Modern Villainess: It’s Not Easy Building a Corporate Empire Before the Crash - Vol. 2 Ch. 9 - The Lady's Flight (6)

Dex-chan lover
Also @Manchura , while you are saying the truth in terms of the circumstances surrounding the actions of factions around her, she is at the core a good person that (in this point in time) would like to save as many people as possible from the negative effects of the crisis being averted through her actions. I feel like you are equating her to a merciless manipulator from your words when it is far from the truth. It is mostly really the circumstances that surround her that makes her act in such ways while keeping her goals in the situation and life in mind. She actually does have a plan to pay off the "debt" she owes for the special loans given to her from the BOJ. It involves the dotCom bubble.

Your words also gives quite the conspiracy theorist vibe that it tickles me in a funny way. While looking at it it does make sense, it just gives off that observer's humor that one has when seeing someone rant wildly about a conspiracy they researched and is clearly passionate about/convinced is true.

I mean no disrespect of course. Considering I do not know if it is true or not, I can't say one way or another if your words are true or just one's interpretation of the events in the past. I err at the side of caution and just leave it at that.

Whew. I typed out quite a bit. Can't help but do so tho lol.
she can still be good but also a cutthroat manipulator for capital gain, not the first time in history a Rockefeller has existed to manipulate political, social, and economic systems for personal gain with good will expansion to others
Governments also don't gain from social media at all. The opposite. Before when you had mostly major media outlets, the government could easily get a few people onboard. With social media it becomes impossible to control the narrative. Even the major media outlets become harder to control because they risk losing audience to social media if they don't pamper to their bases.
after everything that has gone on, all the gaslighting and manipulation, the constant record leaks of organizations like the DoD and FBI being in bed with higher level moderation decision makers at these companies,
you-sure-about-that-i-think-you-should-leave-with-tim-robinson.gif

So what I understand they effectively did was say they had a loan for 1 million but realistically could only get 500k for it. Instead of marking that 500k loss, during reverse merger the new company only sees the loan worth 500k, not 1 million. Thus they wiped it from their books. Of course they would still have to pay somebody for the money in monthly payments, and they used the boj loan as a bridge until they can cash out on the unrealized assets to cover their losses

Of course this only works since the companies are medium sized cause they would risk the yen being attacked if they were big. Thus probably why they are buying the big bank through a foreign firm
Oh, yeah, that's probably how those losses get wiped out. Quite the exploit.

Though on the second hand, why they used an American company is that:
Most of their money is in the MLF, and the money they do have in Far Eastern Group isn't sufficient to buy Hokkaido Kaitaku. If they try to transfer their Dollar earnings to Yen.

First, the'll reveal that they're tied with the MLF to most people beyond the MOF Backdoors. Second, if they exchanged those dollars, they would crash the yen, therefore reducing their capital. So they simply bought it in Dollars. Or so I think?

Dex-chan lover
Most of their money is in the MLF, and the money they do have in Far Eastern Group isn't sufficient to buy Hokkaido Kaitaku. If they try to transfer their Dollar earnings to Yen.

First, the'll reveal that they're tied with the MLF to most people beyond the MOF Backdoors. Second, if they exchanged those dollars, they would crash the yen, therefore reducing their capital. So they simply bought it in Dollars. Or so I think?

If I remember right, the way that Tachibana and Ichijou set it up is this way:

Instead of directly bringing in currency in dollars and convert it into yen (which will have huge implications as you point out and then some lol), they took out massive loans from other banks and those were paid out via their dollars in MLF through those said bank's NY/NA branches.

A bit of a runabout way of doing things but it lessens the risk. This is also how they can say that all the money used on these transactions are "local". Quite smart, no?

In the future, after the currency debacle, they will use Russian Oil to transfer that dollar value into yen. The specifics on how that goes down is fun and very interesting. I wonder if I mentioned how Runa-chan being part-russian in blood (Romanov royalty blood to boot) will be a key point?

Aggregator gang
That last page really summarizes the madness of Runa-chan.

Let's dump billions to save a nation economy.

It's not like the money will return. No. It will be gone. All left is a shell of a company. Most people would see it as trash

Any sane financial advisor will be mad seeing billions of yen just wasted without any apparent gain.

Yes, we are reading 7 year old girl with saviour complex. Or madness. Or benevolence. Whatever you call it, I am in for it.

Aforementioned LN illustration that depicts Runa with more solemn expression:

Dex-chan lover
You say that, but when she invests everything she has 20 years later into bitcoin, a lot of people are going to take her very seriously

Aggregator gang
You say that, but when she invests everything she has 20 years later into bitcoin, a lot of people are going to take her very seriously
She is just going to cash out early and get out from the game.

Dex-chan lover
Of course, the major weakness of this approach -- though brilliant -- is going to be without a doubt the yen-dollar exchange rate. No such thing as a free lunch and all that. Note that a lot of the funding is coming from not only the BOJ but also a hefty amount is coming from her foreign currency reserves. And with the major Japanese firms showing weakness and the Japanese central bank bankrolling huge writeoffs, they've got to be very careful the yen itself doesn't severely destabilize.

Dex-chan lover
She is just going to cash out early and get out from the game.
If you get in early and cash out 10% at $1000 each, then 40% at $10,000 each, you are richer than you ever have to be for 3 generations

Dex-chan lover

So it was that huh? I'm glad that I was right lol
Of course, the major weakness of this approach -- though brilliant -- is going to be without a doubt the yen-dollar exchange rate. No such thing as a free lunch and all that. Note that a lot of the funding is coming from not only the BOJ but also a hefty amount is coming from her foreign currency reserves. And with the major Japanese firms showing weakness and the Japanese central bank bankrolling huge writeoffs, they've got to be very careful the yen itself doesn't severely destabilize.

