Modern Villainess: It’s Not Easy Building a Corporate Empire Before the Crash - Vol. 2 Ch. 9 - The Lady's Flight (6)

Dex-chan lover
Soo we aren't gonna address the joever part? Ok.
I blazed trough all the comments but my tired, bank tweaked, grape juice filled brain did not find any notes of this.

Alright, onto actual thoughts.

Before typing this, I wanted to make sure I had all my ducks in a row so to speak. 5 pages and a few lines (roughly) is used to produce 20 pages of manga that expounds a lot more detail on what is going on (with work on your people's side to translate it) leading up to the Moonlight Fund's Tender Offer for Hokkaido Kaitaku Bank. What a journey.

There is really nothing to think about in terms of the chapter itself. It is more of an information dump and expounding piece to detail out how Runa-chan and her "guardians" work towards the plan to save Japan's Economy and the people who get affected by what would have happed if she didn't do so.

I feel like I am just repeating the same sentiment over and over; As a LN reader, I delight on seeing the art and details put forth in Manga form in a work that I already consume via text. It really does allow for a more detailed and "consumer friendly" medium for people to partake in it. So for those who still can't get it, the LN will just make you more lost.... Or just really do an "Oh, ok." without really knowing what's going on... Who's to say really...

At Page 20, Runa grasping at the sky triggered a memory in me. Looking into the LN, I see the same pose done in a different angle and different expression/interpretation. In the manga, it is more of a "cartoony" look of "I have got this!" and "Victory!" feeling alongside the "I have this in my grasp!" reminiscent to Shounen's classic victory expression. In the LN, the expression is more... melancholic. The picture illustrated in the LN evoke these statements: "Thank god I managed to do this!", "I managed to save a lot of people...", "People don't have to suffer... Thank god.". Alongside the whole evocation of "I have victory/my desired outcome in my grasp." but with a more "yokatta..." smile. Maybe that is what is supposed to be copied? No idea. I might be overthinking it.

I don't really have a strong feeling or thoughts in regards to the end note's subjects. I do have some mild thoughts on them but nothing worthwhile to really go into depth on. The only one I find to be worth pointing out is the fact that real life stuff is one that any reader will understand to be a priority and if needed, we'll wait for them to be resolved in a satisfactory manner before going back to doing work on the next chapter. You all have my thanks (once again) for doing this for us.

Now... MAYBE I CAN SEE THE PAID ACTOR AT THE NEXT CHAPTER, YES?! HAHAHAHAAHAHA~

I'm amused on how such an interview with that paid actor will have very far reaching consequences for Runa-chan and everything she touches.

... Details? Oh, but that's spoilers my friends~

Ok, thoughts over. I await the next chapter with baited breath!

... Maybe I should join the discord?
Anyways, we do have a set date to release 10 in mid-January, but due to labour shortages, we've decided to first release 9.5 as a present in Boxing Day. So, apologies.

In the original raws, it is "Owari da", but I could understand the parallels to the LN's Yokkata moment. I honestly share the same thoughts as well.

Sure, the discord is fun. Anyways Happy Christmas!

Users who are viewing this thread