Harapeko Oyako to Motokare Yanushi - Ch. 3

Dex-chan lover
Ah ok, she’s now “used goods”.

I guess I am just more interested in how she even knew where he lived, much less why she thought to move in with someone they haven’t seen for almost 20 years. I suspect a fluffy, star crossed lovers thing but it would be refreshing if it’s something we haven’t seen before.

Could see it if they kept contact , but 17 years of no word, they’re strangers at that point. Anything more than showing them the door is pretty kind, especially if she’s got a kid in tow.

I guess I’ve got to know how they broke up and what her intentions are. It’s hard to believe that she just decided to seek out an ex from over a decade ago and beg to live there on a whim. At best she’s a lot more desperate than she’s letting on, at worst she’s gambling on him still having feelings for her so she an her daughter have a soft place to land.
It's indirectly hinted at when he says that Kyou knows her way around the house from before, he's most likely inherited the place from his parents and lived there when they were a couple.
And I don't think it's weird having no contact with your ex for 17 years, I haven't spoken to my exes after we broke up either more or less. At most added them on social media or something.
Considering that she'd already packed her stuff to stay, I'm fairly certain she asked him because she was certain he'd let him stay. At least I think the second chapter severely hinted at that.
And of course it the mystery if Minorin is actually his daughter or not, and this was her way of making them finally meet.

Dex-chan lover
And of course it the mystery if Minorin is actually his daughter or not, and this was her way of making them finally meet.
There's no mystery, it's stated in this chapter, page 9, second panel from top, that she's 14. If you want more proof, we have been shown she goes to middle school. It's also already been mentioned several times here in the comments so I can't see why you would still make that claim. TLDR; No, she isn't his daughter.

Dex-chan lover
There's no mystery, it's stated in this chapter, page 9, second panel from top, that she's 14. If you want more proof, we have been shown she goes to middle school. It's also already been mentioned several times here in the comments so I can't see why you would still make that claim. TLDR; No, she isn't his daughter.
Half this chapter is about him questioning if she's lying about that or not though.

Dex-chan lover
I don't think so for the reasons the other guy said. But I wouldn't be surprised if it turns out that's not actually HER daughter.

Dex-chan lover
Half this chapter is about him questioning if she's lying about that or not though.
There's LITERALLY not a single panel in this chapter where he's questioning whether she's his daughter, only that we're shown a panel where he's clearly disappointed she isn't! The panels after that is him and the childhood friend questioning whether she's taking advantage of him, that part's not about who's daughter it is.

Dex-chan lover
And I don't think it's weird having no contact with your ex for 17 years, I haven't spoken to my exes after we broke up either more or less. At most added them on social media or something.
Considering that she'd already packed her stuff to stay, I'm fairly certain she asked him because she was certain he'd let him stay. At least I think the second chapter severely hinted at that.

No, I’m saying that it’s weird to go from not speaking for 17 years to expecting your ex to board you and your teenage daughter, seemingly for free. I can understand loosing contact otherwise.

And unless there’s an asspull revelation that they had sex sometime after their break, which is possible, she’s likely not his daughter.

Dex-chan lover
There's LITERALLY not a single panel in this chapter where he's questioning whether she's his daughter, only that we're shown a panel where he's clearly disappointed she isn't! The panels after that is him and the childhood friend questioning whether she's taking advantage of him, that part's not about who's daughter it is.
Sometimes I'm wondering if we're even reading the same manga.

Dex-chan lover
i don't know why people are acting like this dude is traumatized by the breakup because of the line about him losing his motivation to paint. that was in his first or second year of art college. he went on to graduate anyways and has apparently continued to work as a painter since then as his friend comes over specifically because he likes looking at the main character's work, he's drawing in the first chapter and the description just straight up says that he's been a painter ever since he graduated.
if i read these comments before seeing the manga i'd be expecting it to be 90% this guy reenacting a rent a girlfriend chapter

Dex-chan lover
i don't know why people are acting like this dude is traumatized by the breakup because of the line about him losing his motivation to paint. that was in his first or second year of art college. he went on to graduate anyways and has apparently continued to work as a painter since then as his friend comes over specifically because he likes looking at the main character's work, he's drawing in the first chapter and the description just straight up says that he's been a painter ever since he graduated.
if i read these comments before seeing the manga i'd be expecting it to be 90% this guy reenacting a rent a girlfriend chapter
Not gonna lie, the vitriol in the comments came as a complete surprise to me. I'm still somewhat flabbergasted that people can be so upset with the setting and story.

