scammed for either the rest of their life or until he gets his head out of the clouds.

EDIT: This is for the REFERENCED MANGA and NOT THIS MANGA.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Can you really afford a living by just painting? It's borderline impossible I think.
He probably lives or has inherited his parents' house considering Kyou knew about it from 17 years ago, so living costs are probably low, but still my impression is that it's really hard getting by by drawing art.
Only after you've died and become famous.

b_y

Honestly the only way to salvage the story, especially the FL, is if she’s escaping an abusive relationship and then went to the ML because of the lack of contact. If this is the case, then even if she’s taking advantage of his lingering feelings, then the author could be able to address both characters issues (ideally without romance between them). Similarly the ML’s hangup on her could be naturally ended this way.

Users who are viewing this thread