Kouchuugun Shikan Boukensha ni Naru - Vol. 7 Ch. 46

Double-page supporter
Alan is assuming this is a multi-generational long project that he won't live to see complete. He wants to train the people to advance their tech rapidly, but has to do it in stages, so it all gets passed down properly.
And it's his assumption. I assume the original author always intended for the bugs to attack the planet much sooner than the timeline in chapter 20 (manga), with Alan still alive, but with faster development of the colony than Iris projected once they combine technology with magic.

Dex-chan lover
Dem walls r so pitiful :meguuusad: need to be at least 5x as tall, also dem gates :fml: pls read some medieval castle ref book author-san, i beg

Group Leader
I'm Sold-Out,
Incredible looking forward to more, the only problem is its too slow, why do good stories have slow updates

Dex-chan lover
There are three individuals of note involved in this project. The original light novel author, the manga artist and the manga adaptation writer. It would seem that the adaptation writer is taking hold of the rains from now on, with the original light novel writer working as advisor now.
Yes, from official english manga,
Original Story : Atsuhiko Itoh
Manga Adaptation : Tomomasa Takuma
Character Design : himesuz

The problem is, Tomomasa Takuma only wrote stories for two series (Kurogane Communication and Frame Saber), both of which were short-lived, only 3 volumes. The rest, he was an artist for Code Geass, Kuro no Souzou Shoukanshi, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann.

He is more of an artist than a story writer.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Btw, doesn't the title of this manga (The Galactic Navy Officer Becomes an Adventurer) no longer fit the story? That fan-made novel title is more fitting.

Fed-Kun's army
I thought she was supposed to be an AI like jarvis, but there she is in flesh.
I'm guessing she either made use of the same growth chambers those twins came out or just created a robot doll body and remote controlling it from orbit.

Dex-chan lover
There seems to be a 3 week timeskip between chapters 45 and 46 as told by the first narrator box. Perhaps the manga author wants to save that scene as a flashback in the future after a twist where it is revealed that Alan has turned the corrupt Noble prime minister's own spy network against him. Just wait and see.
That actually might work better too. Right now it seems the Noble "Has something on Alan" so it will make the surprise that his Network is actually Alans and he played him like a fiddle much better.

Dex-chan lover
didnt know we already into uncharted territory, Neat. i guess the initial premise is too much to handle and the author just lose interest / ideas how to proceed with the current plot. i mean, how else he would go back into the stars and fight the impending alien threat when the technology required for FTL travel is so advanced (and they still get beaten). leaving that plot entirely will be bad writing too.

oh well whatever, still curious how it will go from here

Makes me curious if the twins will actually refer to her as mom.

wait ,wasnt the twin actually based on Iris, which is based on already deceased person? or i remembered it wrong...

but the twins calling her mom would be appropriate too since she's the one who made those 2 clone girls basically

Dex-chan lover
He means 'Survival in Another World with my mistress'. Axed at 6 volumes.
many thanks,
for some reason i have that manga as "dropped" so it doesn't bother me it was axed(or to put it differently, since i dropped it and i'm a sucker for isekai, it must have been baaaad)

Dex-chan lover
*reigns

Thank you kindly for that info. Yeah, fingers crossed we continue to have a good story here =)
Reins*

Water falls from the sky when it rains, reins are used to control animals, and a ruler reigns over their people.

Dex-chan lover
Well, this author can’t really write either. Less time spent talking about the superiority of soy sauce and yakisoba is a good thing. Speeding up the story is going to be nothing but beneficial for what was a damn slog of a novel, assuming the pace keeps up with this development.
Right, I had forgotten how excruciating it was wanting development and having to read about 3 chapters worth of cooking between events.

Users who are viewing this thread