Hoshino, Me o Tsubutte

What a massive piece of shit, if he wanted to go out with her he shouldnt have lead the other 2 girls on and cut them off as soon as he knew christ I felt for the dude before this chapter holy shit.

How anyone could have thought anyone but Hoshino would win when her name is right in the title is beyond me.

All those people feeling like it's ending because this manga is going out of their rom com comfort zone by ACTUALLY MAKING PROGRESS IN THE CHARACTERS' RELATIONSHIPS.

@LittleBuster1
Cut him some slack, he realized he was into her a chapter ago.

@VICTIMGIRLS17 Dosen't make him any less of a piece of shit or make this author any less trash tier with how he is developing these character arcs, it wasnt just a few chapters ago where in MC stated he couldnt "love" anyone else until he learned to care for himself and now he is all cool with confessing to her right after leading childhood friend on again with a non committal reply to a second confession? I dont even mind her winning but there are either 2 scenarios for this authors trash tier narrative structure, either the manga is getting axed or author is just trash tier and or self inserting for his own autism. Still in either scenario this development is undeniable garbage.

For anyone worried that it is ending, don't worry. The Raws go up to a 100 and the author stated it isn't ending anytime soon.

@LittleBuster1 He stopped hating himself since the cheer squad arc though. I don't see anything wrong with the narrative structure either, nothing seemed out of place or forced (not saying it's perfect it's still cheesy as hell but you seem to hold very strong resentment for something that's not inherently bad imo)
1.Got confessed to by best girl.
2.Was ready to accept her feelings but realized worst girl liked him too.
3. Had a chat with best friend about said situation and understood he had feelings for main girl.
4. Followed through with those feelings.
Now if you still think that this development is undeniable garbage I'd be happy to know in what way.

@VICTIMGIRLS17 if you honestly believe this narrative structure is "passable" especially after this development then there is really nothing to discuss with you and addressing his "development" in the cheer squad arc if that was the case then he should have been able to answer the other 2 other girls easily because there is no excuse then related to his original hesitant nature concerning his qualms with his own personality. This entire chapter is a massive asspull by the author to force progress where there should be none in relation to the pacing of the story, idk maybe Im over analyzing the base narrative of this chinese comic but damn does this development trigger my literary autism.

@LittleBuster1 I think you are being a bit overly critical, and I think @VICTIMGIRLS17 has a pretty good point. While Nishimura's way of explaining Kobayakawa's feelings was a bit unorthodox, it is true that he currently doesn't feel the same way he feels about Hoshino in comparsion to the other two girls. Even when he plans to accept Kanou's confession, his sentiment is more of, "She's a great person, this probably won't happen again, why not try out a relationship?" I feel it's because he didn't feel super strongly about Kanou that the note had such an impact on his intention to confess. If the only reason he planned to confess to Kanou is because he didn't see any downsides, as soon as one arose (Straining relationship w/ Matsukata), he was more likely to back-off, because he's still not perfect. His talk with Nishimura and Hoshino herself also help him to realize his feelings are much stronger for her than the other two, and he even points out that he is willing to go the extra mile for her and dismantle the budding relationships with Kanou and Matsukata. While I'm not the happiest with how the arc is turning out either, calling it trash-tier is a bit much.

Man,the Drama tag are there for a reason.Can't please everyone,i guess.
IMO,right from the beginning,Hoshino and Kobayakawa were both being forced into a situation that they do not want to be in but with time,they learn to accept each other weaknesses(Hoshino are bad at makeup to the level of nighmarish and Kobayakawa was a wimp with antisocial behaviour)but with every arc,they worked together with people around her and somehow,they were pretty much attracted to each other unknowingly due to them learning each other strengths(remember the chapter where his art teacher took Hoshino with her and Kobayakawa "unconsiously" searching for Hoshino?) before Kanou came in and confess to him,thus creating this pandemonium of him stuck between 3 people who love him.
Unlike any other romcom mc(except that one manga where a guy crossdress because he wants to get closer to girl he likes but somehow fall in love with her best friend because of her sincerity)he actually choose Hoshino out of 3 girls because of her daily interaction with Kobayakawa and whether you like it or not,she changed Kobayakawa's life from weak-willed and antisocial MC to a person who's vocal about things he believed in and are willing to confess his trouble to his friends as seen with his latest interaction with Nishikawa.Without Hoshino,he wouldn't have helped Matsukawa when she was being bashed by Kanou and he would't have known Kanou was his long lost friend from his elementary days.
Matsukawa have a weak case of good character development since she's there just as a "club member who happen to know their secrets",thus making her the weakest characterization by author to rationalize her liking Kobayakawa.Kanou have a good characterization as she's straightforward and will do anything to get what she wants,thus making her a prime candidate(by most of you lot actually) to be loved by Kobayakawa but he knows deep in his heart he's not going to be able to love such a beautiful girl since he sees himself as a hateful person and Hoshino is the first person who accept him for who he is and wanted him to change to a better person by trying to make him hang out with her friend though it ended in disaster.But hey,i might be wrong and somehow oversimplified this manga to suit my opinion.Feel free to rebuke mine,as long as you do it in a constructive,civilised manner.

Well usually this kind of mangas end with confession lol, or confess - drama - confess to other girl - brake up with other girl and return to first one - end lol.

Dex-chan lover
I mean, most people are on the Kanou ship because she's a really great character and wanted her to win because they liked her but that doesn't mean that the way this manga was always going to go wasn't well written, didn't make sense or is some sort of bad direction.

The relationship between them is still very interesting and having them go out and have to deal with the consequences of that is honestly something I wish more mangaka had the balls to do.

This is a great development and follows the tracks laid down before it very well. And I'm a Kanou man.

Why hide the relationship? The manga will definitely turn into a blood bath for the mc

Come on, hobbits! Long ways to go yet!

hoshino.png

Dex-chan lover
This is great, the worst ones got together, sparing the better characters.

wtf hey hey what about the best girl? Damn is this one of those alternative story lines? GO BACK DAMMIT GO BACK YOU SHITTY MAGAKA

Users who are viewing this thread