I already explained as to how they managed to do their tender offer without involving the dollar->yen exchange rate.

There is also the fact that the BOJ is set to acquire Far Eastern Bank, Hokkaido Kaitaku Bank, and the recently merged Sankai Securities as collateral for this special loan to be done. MLF (and by extension Runa-chan and co) isn't doing the take over with the intention of having control over management.

In all honesty, the BOJ is set to have control over a major bank and others by being part of this strategy to save the Japanese economy. Not only will they get control over these things, but they will also have an example for others to follow so that the wider economy can save themselves too.

Nationalization without nationalizing really. The people in this world aren't your typical stupid idiots that is common in anime/manga but are patterned with "real people" who understand a good thing when it is slapping them in the face.

With the goal of averting a complete financial collapse (which only Runa-chan knows what kind of far reaching consequence it will have in truth but others will have the theoretical knowledge of what it is in the BOJ) ensuring that this goes through properly and having everyone around them lined up like ducks to make sure it goes smoothly is very very key.

They cannot afford for any mistakes. This ensures that people will do what is needed so the economy is relatively stable while this goes down. They are not incompetent people after all.

Oh, fun fact. Being seen as competent/not being seen as incompetent is a key factor.

Fun fun.

Key words:

Romanov Blood

Asian Currency Crisis.

Russia

The US

Hedge Funds

Keika Bank get~!

I wouldn't want to directly spoil things now~

Dex-chan lover
That last page really summarizes the madness of Runa-chan.

Let's dump billions to save a nation economy.

It's not like the money will return. No. It will be gone. All left is a shell of a company. Most people would see it as trash

Any sane financial advisor will be mad seeing billions of yen just wasted without any apparent gain.

Yes, we are reading 7 year old girl with saviour complex. Or madness. Or benevolence. Whatever you call it, I am in for it.

To be honest, she has a lot to gain here. You might see it as wasting billions in the trash, but let me ask you this. What is the difference between someone who has 1 billion and 100 billion? Both are more money than they know what to do with. The answer is simple, influence. And more money let's you have more influence. Most rich don't even spend money but credit instead

So let us see here, she isn't just wasting money but buying influence. She is getting an awesome deal of buying up companies larger than hers at bargain bin prices and cornering the market. All while gaining favors from the government.

On top of that if other banks were to collapse, hers will likely suffer as well due to the panic

So while it may be a bit of saviour complex, it's also an opportunity for her to become filthy rich and gain huge influence

It isn't a problem since these are small and medium sized firms. It would be a problem if Hakaido who is a large firm were to go under, that would collapse the currency. Which is why she is doing it through foreign company so it just seems like an aquisition

Aggregator gang
To be honest, she has a lot to gain here. You might see it as wasting billions in the trash, but let me ask you this. What is the difference between someone who has 1 billion and 100 billion? Both are more money than they know what to do with. The answer is simple, influence. And more money let's you have more influence. Most rich don't even spend money but credit instead

So let us see here, she isn't just wasting money but buying influence. She is getting an awesome deal of buying up companies larger than hers at bargain bin prices and cornering the market. All while gaining favors from the government.

On top of that if other banks were to collapse, hers will likely suffer as well due to the panic

So while it may be a bit of saviour complex, it's also an opportunity for her to become filthy rich and gain huge influence

It isn't a problem since these are small and medium sized firms. It would be a problem if Hakaido who is a large firm were to go under, that would collapse the currency. Which is why she is doing it through foreign company so it just seems like an aquisition
That's true, but what differentiates Runa is her method.

If one just want to get bigger assets, there is another more efficient approach. The heartless method.
Just wait until the company bankrupt and dissolved, and buy the leftover ruins. You can get them cheaper, clean without debt, and use it to make brand new company.

In fact, this is the most common approach. That's why there is a term "vulture funds", They make business of buying failing companies.
Of course this has negative effects all around, notably with the human employees.

Yes, you are right about influence. We will see that later.

Dex-chan lover
That's true, but what differentiates Runa is her method.

If one just want to get bigger assets, there is another more efficient approach. The heartless method.
Just wait until the company bankrupt and dissolved, and buy the leftover ruins. You can get them cheaper, clean without debt, and use it to make brand new company.

In fact, this is the most common approach. That's why there is a term "vulture funds", They make business of buying failing companies.
Of course this has negative effects all around, notably with the human employees.

Yes, you are right about influence. We will see that later.
That only works if you are dealing with small or medium businesses, at best a large business in some obscure sector. Finance on the otherhand is the building block of economies. It is like living in an aparment building and hoping to buy it cheap once the first floor collapses.

If that bank goes bankrupt, so will her bank. There is a reason why "too big to fail" is a thing

Even if we ignore that and you somehow bought it out once it goes bankrupt, all its assets may have long been liquidated prior. Thus you may even lose your oppertunity to have the bank pay for itself and lose oppertunity to gain influence and have government officials owe you in the future

Being heartless means you dont care about emotion and focus on your goal. Not do illogical things just for the sake of being heartless

Dex-chan lover
she can still be good but also a cutthroat manipulator for capital gain, not the first time in history a Rockefeller has existed to manipulate political, social, and economic systems for personal gain with good will expansion to others

after everything that has gone on, all the gaslighting and manipulation, the constant record leaks of organizations like the DoD and FBI being in bed with higher level moderation decision makers at these companies,
you-sure-about-that-i-think-you-should-leave-with-tim-robinson.gif
Yeah, we call what governments do with social media "non-monetary gains"

I wish more manga went into more detail on things the author is passionate about. The writing at the start of the story was weak, but the quick shift into economics elevated the work to a very good level.

Users who are viewing this thread