Modern Villainess: It’s Not Easy Building a Corporate Empire Before the Crash - Vol. 2 Ch. 10 - The Lady's Flight (7)

Dex-chan lover
Sure WTC collapse will affect world economy even in Japan in this story. But did Afghan War also have some impact in the story?
Yeah, this is a good question. It's not such a big deal but it is interesting to kind of chuckle about the inconsistencies in the history here. I mean by the sounds of how WW2 went in the story's VN timeline, Russia's position would have been so different I have a hard time seeing the Soviet-Afghan war playing out the same way (if it would even happen at all), which would obviously impact 9/11 (due to the changes in Middle Eastern history, politics, etc) down the line.

Dex-chan lover
The LN does not dumb down itself or handholds you, and fully assumes you have an ability to comprehend business, politics and economics terms. On first reading I would consider it medium difficulty, creeping into a hard read. If you're interested in the LN, I suggest taking a look at the reviews on Novelupdates here.
Thanks , I'll try to read it and hopefully can understand the economic things

Aggregator gang
Hello could any1 help me with 2 questions

1. At what moment was it shown that Runa's parents would just ignore her making huge business decisions as a 10(?) year old through their assets/family name etc?

2. I'm curious on one thing, she sure is smart but why doesn't she consider that the more she changes the present the less the future she knows will end up being the same as the one she directly changed ? Like i hope we start seeing her not relying on it because something happened that should've never since she changed etc
1. She has no parents
2. Sure, cold hard logic say that.
Imagine seeing someone drowning in a lake. If you save that person, the future will change.
Runa acknowledge that she is choosing to act, ignoring all consequences.

Dex-chan lover
I already forgot the original premise of this story, and I don't think I can keep up if they add political intrigue on top of that. I know that they're interrelation with each other...
If anything thank you for translating- even if I have trouble understanding most of the concepts, I have a good time reading this series. And this chapter was especially smooth (maybe because it was the resolution lol)

What's up with the 1936 map at the end? (Not entirely since it has RoK)

THE map is so weird that countries included shouldn't be in the same era:
Manchuria
RoK
Japan
RoC
Russia (Sakhalin)
Japanese Taiwan

On another note, im excited with the next arc possibly centered on politics 😍
By the way, the map came from this Investigation of the work. It is not official, as far as I'm aware.

@avicena

I've been mulling this over for the past few chapters, but this manga feels like one of those stories on Spacebattles where Tanya reincarnates as a something or other

The manga panels certainly remind me of the Tanya manga with all the inset text.
That's probably why I liked this one. When I was at uni, I came into contact with the Tanya Anime, and like for some reason, I really liked her character., but especially her thought processes and her passion to hold her beliefs. Runa's charm comes more from her conviction rather than her thought processes, but she does think shrewdly from time to time, and I like that.

Group Leader
potatoawards:

1. At what moment was it shown that Runa's parents would just ignore her making huge business decisions as a 10(?) year old through their assets/family name etc?
1. She has no parents
it is explained later that publically, it is Tachibana and Ichijou that performed all these manouvres, while Runa is nominally the owner. However, a few people later catches onto the fact that it is Runa who's pulling all the strings.

It's Koizumi

Yes, that does make sense. But in that case if the Japanese manage to stalemate the U.S I wonder why they would surrender rather than ask for a peace treaty, even if on terms favorable to the Americans. Does anyone know if the raws say Japan sued for peace rather than "surrendered," unconditionally or otherwise?
As far as I recall, they conditionally surrendered. I don't know how they did that

Dex-chan lover

2. I'm curious on one thing, she sure is smart but why doesn't she consider that the more she changes the present the less the future she knows will end up being the same as the one she directly changed ? Like i hope we start seeing her not relying on it because something happened that should've never since she changed etc
1. She inhereted properties from her dead parents. Those properties are managed by proxies. Those proxies are the ones making all the calls with no one knowing Runa is involved. The family probably ignored the small and medium buyouts, but obviously they are going to going to stick their noses in now that they ate up a big bank

2. Her actions up until now didn't have enough impact up until she ate up the big bank. While butterfly effect is a thing, there is also scooping up water from an ocean. She did consider the possibility that due to her influence, the tech stocks she bought may fail so she isn't ignoring the possibility. Just so far she hasn't triggered the right butterfly to change those events yet

Dex-chan lover
They're not only the two players in the spy game out to get Runa.
No doubts there. Have to figure every medium to large player in financial circles worldwide are spending lots of money trying to figure it out. Then there are the political players, because big money = power (and vice versa) = politics.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
I already forgot the original premise of this story, and I don't think I can keep up if they add political intrigue on top of that. I know that they're interrelation with each other...
If anything thank you for translating- even if I have trouble understanding most of the concepts, I have a good time reading this series. And this chapter was especially smooth (maybe because it was the resolution lol)
I’m actually excited for this new storyline. Economics and finance are not my thing, and often the chapters feel more like an economics lecture than an actual story. I already liked the premise of this alternative world’s history, and this feels like the first time they’re utilising the potential of this for great drama.

Supporter
1. She has no parents
2. Sure, cold hard logic say that.
Imagine seeing someone drowning in a lake. If you save that person, the future will change.
Runa acknowledge that she is choosing to act, ignoring all consequences.
1. By parents i don't mean just Mom/Dad i mean Niece, Uncle, Grandmas etc
2. The thing for me isn't the ignoring the consequence of her actions, but starting new actions thinking they'll fit a future that wasn't warped while warping it prior

Users who are viewing this thread