Ijiranaide, Nagatoro-san - Vol. 19 Ch. 140 - On that day... I... met... Senpai...

Dex-chan lover
We've started to read this series just as a romcom story with a cheeky tanned JK kouhai, but seeing the story show more depth and incorporating genres as the story progresses is so fantastic and makes me feel like I'm being rewarded as a loyal reader. Kudos to Nanashi.
to be honest. I first few chapters of the manga drove me away. The anime bring me back. The story got better but the first few chapters, even more the first version is... Complicated.

Dex-chan lover
I feel a bit sad for Orihara, tbh. Shikki and the other two girls are the only ones cheering for her (one because she's neutral and the other two just to tease Tororo).
Yeah... It's make me feel divided.
In one hand, Orihara deserves waaay more than Nagatoro in other hand I don't want their confession taking any longer.
I mean, like Nagatoro saying Hachi keep trying so he deserved the second place and even surpassing the rival.
Nagatoro dropped martial arts for a long time for a silly reason and didn't care about it.

Dex-chan lover
140 chapters in and we finally learn why she liked him from the beginning :chad:
Wasn't it obvious from like first or second chapter? We didn't know about judo and her background, but the fact that she was attracted to Senpai because he was trying his best, even if he was mocked, or the results were poor, was virtually spelled out.

The tone changed when Nanashi found their idea for the story, moving from doujin to serialization, so less bullying and more pranks, clumsy flirting, etc. But the main attraction vector was always there.

Dex-chan lover
Why do I feel she's gonna lose, lol.
One can only hope. I think her losing after giving her best after Senpai lost as well. Yet, confession still happening would have been the best resolution to my least favorite trope in romance manga, aka connecting progress to unrelated things, like winning at shogi.

Dex-chan lover
What's sad for Orihara is that she's been wanting to face Nagatoro all this time while Nagatoro isn't really seeing her, she's looking at senpai-kun.
In the end, Orihara is facing her as an athlete, determined to go to the Olympics, while Nagatoro and Senpai kind of "use" her to seal their love. That look from the past chapter could mean that she envies what they have (people said a few comments ago that she seems to be very isolated from the others (the fate of an athlete?)), or that they're disrespecting her hard work and goals. We'll know soon!

Dex-chan lover
The chapter where she lays out in her own words what I've been telling the clueless commenters for the past several chapters, lmao. Nice.

Dex-chan lover
and she got no one she can call close friends either, the only connection she have are the other girls in the same club and nagatoro as rival
This was the sacrifice she made for the shot at Olympic Glory. She put EVERYTHING on the line for that shot

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread