Kakkoii Onnanoko to 12-centi no Yakusoku - Ch. 16 - Wait for me

Dex-chan lover
Y'all lucky I can't be assed to get my NG+ character to Mohg right now.
I'd totally help... but at the same time, I'm looking forward to more chapters..

Also to note for some of the other commenters.. Yes, this is indeed how some teens work. Yes, the dense guy "trope" is actually real. Not all of us realized that the girl who wanted to hang out was interested in us or saw us as more than a friend.

Just cuz you're not a dense person and can pick up on those things doesn't mean that there are some people that just can't.

Dex-chan lover
Im always baffled when people get angry at dense protagonists. I had a girl who sat next to me in class apparently flirt with me for over a year without me noticing. It was only after she gave up and started dating my friend that he told me she used to be into me. Teenagers are dumb

Dex-chan lover
321.png

Dex-chan lover
Bruh, someone just spell it our to him or tell her to confess. this shit it crazy
Honestly, this is the best possible course for them. Having him realize his feelings is better than being told "You're in love with her!" because that'd confuse him MORE about if he actually does. Her confessing would also probably confuse him, so telling him "Sort your feelings out" is the best option. At least this is looking to have them realize their feelings before chapter 5999

Dex-chan lover
I get the confusion. Tomo is boggled by gender to a degree vastly more common for a dense queer teen, so this chapter is the yaoiest of all. I haven't been taking comments about thinly-veiled yaoi all that serious until now, since Ibuki's hidden personality traits are very feminine coded and more common in women. Even so, the only definitively gendered part of the friendship is how other people treat Ibuki, which doesn't tell us how Tomo comprehends feminine girls and femininity in general.

I wish the story had been clearer about this earlier. It wouldn't have even been that hard, just show him interacting with girls in class slightly more or say more about how having lots of sisters shaped him. Or something. Anything. Without that prep or foreshadowing, this chapter as written would've worked better if the story was gay. For an important moment of making the emotions relatable for readers who don't read queer content, which is a big strength of this story and other platonic-ish childhood friend stories, this chapter fumbled imo

Just realized: It's about the same issue as when the author didn't explain the pair only became friends in highschool, until an extra.

Last edited:
It's refreshing to see an MC who's trying to figure out his own feelings rather than just being blind. Dude's not dense in the typical manga way. He seems to more or less get what she was putting down, he just straight hadn’t considered her an option till now.

Still needed it spelled out a bit, but everything she'd done prior had been toeing closer to friendship.

Users who are viewing this thread