Kanojo, Okarishimasu - Vol. 18 Ch. 149 - The Girlfriend, Dreams, and Me

@BraveDude8

Don’t let that power go to your head pal remember you’re only a moderator on this sight and nowhere else. Mute me or block my account on “mAnGa dEx” I couldn’t careless.

Head Contributor Wrangler
Staff
Super Moderator
@ItzKhaleb You've only posted six comments and five of them are attacking other users. Come back in a week, and shape up or ship out.

Dex-chan lover
same sentiment here @naabi.

Kazuya over here coming with the clutch! And wow he just barges in, turns the movie on and just leaves without a single word. That's Kakui as fuck!

This guy has shown remarkable character growth from who he was at the beginning of the story. Everyone is free to have their opinion of him whether positive or negative, but here is my take on it all.
He starts off as a depressed sad guy, with zero self confidence and he knows it. He knows that he is weak. Then he goes and rents someone for chance to lift his spirits. And she had an immediate effect on him. Honestly, when he lied to his parents and grandma, I never would have imagined he was capable of such a thing. Not because he was too honorable to lie, but rather because he was too weak to lie. But he got pissed off and decided to lie if only to spite their doubt. That was the first change, of course it snowballs out of control after that.

Now let's look at who he is now. Can anyone honestly say that the Kazuya who dove in headfirst for a drowning gal, that raised this money, worked his butt off as a newbie in a field he has NO knowledge about is the same person from the beginning of the story? Can anyone say they'd dive in for someone without a second thought....wait let me rephrase, Can anyone with Kazuya's physique and mental state be able to dive in and rescue someone knowing that there is no reward for it? Or put together someone's dream like that? These are not the actions of that person from Ch. 1 of the story. He has grown tremendously as a person. Romantically, he is still a greenie, obviously, but that is what makes this story charming and frustrating at the time.

Now would I like for them to get on with it, sure. Am I willing to wait to see how this plays out, you better believe it. I'm not entirely convinced it will go the way everyone expects, I'm 98% sure it will, but the writer could just throw us a curveball and have Sumi take the lead to mess with us all.
I mean just when I think they've gotten through each other's armor (her Tsun side, his lack of self-worth) and they couldn't possibly be that stupid to not understand what they feel, one or both have a "hold my beer" moment that stalls the progression.
Unfortunately, they both mistake her facade as strength right now. And I honestly believe that Kazuya is the only person who can pierce it now that grandma is gone. He won't realize yet, but I believe and hope that he will get to a point where he will have an outburst with her and destroy that facade. That in that moment he will forget his own problems and be fierce with her if only for her own sake. Of course that's what many want also (except those who would rather him to die because he sucks, is a simp, etc). He only grows for the sake others and never for himself. That is my general take on him as a person.
Anyways I'm done with my rant.

Users who are viewing this thread