Maseki Gurume: Mamono no Chikara wo Tabeta Ore wa Saikyou! - Ch. 57 - New Stage

Dex-chan lover
Okay, neat little filler exposition transition chapter. Researcher should not quit his day job though. That storytelling was pretty bad. Judging from the comments I should be reading the WN. That said...

Loved his father so much he wanted to steal him from his mother

Dex-chan lover
I like how the story was "And the childhood friend stayed behind to watch over the Strategist that she loved, but fuck her she was never heard from ever again".
It's like the girls in VNs of the routes you don't take.

I can't dispute this, but given this is a translation, this is on LH.
It's also the sheer simplicity of the actual story.

Dex-chan lover
Fudgin' foxy bitch needs correction, the French Revolution kind.
Please, can anybody spoil me her final fate?
Well she was defeated and absorbed into ain of course. But after ain learned about her past from plot where he is was send to "what if" timeline of his past life by olivia older brother (or at least his remnants) and confronted her, she was kinda become ain helper or something as ain later can materialize/ bring back to life of all people that the core he sucked in like the demon king, the elder litch, dullahan, and marco

Double-page supporter
Another childhood friend taking an L in the relationship.

Like clockwork.

edit: .... or maybe not.

Last edited:
Group Leader
I'm sure you already noticed but those characters in the story are really important people in current events.
The Chief is the Red Fox who was an key figure in the founding of Ishtalica. She is curently posing as the fiance of Ain's brother

The Researcher is the the researcher narating the story and a major figure in the chaos of the past.

The Warrior is a guy who has not formally appeared in the story yet but he had a cameo dueling Ain's father around chapter 26-28 and the two orphans Ain took in and are working as nurses for him are his illegitimate daughters.

The strategist is the Old Man Prime Minister. He stayed loyal to Ishtalica as he he first had a crush on the Queen but learned to love the country and had tremedous respect for the First King and used his Red Fox powers to keep himself young so he could continue watching over Ishtalica.

All these guys are of the Red Fox race.
GRlMtSPbMAIfnL2
Regarding Raviola Vernstein
She was the wife of the first King and member of the Pixie race. She is said to look exactly like Claune and likely she reincarnated into her as well.
How Chris relates to them is
The First King Gail and Queen Raviola had two kids, the second one was hidden in the elf village for protection and he was Chris grandfather, thus making Ain her great grandfather since he is the reincarnation of the First King Gail and Claune likely her great grandmother.

And yeah she is a harem member as well lol and Ain already had sex with her in the Web Novel.

GRlQPfkbQAABuIM
Is the
sex thing
only in web novel? Where did you read it, because the only fan translation i can find is of the light novel... If you meant it's the light novel, does that mean the manga omit some parts? Probably even soften the tone of the story overall compared to the light novel?

Dex-chan lover
Is the
sex thing
only in web novel? Where did you read it, because the only fan translation i can find is of the light novel... If you meant it's the light novel, does that mean the manga omit some parts? Probably even soften the tone of the story overall compared to the light novel?
Yeah. It's the Web Novel. The Light Novel does not change much from the Web Novel but stops at a certain point whereas the Web Novel is still being updated to this day alongside the author's other work Reincarnated as the Mastermind of the Story.

In fact recently in the Web Novel
Claune got pregnant and is now carrying Ain's child.

Group Leader
Yeah. It's the Web Novel. The Light Novel does not change much from the Web Novel but stops at a certain point whereas the Web Novel is still being updated to this day alongside the author's other work Reincarnated as the Mastermind of the Story.

In fact recently in the Web Novel
Claune got pregnant and is now carrying Ain's child.
Oh... the web novels are still going?? So only the LN got axed huh? Not because of the author unwilling to write further...

Dex-chan lover
Oh... the web novels are still going?? So only the LN got axed huh? Not because of the author unwilling to write further...
Sort off whether its because of the author or Kadokawa I do jot know. It basically stopped right when Ain and Ishtalica defeats all immediate enemies and is crowned King.

Another interesting theory is the reason why it stopped is because the author's other work Reincarnated as the Mastermind of the Story was and is still is very popular so now he has another work He has to watch over.

