Genjitsushugi Yuusha no Oukoku Saikenki - Ch. 58.2

MD@Home
I feel like that shouldn't work with a religion so zealous its spies commit self-immolation for being caught in a non-hostile country, since it'd just start a pissing contest between all the "official" state religions as to who's actually THE religion of the kingdom, just based on what we see IRL, but I guess it's a fantasy series for a reason? Idk, it'd be the first "realist" solution that doesn't really make sense.
Despite how it may seem today, religious tolerance, at least among fellow Christian churches, was definitely a good thing a couple of centuries prior, that helped lessen the tension between those churches. I'd wager that even today, the friction is more cultural than religious; people of very different religions can live together with minimal problems as long as they are equally integrated into the same Western or Eastern society.

Dex-chan lover
Hrmhrm, diplomatic incident incoming? They definitely don't favour Friedonia, with the way the spy was yelling about "infidels". Never bodes well, though an optimist could hope that guy was just a one-off.

And a "true saint", eh? We're either going to get someone surprisingly down-to-earth, or a holier-than-thou, self-righteous and self-assured pr*ck - there generally seems to be no middle ground in this regard.

Looking forward to new content, and thanks for the scan!!
Well, if I remembered correctly it was the
holier-than-thou, self-righteous and self-assured pr*ck, the saint want's to make Lunaria state religion of Freidonia and make souma the holy king

Dex-chan lover
It's and overused trope yeah, but hey it's pretty realistic lol
Too realistic that my country's religion zealot head honcho always using it as his weapon, shield and mouthpiece in his daily life.
Idiots follow him to his bidding.

You can never shut him up because to rebel against him is the same as rebel against your god. (Whatever faith you subscribe to.)

Dex-chan lover
Holy state finally make a move, the wheel of fate will move again. And Rejoice fellow readers
first snu snu will come soon
yeah it is the only thing I remember from this arc
and also the last thing I read from the novel too

Dex-chan lover
A conflict between the secular regimes rulers and the clergy over the power over people is nothing out of the ordinary. That's for sure.

Dex-chan lover
I dunno whether this make it better or anything, but

Souma intentionally lessen the Lunarian influence by assigning honest but infamous pope as the head pope. It makes people less zealous about the religion while still keeping the good teaching of it.

the Lunarian popes on the holy kingdom is the typical corrupt you see in isekai.

also, not making the lunarian as the sole state religion help Souma in the future, since he need help from Dragonian later.
Interesting. I did some googling and apparently Kings often did have more control over the appointment of Bishops and Cardinals within their kingdom instead of the Pope (I'm assuming you meant Bishops/Cardinals instead of Popes as there's usually only one Pope and they're the highest position in the church) so this not only works but has some historical basis to it.

Dex-chan lover
Interesting. I did some googling and apparently Kings often did have more control over the appointment of Bishops and Cardinals within their kingdom instead of the Pope (I'm assuming you meant Bishops/Cardinals instead of Popes as there's usually only one Pope and they're the highest position in the church) so this not only works but has some historical basis to it.
Souma is, if nothing else, a student of history and takes lessons from it.

Group Leader
Yes, you're right. Something like that. I'm not really familiar with the holy rank and only remember Pope as something of a high rank.

Ooh, so there's historical basis from that. This series do often make the plot around what has happened in real world but put fantasy theme into it.

A logo of a super curved crescent moon pointing towayds a smaller central icon, large black rectangular prism as an object of worship... guys I think the Lunarians are muslims...

Fed-Kun's army
Of course, it always the church who are also a part of problems.
(I'm both tired of this trope but it didn't feel right to left them out because of their real life influence/fuckery on the world's history)
I'm guessing you ignore all the nonsense that secular governments do to maintain this extremely edgy position on "the church."
Please don't be yet another story with "religion le bad"
Thank you for saying this. So tired of this isekai trope and then a bunch of edgelords and edgeladies in the chat thinking it's the greatest piece of story telling since sliced bread cause "muh evil religion is evil in real life" silliness.

Users who are viewing this thread