Dex-chan lover
Not gonna lie, the vitriol in the comments came as a complete surprise to me. I'm still somewhat flabbergasted that people can be so upset with the setting and story.
Bad writing needs to be called out. There’s too much hot trash being serialised and promoted while much better written ones are not getting the attention they deserve. And it’s starting to spread to even well established serieses who are starting to play the stalling game for sales

Dex-chan lover
Bad writing needs to be called out. There’s too much hot trash being serialised and promoted while much better written ones are not getting the attention they deserve. And it’s starting to spread to even well established serieses who are starting to play the stalling game.
Only a handful of Houbunsha manga get scanlated or get official translations. There's way worse out there than this.
That you don't like or understand something doesn't mean that it's bad writing, you've just got bad taste and are immature honestly.

Dex-chan lover
Only a handful of Houbunsha manga get scanlated or get official translations. There's way worse out there than this.
That you don't like or understand something doesn't mean that it's bad writing, you've just got bad taste and are immature honestly.
When you start personal attacks like this you concede you have lost the debate :02:

I thought you could debate better I am very disappointed in you. Sad!

Dex-chan lover
When you start personal attacks like this you concede you have lost the debate :02:

I thought you could debate better I am very disappointed in you. Sad!
I'm tired of your trolling, go find something else to do. I don't get why you even bother with a manga you don't even like. You're only here to be obnoxious and ruin the fun of others, why don't you do something that'd be fun for you instead of being an asshat honestly.

Fed-Kun's army
This comment section is amazing lol. Reading comprehension is through the floor lmao

Some things I feel need to be pointed out
1. SHE IS NOT HIS DAUGHTER!!
The numbers don't add up & this manga isn't deep enough to play 4D chess with something like this
2. They're housecrashing, not freeloading
I don't get why y'all need the characters to go every detail of a renter's agreement to believe she's going to be making contributions to the household. This is a manga with a cutsy artstyle. Assume the boring details are hashed out offscreen
3. He's not been simping over her for the last 17 years.
His first thoughts after seeing her in his yard were "Should I call the cops?". He is a pushover, though. So far it feels more like "helping out an old friend" that'll shift as the story progresses
4. Them being "No Contact" isn't that big of a deal
I doubt she was actively avoiding him and it was more of a case of both sides just having their own things going on. Life happens and people move on. Her making a request after such a long time was a REALLY big ask of him, but he's an overly nice dude
5. The mother is not evil, just dumb
Y'all got some trauma & I hope y'all find a way to heal. This is a cute mango, I doubt the mother has any malicious intent. I pretty sure she's just a derp

Dex-chan lover
Bad writing needs to be called out. There’s too much hot trash being serialised and promoted while much better written ones are not getting the attention they deserve. And it’s starting to spread to even well established serieses who are starting to play the stalling game for sales
How delusional can you be? Why do you think shitposting in a non-japanese discussion board will have anything to do with what manga get serialized or not? Houbunsha mainly has 4komas and a lot of otaku pandering magazines, if you want to get serialized there you need to make something that fits their line-up.
Honestly you need to touch grass as fast as you can, because you’ve got to be the biggest fucking retard I’ve ever seen in this place. Why you think being an complete obnoxious troll here will make shitty manga you like get serialized must really be a contender for the stupidest post this year.
Fuck off. Really.

Dex-chan lover
How delusional can you be? Why do you think shitposting in a non-japanese discussion board will have anything to do with what manga get serialized or not? Houbunsha mainly has 4komas and a lot of otaku pandering magazines, if you want to get serialized there you need to make something that fits their line-up.
Honestly you need to touch grass as fast as you can, because you’ve got to be the biggest fucking retard I’ve ever seen in this place. Why you think being an complete obnoxious troll here will make shitty manga you like get serialized must really be a contender for the stupidest post this year.
Fuck off. Really.
Then that speaks volumes about their audience. Which justifies all the simp incel and cuck comments thrown around by everyone else.

Pick your poison :02:

Users who are viewing this thread