Maou ni Natta node, Dungeon Tsukutte Jingai Musume to Honobono suru - Ch. 70.1

Dex-chan lover
Life span is a good argument for multiple wives. Doesn't matter if he gets another wife; in the grand scheme of things she'll die fairly soon.

Yeah, sure, he's totally going to play into her self-deception.

No need to try to corrupt her. She's already corrupted.

I think you can stop there. When it gets to just collecting waifus it gets bland. It's much better to show actual development and reasoning behind the relationships.

So when it comes to harems, "limited" harems where it's three or four characters involved and don't expand later on work better. Those also tend to have the characters, like here, introduced long before they become part of the harem, and they tend to be more involved in the plot, compared to the ones living in the pokeball only to come out when needed for some plot device.
Yeah this one is much better in that regard. The character are well established and given actual screen time. Nell in particular was necessary as she connects him to the outside. Yuki while fun needs someone to get him out and involved.

Dex-chan lover
Have you read that story Tou no Kanri o Shite Miyou? I quite like how the harem is set up in that one. All of the girls all have their own roles and get to do different things.
I have. While that series is closer to the pokemon type harem, it's not as bad as many others. And it's mainly about the world and tower building anyway, with the harem stuff thrown in because it's popular. And sex.

Dex-chan lover
'And ... Hugs !' What a corrupt demon lord !!!
Tanks for the food x)

Dex-chan lover
Man, this is wholesome af. Rarely harems get done in a good way. Most MC's are just a thoughtless wall of dense concrete. Here Lefi helps as well, but still. Thanks for the TL.

Dex-chan lover
He literally went through "a meal, a bath... " and then she chose him.

Dex-chan lover
So when it comes to harems, "limited" harems where it's three or four characters involved and don't expand later on work better. Those also tend to have the characters, like here, introduced long before they become part of the harem, and they tend to be more involved in the plot, compared to the ones living in the pokeball only to come out when needed for some plot device.
Agreed, this Manga has been going for years now and it's already been quite a few chapters since he made it official with Lefi. The development into it being official on Mels feelings is far more cleanly than usual as it was obvious she started having them a while ago with this just being the last push (and Lefi actually being the one to do the final one). A far cry from the usual "Waifu collection" mangas where the Hero saves them "once" and suddenly they want to have his Babies. If it's not just on first sight. Or worse, the slavery thing.

Dex-chan lover
ok but where's the sex in this story then
they can't switch from lefi development to with nell development now because then it looks like the endpoint is a "harem" of a bunch of roommates that blush at each other and maybe cuddle. this just doesn't fit the setting or the characters

does lefi think this is just about inviting a new roommate? does lefi realize that's apparently what yuki thinks?

Dex-chan lover
they can't switch from lefi development to with nell development now because then it looks like the endpoint is a "harem" of a bunch of roommates that blush at each other and maybe cuddle. this just doesn't fit the setting or the characters
Why not, and why would it look like that? Does character development just end for one character because you look at another character? And I don't see how it doesn't fit the setting or the characters.

If you want spoilers, I can answer in more detail.

Dex-chan lover
He was very mature about it
4balrd.jpg

Man, Yuki is such a chad MC dude. The relationships between the charas is beautiful God dang it i love this manga

Dex-chan lover
i just caught up to the manga in the wn, while rereading the manga, and wow. the source material is not exactly shakespeare but this adaptation is really poor, especially the latter half. obviously the manga has to cut things out, but the way it's done, it's like a sparknotes summary of events that manages to erase all the tension. there's no pacing, developments that feel earned in the novel feel retarded here. the lame art (besides lefi) actively detracts and the translation makes it even worse.

read the wn if this annoys you is what i'm saying

Fed-Kun's army
Eh fine. Dont like harem but this is fine, better than the other harem i guess..

Users who are viewing this thread