Mikadono Sanshimai wa Angai, Choroi. - Ch. 108 - An amazing offer.

Dex-chan lover
Very good ending to an otherwise mediocre arc
perhaps_i_treated_you_too_harshly.jpg

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the chapter!
Yuu knows that the true path for him is the Way of the Househusband.
Now that's be fun for a small crossover.

Dex-chan lover
It has already been established that Yuu can't act for shit unless he is around the sisters and not even aware of what he is doing, so acting would have been a shit choice of carreer for him. Also he would still be under his mother's shadow.

Clearly working in a host club is better suited for his talents.
YOU ARE SO REAL SO TRUE YUU HOST CLUB ARC WHEN?????

Dex-chan lover
nah, definitely, he isn't thinking that it was a declaration to him. You won't make me fall for that author-san

Power Uploader
I'm calling it right now. He's going to be a fucking pussy and not even consider getting back into acting.

It's such a shame because that would genuinely be a great way to expand on the "Only son of Ayase Subaru" plot line.

Come on man, this is just too shamelessly predictable. Author had a chance to take a brave turn and try something new but nah let's just do what we always do. Manga authors nowadays becoming like manhwa authors.

Because the idea of a male protagonist realizing that he's happiest as a "cute and supportive softboy househusbando" (and that it's where he's most skilled to boot) instead of a badass chad makes them shortcircuit.

God forbid Yuu actually enjoy cooking and housework and supporting the people he loves.
For real. I remember the Shikimori anime getting a LOT of hate over that and review bombed same for the manga. There's just something about an ML NOT being a put upon loner or being an openly emotional softboy that just instantly brainrots people for some reason. While it would have been interesting and there are ways to workshop it(completely improvise vs straight acting), this feels perfectly fine and in line with him wanting something for himself independent of any relation to his mom and her acting career.

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the new chapter!

I guess the Mikadono Sisters can call this mission accomplished after all. That was a really fun arc. But the sisters should just be careful with Yuu because as time goes on, he is just becoming more of a rizz master. Entering their late teen years might just bring out more of Yuu's charms biologically so they better watch out. :LOL:

Dex-chan lover
Next week, back to the status quo like nothing actually happened!

Note, I think he'd be a terrible actor and don't know why the director even considered it.

But even with the "development" of this arc, it feels like an old school romcom where nothing will actuallt change.

Dex-chan lover
Manga is really losing It within me, i wanted to see his character grow so he could leave their "shadow" even If he doesnt fully commit to acting

Rejecting It just made this milking Beach arc a waste of time besides a unstable progress that could be shut down with a "they like me as a manager so much i even helped them with their acting so they changed the lines to be comfy" or whatever vs

This people, this is the diff between a memorable romcom and some random season romance that doesnt get past S1 anime adapt
The problem with him acting would be that ne would still be letting what other people expect him to be dictate his life. Everyone expects him to be his mother. Those expectations of others are what have made him miserable. The sisters are really the only people who see him as who he is and being their support is who he wants to be.

Dex-chan lover
Because the idea of a male protagonist realizing that he's happiest as a "cute and supportive softboy househusbando" (and that it's where he's most skilled to boot) instead of a badass chad makes them shortcircuit.

God forbid Yuu actually enjoy cooking and housework and supporting the people he loves.
That's one thing, but there's two much better reasons to be annoyed at this:
1) "supporting the people he loves" is not a career and it is exactly what Yuu has been doing all along, so confirming this was unnecessary at best;
2) meeting his two former colleagues was meant as a step in overcoming his complex about acting. It changes nothing about his situation or dynamic with the sisters, but
3) his complex itself is now a moot point, since he seemingly doesn't give a shit about acting anyway;

Conclusion: this entire arc was not only a boring slog, but a monumental waste of time since it set nothing up and had no payoff at all -unless you count a couple of blushes and improvised lines of appreciation and gratitude. Since this isn't a "apgracom" but a romcom, I sure don't

Dex-chan lover
Well… that was a long arc that possibly didn’t quite deliver what it needed to. My hope now is that the next arc has Yuu being more aware of the sisters as possible romantic partners so we can start having some actual progress, even if it’s just a bit

Supporter
The problem with him acting would be that ne would still be letting what other people expect him to be dictate his life. Everyone expects him to be his mother. Those expectations of others are what have made him miserable. The sisters are really the only people who see him as who he is and being their support is who he wants to be.
So don't make a 30 chapter arc themed around Acting if he never cared to come back to begin with, like i said, either commit to innovation or advance the original concept, this arc didn't do either it was a waste of time

Users who are viewing this thread