Ijiranaide, Nagatoro-san - Vol. 19 Ch. 140 - On that day... I... met... Senpai...

Dex-chan lover
She'll probably will lose because of a technicality so Orihara won't feel satisfied with her victory because it wasn't a total victory, but both Nagatoro and senpai will use the motivation of defeat to confess to each other.
Or like.. everything you said happens except the confessing part because they both lost and their agreement was when they both won.

Dex-chan lover
Now that I think about it, the first chapters are from senpai's perspective, when he wasn't in the best place mentally. So, while from Nagatoro's perspective she did some light teasing, from senpai's perspective, she was absolutely viscous to him.

In reality, it was probably neither one or the other, but somewhere in between.
Really good point

Dex-chan lover
Now that I think about it, the first chapters are from senpai's perspective, when he wasn't in the best place mentally. So, while from Nagatoro's perspective she did some light teasing, from senpai's perspective, she was absolutely viscous to him.

In reality, it was probably neither one or the other, but somewhere in between.

Viscous you say? :meguusmug:

Dex-chan lover
No way was that written with this moment in mind. It's not a complete retcon, because there's nothing substantially changed in terms of events, but it is close to a retcon in terms of changing the emotional colouring of the start of the story. Nagatoro wasn't inspired by Paisen's crappy manga, she was toying with him. Feelings came later, and not acknowledging that is convenient and cheap.
How do you know she wasn’t inspired? She IMMEDIATELY started spending a majority of her time with him in the club. Even got her to draw her. Are we reading the same manga?

There isn’t a change in emotional coloring since we cannot see inside her head. Her teasing him is just her way of glomming on to him

Dex-chan lover
I'm the camp of wanting Nagatoro to lose, and then her and senpai confess to each other because, well, setting a condition was stupid to begin with.

Dex-chan lover
I'm the camp of wanting Nagatoro to lose, and then her and senpai confess to each other because, well, setting a condition was stupid to begin with.
Pretty sure this is what most people want, at this point It isn't a camp it's a whole city.

Dex-chan lover
I feel a bit sad for Orihara, tbh. Shikki and the other two girls are the only ones cheering for her (one because she's neutral and the other two just to tease Tororo).
I feel like that’s part of her character though, like she’s the foil to Nagatoro who in her mind “isn’t taking it seriously” so she messes around and has a social life while Oihara put everything into judo and nothing else

Dex-chan lover
Why do I feel she's gonna lose, lol.
cause it would be character building because she did judo because she was naturally good and it pissed her off that her rival got better than her out of effort. She is keeping up but showing her that she hasn't trained enough will just enforce that one must work hard all the time like senpai does with art.

That is how i view it.

Users who are viewing this thread