The author is quite hardworking. He is either working on the Web Novel of Maseki, the Web Novel of Mastermind and the Light Novel of Mastermind all year round.

Dex-chan lover
wow the spoilers are wild, but I'm thankful for them...
the series is pretty much plant Jebus has a bad time because yanderes learn how to trascend time.

still the mom in the harem is too wild, you can try to make some shit but they still acted like mother and son, damn you author!!

Group Leader
Sort off whether its because of the author or Kadokawa I do jot know. It basically stopped right when Ain and Ishtalica defeats all immediate enemies and is crowned King.

Another interesting theory is the reason why it stopped is because the author's other work Reincarnated as the Mastermind of the Story was and is still is very popular so now he has another work He has to watch over.

The author is quite hardworking. He is either working on the Web Novel of Maseki, the Web Novel of Mastermind and the Light Novel of Mastermind all year round.
Waittt whaaatttt???? This is the same author as a Reincarnated as Mastermind??? I had no idea... the depth of the story, the depth of the characters and the style bears no resemblance at all. That series is definitely a better work than Maseki Gurume. I guess the author really worked hard to improve his writing...

That said, is that series really that popular in Japan? Maseki Gurume actually got licensed by J-Novel even though it's axed, and the fan TL actually done to the last volume, showing that the readership is there. Reincarnated as Mastermind tho... it's somehow still unlicensed and the TL of the manga, LN, and WN kinda stalled... crappy quality too, at least for the WN.

Dex-chan lover
Waittt whaaatttt???? This is the same author as a Reincarnated as Mastermind??? I had no idea... the depth of the story, the depth of the characters and the style bears no resemblance at all. That series is definitely a better work than Maseki Gurume. I guess the author really worked hard to improve his writing...

That said, is that series really that popular in Japan? Maseki Gurume actually got licensed by J-Novel even though it's axed, and the fan TL actually done to the last volume, showing that the readership is there. Reincarnated as Mastermind tho... it's somehow still unlicensed and the TL of the manga, LN, and WN kinda stalled... crappy quality too, at least for the WN.
To be fair, Maseki was first written around 2017, while Mastermind wss first written in 2021. So a lot of time to improve.

Also, if you take a close look at the three girls of Maseki you will notice that they have a lot of similarities to the three main girls of Mastermind. For example Fiona of Mastermind looks a lot like Dryad Mom of Maseki and they are both Yamato Nadeshikos in character.

In the WN, Licia was born in August which is a reference to Claune's last name Auguste and originally Licia's last name was Claunzel until it was changed to Klausel.

Chris the Swordman of Maseki and Klonoa the principal of Mastermind are both clumsy, blonde elves.
GHQff6EbkAAZ8Lk

GOeiSGMbEAACXGd

As to how popular it is, the Web Novel is up there among the top isekais in Kakuyomu the 2nd largest Web Novel site and the Light Novel's sales are not bad while the Mangas sales are pretty good. The author is living it good.

Last edited:
Group Leader
To be fair, Maseki was first written around 2017, while Mastermind wss first written in 2021. So a lot of time to improve.

Also, if you take a close look at the three girls of Maseki you will notice that they have a lot of similarities to the three main girls of Mastermind. For example Fiona of Mastermind looks a lot like Dryad Mom of Maseki and they are both Yamato Nadeshikos in character.

In the WN, Licia was born in August which is a reference to Claune's last name Auguste and originally Licia's last name was Claunzel until it was changed to Klausel.

Chris the Swordman of Maseki and Klonoa the principal of Mastermind are both clumsy, blonde elves.
GHQff6EbkAAZ8Lk

GOeiSGMbEAACXGd

As to how popular it is, the Web Novel is up there among the top isekais in Kakuyomu the 2nd largest Web Novel site and the Light Novel's sales are not bad while the Mangas sales are pretty good. The author is living it good.
Welp... Here's hoping that Reincarnated as Mastermind novel eventually got licensed, especially considering author that has already one of their work licensed will usually snowball into their other works getting licensed as well, especially if it's later works and not earlier works (Tenkyou no Alderamin when goddamnit?!)

