Modern Villainess: It’s Not Easy Building a Corporate Empire Before the Crash - Vol. 2 Ch. 10 - The Lady's Flight (7)

Dex-chan lover
If I remember correctly, I think it's the map of that world. Remember it's alternative Japan, in that world Japan surrender much earlier. They even kept Taiwan, which is why ROC control (fled to) Manchuria instead. Though I dunno about ROK, but presumably, ROC's manchuria holding means Korean peninsula is surrounded by anti-commie state, so any commie state wouldn't have any time to grow. Maybe reading back on Chapter 1 while holding a 20th century history book could help understand the map.
Yup, I was talking with some folks in an earlier thread about the differences between Runa's world and ours, it seems like there was a lot more Russian immigration to Japan in her VN's world than in reality, and her being a descendant of the Romanovs specifically is starting to come into play. That said even if Japan surrendered early in this timeline I still find it hard to believe they'd be allowed to keep their holdings, America was pretty pissed after Pearl Harbor.

Dex-chan lover
I've been mulling this over for the past few chapters, but this manga feels like one of those stories on Spacebattles where Tanya reincarnates as a something or other

The manga panels certainly remind me of the Tanya manga with all the inset text.
Fr. Like when she became a New York Mafioso or when she pulled off Barbarosa successfully. After all, they're both blonde

Yup, I was talking with some folks in an earlier thread about the differences between Runa's world and ours, it seems like there was a lot more Russian immigration to Japan in her VN's world than in reality, and her being a descendant of the Romanovs specifically is starting to come into play. That said even if Japan surrendered early in this timeline I still find it hard to believe they'd be allowed to keep their holdings, America was pretty pissed after Pearl Harbor.
I can only think of one scenario where this could maybe happen. If the attack on Pearl Harbor destroy or greatly damaged the fuel reserve there, crippling the Pacific Fleets ability to operate for months, then Midway going badly for both the Americans and the Japanese, after which both sides get locked in a short stalemate.

If this were the case, along with a few concessions from the Japanese and a promise to help with the Soviets after the war. I could see the Allies with their Germany first policy maybe accepting a peace deal that keeps more of a pre-war status quo.

Group Leader
I'm interested in the LN but is it hard to read for normal plebs ?
also is this arc is the entire LN vol 1 ?
The LN does not dumb down itself or handholds you, and fully assumes you have an ability to comprehend business, politics and economics terms. On first reading I would consider it medium difficulty, creeping into a hard read. If you're interested in the LN, I suggest taking a look at the reviews on Novelupdates here.

The next manga chapter brings us into the Ch. 3 of LN Vol. 1, while Ch. 2 is dispersed with the interludes.

Dex-chan lover
I can only think of one scenario where this could maybe happen. If the attack on Pearl Harbor destroy or greatly damaged the fuel reserve there, crippling the Pacific Fleets ability to operate for months, then Midway going badly for both the Americans and the Japanese, after which both sides get locked in a short stalemate.

If this were the case, along with a few concessions from the Japanese and a promise to help with the Soviets after the war. I could see the Allies with their Germany first policy maybe accepting a peace deal that keeps more of a pre-war status quo.
Yes, that does make sense. But in that case if the Japanese manage to stalemate the U.S I wonder why they would surrender rather than ask for a peace treaty, even if on terms favorable to the Americans. Does anyone know if the raws say Japan sued for peace rather than "surrendered," unconditionally or otherwise?

Supporter
Hello could any1 help me with 2 questions

1. At what moment was it shown that Runa's parents would just ignore her making huge business decisions as a 10(?) year old through their assets/family name etc?

2. I'm curious on one thing, she sure is smart but why doesn't she consider that the more she changes the present the less the future she knows will end up being the same as the one she directly changed ? Like i hope we start seeing her not relying on it because something happened that should've never since she changed etc

Dex-chan lover
A pervasive problem with this story is that the author doesn't recognize fundamentals. A crisis can be effected by poor financial administration, and indeed that is the principal cause of economic crises. But the information for efficient flow of economic resources (including financial capital) is intrinsically decentralized. Bad debts are mostly a matter of expenditures anticipating demand that wasn't realized. That demand is not a mythic aggregate demand. Demand is not homogenous. Demand for breakfast doesn't mystically become demand for television sets. Building more television sets for people who instead want pancakes will not help the economic system. Bad debt on a large scale is a result of centralized attempts at coördination, causing the wrong things to be made. Intrinsically decentralized information cannot be coördinated in a centralized manner, whether done by the state or by some enormous private firm or by a hybrid institution. The protagonist here is throwing money at an economy miscoördinated by past administrative mistakes; at best she would reinflate old bubbles or create new bubbles.

A pervasive problem with this story is that the author doesn't recognize fundamentals. A crisis can be effected by poor financial administration, and indeed that is the principal cause of economic crises. But the information for efficient flow of economic resources (including financial capital) is intrinsically decentralized. Bad debts are mostly a matter of expenditures anticipating demand that wasn't realized. That demand is not a mythic aggregate demand. Demand is not homogenous. Demand for breakfast doesn't mystically become demand for television sets. Building more television sets for people who instead want pancakes will not help the economic system. Bad debt on a large scale is a result of centralized attempts at coördination, causing the wrong things to be made. Intrinsically decentralized information cannot be coördinated in a centralized manner, whether done by the state or by some enormous private firm or by a hybrid institution. The protagonist here is throwing money at an economy miscoördinated by past administrative mistakes; at best she would reinflate old bubbles or create new bubbles.
inb4 pls recognize paragraph and line break exists

Users who are viewing this thread