Miyu-chan wa Zutto Tomodachi - Ch. 7 - Miyu-chan Will Always Be Your Friend

Group Leader
Dang...the story plot is getting crazier. Miyu process of elimination reminds me of the guess who. Thanks for the upload.

giphy.gif
THE FRICKING GIF GOT ME

Dex-chan lover
hope she found out who it is
and while finding out their real personalities and have actual romance between them overtime

Dex-chan lover
Lesbian selfcest yandere let's goooo

Also I like mc development, rather have this than bland heroic mc, like how he doubt if he's value is actually his, maybe we'll see his real selfe shine through as the story progresses, either they good side or bad side

Dex-chan lover
Feel that Yuushin should just accept the Miyu that's in front of him. Things night be easier for him if he does that.
yeah but this fake Miyu doesn't love him back cos she's gay for the real Miyu. Heck she even plans to take revenge on the MC.

Dex-chan lover
I wonder if the twist'll be that Miyu killed Miyu because Miyu didn't love Miyu back.
that's probably the closest possibility so far. let us analyze the closest fact/clue so far:
- Real Miyu moved out to a new place and the new school means a new location that is different from the MC's current residence.
so people near the MC resident can't kill the real Miyu since she moved far away from him, and the fake Miyu targets lives and schools near the MC residence. the real objective we need to analyze is why this fake Miyu goes so far dresses up and pretends to be the exact copy of a real Miyu. is it :
  • Regret?
  • Love her so much to the point she wants to be the real Miyu
  • Copium? Since the real one is gone she becomes like her in order to remind her of the real Miyu?

Dex-chan lover
So the MC being overtly nice is because of real Miyu's influence

If the series goes and explore and develop a bit more of the MC's "real" personality i think he will become more interesting later. Right now he's unlikable and dumb. And since he'a gonna help the fake Miyu i think it will happen
They seriously could have hinted at this development earlier, because two characters with the same fake personality is super interesting. But the author kept emphasizing the MC's dumb nice guy aspect so much that this almost seems like a last minute change.

Dex-chan lover
Damn it Miyu. Now I'm craving Taiyaki and the nearest place is half and hour's drive away from me. And they don't have vanilla either!

Am I the only one that felt disappointed with this? So, let's see:

1. Suddenly everything the MC was until now isn't a real thing anymore so we now have a blank slate of a protagonist with no traits whatsoever (the way the MC was before, "good" person and all that, was not an issue either, could easily have interesting developments by just showing inner conflicts at how the fake Miyu resolves situations, with him starting to see things differently from that)
2. The way the MC thing was explained also felt cheap because of how sudden it was with no building up towards it (and I also agree with one of the previous comments saying it doesn't make much sense), but that's an issue with several things because...
3. The way the previous situation with the fire was dealt with also felt slightly cheap since the author just introduced the lighter thing afterwards. I always felt like "mystery" stuff is more interesting when the fans can figure it out alongside the characters.
4. The whole "he actually didn't like real Miyu at all" also feels nonsensical after the previous chapters and even this one.
5. I fail to see what the MC's place in the story is right now anymore: he doesn't care about the real Miyu, the fake Miyu doesn't like him either, she just likes the real Miyu and he was even a suspect on fake Miyu's list...but now isn't anymore. Why is he even so personally interested in all this if he doesn't care about real Miyu?
6. Making fake Miyu the way this chapter made her is also a pretty bad move in my opinion. It was far more interesting and tense to have fake Miyu be this character that's always on the edge in between "oh she's just messed up" and "actually she's a pretty good person", now instead we're getting a...generic yuri yandere that's going for revenge?

It just feels convoluted with plot twists in a pretty bad way just for the sake of plot twists, I'll be patient and keep going for a few more chapters but if it'll keep being like this, it'll probably lose me.

Do Japanese people still use mail instead of texts nowadays?

I have never sent mail to anyone nor seen anyone else use mails instead of just texting.

Dex-chan lover
Asaka and Gunma are only about 50 miles apart. That's easily close enough to go kill someone and be back the same day.
I think the only friends real Miyu close by are the MC since they're also living close by. and it seems the fake Miyu targets are the real Miyu ex-classmates probably the entire ex-schools too judging on her book.

Dex-chan lover
I think the only friends real Miyu close by are the MC since they're also living close by. and it seems the fake Miyu targets are the real Miyu ex-classmates probably the entire ex-schools too judging on her book.
The point was that distance wasn't a reason to rule anyone out. The distance was more or less a negligible factor for anyone who would've wanted to kill her.

Users who are viewing this thread