Modern Villainess: It’s Not Easy Building a Corporate Empire Before the Crash - Vol. 2 Ch. 9 - The Lady's Flight (6)

Dex-chan lover
I cannot understand any of this economic stuff at all but thanks SSS.

Though I do kind of wonder if messing with history like this might have unintended consequences for our heroine thanks to the butterfly effect. As awful as Japan's economic collapse in the 90s may have been, I wonder if reviving it during that time period might instead lead to an even bigger crash, or political instability, or something down the line.

Dex-chan lover
I don't understand anything about this manga because I'm an IT, not an Economic/Accounting or anything related to the plot. But goddamn this manga is good, but also any chapter probably takes a lot of effort. Thanks SSS! :win: :LOL:

Dex-chan lover

Though I do kind of wonder if messing with history like this might have unintended consequences for our heroine thanks to the butterfly effect. As awful as Japan's economic collapse in the 90s may have been, I wonder if reviving it during that time period might instead lead to an even bigger crash, or political instability, or something down the line.
It's an alternate history Japan in the first place, so if something changes, it's not necessarily her fault.

Dex-chan lover
Ah, SSS+GN finally released it. Thank you very much for the work and TL put forth into the chapter. Very much appreciated!

Rapid Fire thoughts on little nuggets of details that are really just throw aways:

That is some PERFECT spoonfuls of pudding. Makes me want to have some pudding.

My condolences to those affected by Charles Thomas Munger's passing.

HAHAHAHA. Official EN LN translation indeed uses "Corporate Bouncers". I saw the TL note and confirmed it right away.

Hahaha, "Ah... Its Joever!!". Nice.

Virtual Pudding and Grape Juice? Tempting. However, I prefer apple juice myself. Ringo Juice!

Alright, onto actual thoughts.

Before typing this, I wanted to make sure I had all my ducks in a row so to speak. 5 pages and a few lines (roughly) is used to produce 20 pages of manga that expounds a lot more detail on what is going on (with work on your people's side to translate it) leading up to the Moonlight Fund's Tender Offer for Hokkaido Kaitaku Bank. What a journey.

There is really nothing to think about in terms of the chapter itself. It is more of an information dump and expounding piece to detail out how Runa-chan and her "guardians" work towards the plan to save Japan's Economy and the people who get affected by what would have happed if she didn't do so.

I feel like I am just repeating the same sentiment over and over; As a LN reader, I delight on seeing the art and details put forth in Manga form in a work that I already consume via text. It really does allow for a more detailed and "consumer friendly" medium for people to partake in it. So for those who still can't get it, the LN will just make you more lost.... Or just really do an "Oh, ok." without really knowing what's going on... Who's to say really...

At Page 20, Runa grasping at the sky triggered a memory in me. Looking into the LN, I see the same pose done in a different angle and different expression/interpretation. In the manga, it is more of a "cartoony" look of "I have got this!" and "Victory!" feeling alongside the "I have this in my grasp!" reminiscent to Shounen's classic victory expression. In the LN, the expression is more... melancholic. The picture illustrated in the LN evoke these statements: "Thank god I managed to do this!", "I managed to save a lot of people...", "People don't have to suffer... Thank god.". Alongside the whole evocation of "I have victory/my desired outcome in my grasp." but with a more "yokatta..." smile. Maybe that is what is supposed to be copied? No idea. I might be overthinking it.

I don't really have a strong feeling or thoughts in regards to the end note's subjects. I do have some mild thoughts on them but nothing worthwhile to really go into depth on. The only one I find to be worth pointing out is the fact that real life stuff is one that any reader will understand to be a priority and if needed, we'll wait for them to be resolved in a satisfactory manner before going back to doing work on the next chapter. You all have my thanks (once again) for doing this for us.

Now... MAYBE I CAN SEE THE PAID ACTOR AT THE NEXT CHAPTER, YES?! HAHAHAHAAHAHA~

I'm amused on how such an interview with that paid actor will have very far reaching consequences for Runa-chan and everything she touches.

... Details? Oh, but that's spoilers my friends~

Ok, thoughts over. I await the next chapter with baited breath!

... Maybe I should join the discord?

Dex-chan lover
I understand what the MC does but in another's hand, I also don't understand... I hate my low-capacity brain. I wonder how the other MC in another novel revived the economy so easily?
basically, other manga is an oversimplification of the matter. a "what if there is no other element inplay other than the MC".

this is more realistic.

