Moto Ansatsusha, Tensei Shite Kizoku no Reijou ni Narimashita - Vol. 1 Ch. 4.2 - Tigur (2)

Dex-chan lover
Agreed. If she was a commoner, then it's all the more reason to put in extra effort in her studies to get better results, to better herself. Instead she just play the victim card every time she's told to study. When her skill's put to test, and she failed to pass the test, she'll definitely gonna say that her step sister's bullying her or some other fake accusations against her.
In society, there are some people like her, doing defamations here and there. All you have to do is to ask for a solid hard evidence.
Well, generation Z...

Dex-chan lover
Funnily enough, this is what a fair few duchesses and the like point out during the usual engagement annulment in short stories on Syosetu, even without them being reincarnated assassins.

"I'm a duchess, potato girl. Why would I bother ripping up textbooks when I can frame you, or have you killed, or kill you socially so thoroughly that even your fellow commoners won't talk to you for the rest of your days?"

But for longer stories, even though it makes little (not no, but little) sense, her still being alive, entitled, and annoying is what drives the plot forward.
Honestly, when reading these kinds of villainess stories, I can’t help but loathe the trope where the illegitimate daughter or even the adopted one seeks to push the legitimate one out of the picture.

They’re evil deeds or jealousy and inferiority only ends up getting them what’s coming to them. Like Fermina or Lily (from the manga about a man isekaiEd as a baby dragon) especially the latter. An entitled and delusional bitch through her core.

Dex-chan lover
So what, you were a commoner? Does that excuse you from putting more effort? Look at Tigur, he was more unfortunate than you were. A slave with injuries here and there, near dead even. And he is putting more effort than you, not even procrastinating once. Stop playing that victim card when someone's pointing out the problem with you. Pathetic loser! It isn't fortune nor misfortune, it's about effort and faith. Only those two things can change fortune & misfortune.
Once she reaches society this act of hers will only garner her more derision and enemies. If you enter such a high society without gathering the required knowledge and skills, you’re certain to rub someone the wrong way.

Plus, I think she was cozying up to a member of royalty in the next chapter. (He also happens to look like the knight from Serena’s previous life)

This kid needs a series of real strong life lessons.

Dex-chan lover
Honestly, when reading these kinds of villainess stories, I can’t help but loathe the trope where the illegitimate daughter or even the adopted one seeks to push the legitimate one out of the picture.

They’re evil deeds or jealousy and inferiority only ends up getting them what’s coming to them. Like Fermina or Lily (from the manga about a man isekaiEd as a baby dragon) especially the latter. An entitled and delusional bitch through her core.

I definitely agree, it can get wearing pretty fast. It only helps slightly that, very often, that same jealousy and/or insecurity applies to the fiancee too.

The devil's very much in the details with these stories when it comes to whether it hits or misses with me. Sometimes, it's the schadenfraude, or, more accurately, the scale thereof. Sometimes, it's the fact that the story actually engages with the consequences of the oncoming tragedy. Sometimes, it's the unique circumstances or interesting subversions ("I'm annulling this enagement because you're a body double!" "BUT YOU ARE TOO!" being a fine example). And sometimes, such as Ringoame Tsuin's "The Villainess' Drill Hair Was A Charged Particle Cannon", sheer amounts of madcap gay batshittery, packed into a short.

Yes, you read that title right. Yes, I want it turned into a story in a ZERO-SUM anthology.

Contributor
I had a feeling he was becoming a butler, and now he is. This really does feel like the usual "protagonist picks up a weak slave who becomes his maid" but with genderswapping applied. Considering how Rosemary is being coddled by everyone around her except her stepsister and her stepdad, I don't expect her to get better any time soon. She'll probably only keep getting worse until Serena is forced to do something again.

Users who are viewing this thread