Modern Villainess: It’s Not Easy Building a Corporate Empire Before the Crash - Ch. 13 - Grape Juice Lady and Cola Boy

Dex-chan lover
That composition fallacy reminded me of that question in my last job interview. It's about choosing which customer to deal with in that day, the next potential customer to profit off or the previous customer who's dealing with issues on the equipment they purchased the other day. I took the latter as it will entail legal issues if I don't and the former can easily be convinced to meet again another time and I don't have any legal obligation to focus on them as they haven't paid anything yet.

But at least it's not a question about ethics, those questions are hard to answer.

Aggregator gang
Calling Tale of Genji a "Japanese Fairytale" is kind of like saying Macbeth is traditional English Folklore.

Tale of Genji is one of the BIG works of traditional Japanese literature.

Dex-chan lover
I'm a bit worried if the uncle is actually concerned for Runa on pg.8, or he smells an opportunity

I didn't know Not!Toyota was a keiretsu, I just thought they were vertically integrated

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Why is she taking certification exams super early? I thought all her contributions were credited to her staff, in order to hide her intelligence from possible enemies in the family?

Dex-chan lover
Why is she taking certification exams super early? I thought all her contributions were credited to her staff, in order to hide her intelligence from possible enemies in the family?
Probably in preparation for future if she actually lose everything. The qualification would give padding to her CV when she need to look for new career from zero.

That made me thought that that weirdly mature boy is also a reincarnator like her. :huh:
It's just his character in the game story.
If this is the usual noble society setting otome game, he would be that "the smart but cold son of prime minister" capture target stereotype.

Dex-chan lover
Although I see where they were going with it, the way it's being used and defined seems more prisoner's dilemma than composition fallacy.

e.g. a niche pays very well, so everyone chases and gets certified for the niche, but because there are now so many applicants, they drive down the wages and make it no longer well-paying.

Or the modern college trap. It used to be that even a bachelor's degree in whatever was good enough to land you a middle-class job, so everybody flooded into the colleges and got degrees in whatever, but because everyone was doing that, the value of a bachelor's degree, especially in an unrelated area, is basically zero, and now you're in debt the rest of your life.

Oh, and fuckin' RIP, all you adults who are going to get rekt by a literal primary schooler. :notlikethis:

That composition fallacy reminded me of that question in my last job interview. It's about choosing which customer to deal with in that day, the next potential customer to profit off or the previous customer who's dealing with issues on the equipment they purchased the other day. I took the latter as it will entail legal issues if I don't and the former can easily be convinced to meet again another time and I don't have any legal obligation to focus on them as they haven't paid anything yet.

But at least it's not a question about ethics, those questions are hard to answer.
I'm not really sure what's the name of that fallacy, but going after future projected returns and forgetting current revenue and profit trends is a common thing for Equity markets to do. The markets expected Tesla to be a Tech Company that would dominate all car sales in the future rather than a fumbling Car company that's going to be outcompeted by Asian manufacturers everywhere outside the US ran by a CEO who alienated their key customer demographic. And so, many were burned.

Users who are viewing this thread