Dex-chan lover
I understand what the MC does but in another's hand, I also don't understand... I hate my low-capacity brain. I wonder how the other MC in another novel revived the economy so easily?
Which other novel? does it have a manga serialization?

Remember that this world of theirs is from an Otome game (wow, ain't that a flip when you consider the main themes of the work itself LOLOL) that closely resembles "modern japan".

So in terms of your thoughts in the butterfly effect... Well, honestly speaking, it will be the same conjecture you'll have to do on the "what-ifs" in the real world. No one really knows nor can really answer it lol.

However, just like with any potential figures in history, they will be noted as to have done "X Y Z deeds".... just like what happens with Runa-chan in the future.

After all, to the characters in this work, this is their "reality" and there isn't any "what ifs" beyond "oh, this could have been bad..."

Which reverse merger was that in the 2000s?
And ain't this ultimately meant using (some?) tax payer money to bail out a private bank?

Pg 16: 'compicated' -> 'complicated'
@SiliconSignatureSwissChair

BOJ's Special Loan is indeed a bail out. But considering that approving this loan will mitigate a bigger problem that will cause a lot of damages...

This ain't the typical stupid dunderheads from manga/anime... They're modeled after "real people" and can understand that doing preventative things (especially when outlined infront of them in almost black-and-white) is the best choice vs letting stuff fall.

Wow, I don't know there's accounting hack like this

Won't work anymore at the "current time" because it is now more regulated and scrutinized. Even the work has pointed out that this "hack" only really works during "this era".

Dex-chan lover
Mad Respect for the translator
giphy.webp

My brain was already hard pressed trying to understand your english translation, I can't imagine how hard it was translating all that.

Dex-chan lover
BOJ's Special Loan is indeed a bail out. But considering that approving this loan will mitigate a bigger problem that will cause a lot of damages...

This ain't the typical stupid dunderheads from manga/anime... They're modeled after "real people" and can understand that doing preventative things (especially when outlined infront of them in almost black-and-white) is the best choice vs letting stuff fall.
Oh, for sure, bwt letting the economy go bye bye and wasting a bit of money, ofc the latter choice is obv.

Do you mean in Realist Hero? I guess he had the benefit of fixing a pretty simple economy, atleast compared to our modern one. Like, it's easy to improve your economy when you only need more infrastructure to build, not carefully dismantling an economic bubble without it blowing the nation apart.

Due to the efforts of a temporary consultant, M4. Here's a summary of the chapter.

Ichiyama has a mountain of hidden debt that is enough to bankrupt sankai (runa's firm) if they decide to merge. so to counter it, runa gathers accountants to recalculate (update) the prices of the assets owned by both firms once theyre absorbed. by updating the prices, they can turn assets that seem like they are a loss into something thats at least saveable (for example, you buy a car for 10,000 dollars, but in the years since the price people would pay for those cars have risen to 20,000. but within your balance sheet, it is still listed at 10,000 dollars. by recalculating the price, you've added an additional 10,000 to your balance in unrealized gains (profit but the profit isnt in your pockets yet until you sell, ie "realizing" the profit). in addition, theyll need to take whatever loans/assets that are so bad that its unsaveable and give it to a government entity to sell it off (at a steep loss).

however, that isnt enough to cover the losses of ichiyama securities, so they need to borrow more money from the government (technically it is a bailout however the money still needs to be repaid). the issue is, since ichiyama is buried under debt, the bank of japan cant lend to them without facing criticism (more debt = riskier to continue giving debt, since there is more debts, there is a higher chance the firm wont be able to pay it). however, by borrowing the money under sankai securities, the BoJ can say that theyre loaning to someone theyve already approved, thus making it harder to condemn them. the BoJ loan is a special loan that can be repaid whenever the firm desires, and has a 0% interest rate. its meant as a bailout and a way to draw less criticism, as theres hope that by lending the money, the firm will bounce back and repay that loan, resulting in little to no loss for the BoJ

Well, that might be plausible, if the companies don't improve their act. For example, as Credit Suisse was not greatly affected by the GFC, unlike UBS, the company culture remained the same. This probably led to their decline and implosion recently. But I have full faith and trust that Runa will change their corporate culture massively.

Users who are viewing this thread