I just feel that Reincarnated as Mastermind kinda flew under the radar in English fanbase, even I only find out about the series after a friend recommended it to me. The fan translation of the light novel is severely behind, and from what I remember of what little I read the translation was not that good either. The web novel translation was awful, and at one point no one even bothered to translate the manga until recently. None of the materials are licensed as well. If someone asked me for underrated light novels, my 2 answers would be this and Ryuu Kusari no Ori.

Dex-chan lover
Welp... Here's hoping that Reincarnated as Mastermind novel eventually got licensed, especially considering author that has already one of their work licensed will usually snowball into their other works getting licensed as well, especially if it's later works and not earlier works (Tenkyou no Alderamin when goddamnit?!)

I just feel that Reincarnated as Mastermind kinda flew under the radar in English fanbase, even I only find out about the series after a friend recommended it to me. The fan translation of the light novel is severely behind, and from what I remember of what little I read the translation was not that good either. The web novel translation was awful, and at one point no one even bothered to translate the manga until recently. None of the materials are licensed as well. If someone asked me for underrated light novels, my 2 answers would be this and Ryuu Kusari no Ori.
Yeah Mastermind flew under the radar indeed. It got unlucky not making it to the MangaDex popular new series tab to boost it's popularity unlike another series Isekai Streamer which is it's equal in Japan. Also made worse that it's previous translator Anigliscans while very good, are inconsistent with releases which further hurt it,'s budding hype and you could see it in the comment section of Mastermind Anigliscans page there was susbstantial interest in the series.

Funny enough Mastermind's Web Novel blows Streamer's out of the water since the latter only has 10k stars whereas the former has almost 40k stars.

To give you a perspective to how popular Mastermind is, if you ranked a series 1-10 with 10 being the highest, in 10 you would have series like Reincarnared as a Slime and Mushoku Tensei.

At 9 you would have Otome Mob and I Got a Cheat Skill in Another World and Unparalleled in the Real World.

Then at 8 you get Mastermind. The fact that it's manga publisher is Monthly Shonen Ace is a good indicator that Kadokawa has great expectations for it and is in a great position for an Anime adaptation.
GMAjlfTaUAAzH4J

Dex-chan lover
Yeah Mastermind flew under the radar indeed. It got unlucky not making it to the MangaDex popular new series tab to boost it's popularity unlike another series Isekai Streamer which is it's equal in Japan. Also made worse that it's previous translator Anigliscans while very good, are inconsistent with releases which further hurt it,'s budding hype and you could see it in the comment section of Mastermind Anigliscans page there was susbstantial interest in the series.

Funny enough Mastermind's Web Novel blows Streamer's out of the water since the latter only has 10k stars whereas the former has almost 40k stars.

To give you a perspective to how popular Mastermind is, if you ranked a series 1-10 with 10 being the highest, in 10 you would have series like Reincarnared as a Slime and Mushoku Tensei.

At 9 you would have Otome Mob and I Got a Cheat Skill in Another World and Unparalleled in the Real World.

Then at 8 you get Mastermind. The fact that it's manga publisher is Monthly Shonen Ace is a good indicator that Kadokawa has great expectations for it and is in a great position for an Anime adaptation.
GMAjlfTaUAAzH4J
But does the wn went on hiatus or what? I mean the last time it was updated was in 2023

Dex-chan lover
But does the wn went on hiatus or what? I mean the last time it was updated was in 2023
Not exactly. It's because he has his hands full As I mentioned he is either working on the Maseki Web Novel, Mastermind Web Novel or Mastermind Light Novel but never all three simultaneously. He had been focusing updating the Maseki Gurume Web Novel from November 2023 to April 2024.

Also, he seems to be taking the Light Novel of Mastermind pretty seriously as he seems to be put a whole lot of effort in improving the story, adding more plotlines and development or totally revamping the story as a whole.

You can respect him or feel annoyed with him for continuing to work on the Maseki Gurume Web Novel despite the fact that Mastermind is clearly the more popular series of his and with bigger demand for it in both the Web Novel, Light Novel and Manga even many of his readers are annoyed by his priorities.

This was his recent message from last April regarding the Mastermind Web Novel which I google translated. I could link you his Kakuyomu page for the source which includes all his status notes if you want.

