Modern Villainess: It’s Not Easy Building a Corporate Empire Before the Crash - Ch. 8 - The Lady's Flight (5)

Crash course history says the ancient times where people did direct barter is a myth. People instead relied on credit and favors.
Well, calling it a Myth is quite a hot take. The term disputed might be appropriate. Besides, while it might be addressed in his book, I still think that a Barter system would be a more believable hypothesis in my view, as it wouldn't need writing, unlike debt (well technically you could but it's harder to keep track of debt without writing), with Temple Economies coming at a close second.

Ok. Thoughts.

"Shared Illusion" huh? That is the key phrase used here. I trust SSS + GN to have indeed translated this correctly. This means that this is the key phrase used by the Manga-ka to express a key idea on explaining what "Money" is and the resulting explanation as to what it boils down to to save Hokkaido Kaitaku Bank.

Interesting choice really. I do not disagree with the choice at all. Makes it easy for peeps to understand.

Overall tho, it is fairly accurate to the LN and I have no complaints. The ability to actually visualize (and probably exaggerated for the benefit of the manga readers by the Manga-ka) how the scenes and facial expressions of each character is doing (Runa's little quip of Tachibana-kun secretly loving sweets/the pudding is cute) is done very well.

While I do agree that the abrupt end of the explanation on things at Pg.12 (pg.13 is the start of a "10K Yen" proposition. Not really too sure if you notice that the pages are numbered and it is actually Pg.12) is a bit jarring, it is not something that would be picked up by regular readers. I feel that it is something that the manga-ka decided to end it on due to page constraints or just wanting to move on to the next step.

At this point, I'll just put my faith in the manga-ka that they will continue to do the source material justice. pray

I would predict that the next chapter will start with a certain press conference featuring
a foreign paid actor (like... actor actor... with a law degree) from the US to act as the spokesperson and "legal advisor" to the Moonlight Fund.
while also laying out how Runa is moving to save Hokkaido Kaitaku Bank (and in return, saving the Economy)

I hadn't looked at the raws or anything beyond what is being shown here Manga-wise. I can't wait to see it!

Onto other things.

The release of SSS Terminal v1.0 seems to be running smooth. I like the uniformity and uniqueness presented to users and readers. I believe that shareholders and those with stakes in the continued standards and readability of the presented offerings will be happy with it too.

Congratulations on securing a new position (employment) in whereever you are now working in. May your time spent with them be fruitful and beneficial for both yourself and the enterprise.

The absolute fumbling of Disney and its massive portfolio of IPs and companies was a writing on the wall. I do have to admit however that I do not think that anyone could have predicted just how bad they managed to fumble it. ABC being up for sale just puts more doubts into its overall future. Along with many other fires that they have, it really brings one wonder as to what is going on over there.

In terms of the rest.... well, I don't have a duck on the race so to say. I don't have a strong opinion one way or another.

Thank you for the work in continually providing consistent quality of TL'd manga we (readers) can come to expect from SSS+GN on this project. I await the next release with baited breath.
We did contemplate if we should use Shared Perception or Shared Fiction, but we decided that those are too complicated compared to Shared Illusion. Runa did Tachibana dirty with her quip haha.

Thank you for your review of SSS Terminal v1.0 and for your well wishes, it's a good workplace, with nice colleagues, couldn't complain.

Reportedly, they also lost money from other parts of their business empire, especially their studios and their streaming services, with the Parks being the only one that is performing well. In that state, I wouldn't want to be in Iger's shoes.

Dex-chan lover
Damn. This is the second group/individual I have seen that is absolutely perfect for a particular manga. Where not only do they do an excellent job translating/localizing the material, they actively add to the story with their own pages.

The HTML style page layout for the terminal is such a great touch.

Why do I feel like that same "Pudding" analogy can be applied to any kind of art piece?

Users who are viewing this thread