"Thank you for always visiting us.
This is Yuki. Today, we have announced the release date for the 4th volume of the original work!
"

"The latest Volume 4 is scheduled to be released in June. This volume will be the same volume as the 3rd volume, which is the thickest volume already published, and we have continued to add tens of thousands of characters!"

"In addition, Nakamura-sensei has already provided us with some wonderful illustrations so we hope to be able to show them to you all someday! Reservations have not yet started, but we have worked hard to prepare the 4th volume, so please look forward to it."

"Speaking of release dates, Reincarnated as the Mastermind of the Story 4 comic is approaching. The comic version is scheduled to be released on April 26th, so please enjoy it first! Don't miss the heated battle scenes drawn by Segawa-sensei and the magic sword from the climax of the 1st volume of the original work!"

"Next, I apologize for taking so long to update the web version... We have been working on the book version and other projects at the same time, so we are making you wait longer than expected. However, although it has taken some time, we are not planning to stop updating the web version. Therefore, we would appreciate your continued support."

"Just like the book version, we will prepare this version so that everyone can enjoy it , so please continue to support us...! We will occasionally announce the progress of the book version and the web version on x (twitter)!"

"If you would like, we would appreciate it if you could check it out! We have only given you the release date and an update on our current situation, so we will stop now for today. We hope you will continue to support "Reborn as the Mastermind of the Story"

Dex-chan lover
Not exactly. It's because he has his hands full As I mentioned he is either working on the Maseki Web Novel, Mastermind Web Novel or Mastermind Light Novel but never all three simultaneously. He had been focusing updating the Maseki Gurume Web Novel from November 2023 to April 2024.

Also, he seems to be taking the Light Novel of Mastermind pretty seriously as he seems to be put a whole lot of effort in improving the story, adding more plotlines and development or totally revamping the story as a whole.

You can respect him or feel annoyed with him for continuing to work on the Maseki Gurume Web Novel despite the fact that Mastermind is clearly the more popular series of his and with bigger demand for it in both the Web Novel, Light Novel and Manga even many of his readers are annoyed by his priorities.

This was his recent message from last April regarding the Mastermind Web Novel which I google translated. I could link you his Kakuyomu page for the source which includes all his status notes if you want.

"Thank you for always visiting us.
This is Yuki. Today, we have announced the release date for the 4th volume of the original work!
"

"The latest Volume 4 is scheduled to be released in June. This volume will be the same volume as the 3rd volume, which is the thickest volume already published, and we have continued to add tens of thousands of characters!"

"In addition, Nakamura-sensei has already provided us with some wonderful illustrations so we hope to be able to show them to you all someday! Reservations have not yet started, but we have worked hard to prepare the 4th volume, so please look forward to it."

"Speaking of release dates, Reincarnated as the Mastermind of the Story 4 comic is approaching. The comic version is scheduled to be released on April 26th, so please enjoy it first! Don't miss the heated battle scenes drawn by Segawa-sensei and the magic sword from the climax of the 1st volume of the original work!"

"Next, I apologize for taking so long to update the web version... We have been working on the book version and other projects at the same time, so we are making you wait longer than expected. However, although it has taken some time, we are not planning to stop updating the web version. Therefore, we would appreciate your continued support."

"Just like the book version, we will prepare this version so that everyone can enjoy it , so please continue to support us...! We will occasionally announce the progress of the book version and the web version on x (twitter)!"

"If you would like, we would appreciate it if you could check it out! We have only given you the release date and an update on our current situation, so we will stop now for today. We hope you will continue to support "Reborn as the Mastermind of the Story"
Dude, thank you so much for the information. I tried searching every where but got nothing sadly

Dex-chan lover
He has a third one His Dryad Mom.

You see his parents from his first life were the Lich and the Dullahan and the Demon Lord was his older sister although non of them were related to each other and just considered themselves as family.

GRlT84laUAA46ul

Later on in the story when they are revived and Ain regains his memories from his first life, it is they who he once again calls his parents and Dryad Mom has been moved to the Girlfriend spot. She later begins to act like one and Ain begins to treat her as such.

So Ain has three waifus Claune, Chris and Mom.
GRlT84jbMAUYX3J
Pretty sure that last bit was implied way back when mom explained his origins to him, that he's not technically a son of hers, since they are Dryads.

Users who are viewing this thread