Ore Igai Dare mo Saishu Dekinai Sozai na no ni "Sozai Saishuritsu ga Hikui" to Pawahara suru Osananajimi Renkinjutsushi to Zetsuen shita Senzoku Mado…

Dex-chan lover
What was written on the paper:

When I was rummaging through the item box, a piece of paper that I don't remember fell to the ground.

"What is this?"

Written on the paper was, "Curry for dinner tonight, please."

Putting my hand on my chin and thinking for a moment, I remembered that it was the paper Ruby had put in just before she left the atelier.

At that time, I was so frustrated that I didn't even check it once, but I wonder if this was written.

It looks like Ruby.

I have low expectations of this. I am fine with an OP mc. Or even one with DSM issues like lowered self-worth due to abuse. Or willingness to cope with abusive friend out of dependency.

But not one that is so idiotically detached from reality to not realize their abilities vastly exceed the norm. Low EQ is tolerable, and can lead to some deep psychologically-driven plots. Low IQ is infuriating, and a sign of terrible world building.

...and the problem is authors cannot write a character (or scenario) more intelligent than themselves, or their own knowledge.

Dex-chan lover
Why we are given garbage like this and people still read it ? Who are those people who are waiting for the next chapter with exception, we all have different things we like, but please respect yourself and ask for more quality manga, because if we continue to read those bad manga, it's all we gonna have in the future.

Dex-chan lover
Later-on she seemingly gets handcuffed and kidnapped for some reason or another

So, having skimmed the side chapters since this didn't sound right...

Due to her screwing up, she commits insurance fraud on her own office to dodge contracts she arrogantly took and can no longer fulfill, runs off after trying to gaslight a literal "former hero party" replacement mage (that the Queen herself secretly petitioned behind the scenes for her), ignores royal summons feigning a stomachache, flees the capital, when stories of her true nature come out in the press: evades a formal arrest warrant by knights, and then is finally arrested after making equipment for (in-universe legal equivalent of) terrorism.

So, no, I'd say "some reason or another" is vastly skipping over some important details.

So this heads as poorly as I thought it would. It's not nuanced in its delivery (at least in the side stories) at all.

Atelier Tanaka (the translated LN) is a better far better read. And highlights the "low EQ" vs "low IQ" story disparity I cited before about good storytelling and world building.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Wild how what was once a kind of new way of looking at the genre has already become formulaic. This one however lacks any kind of real emotional impact as the others have had in this. We are down from actual care that was warped into her giving him scraps and using him as a stepping stone to glory.

Boring.

Dex-chan lover
I dont understand where you see that i blame the USA for Sono Bisque Doll... I'm literaly blaming a publisher for using the name a 'murican fantrad came up with.
Also, Bisque Doll is not translated into "dress-up doll" it's translated into Bisque Doll... yeah i know it's crazy, mind blowing even. No one would've through that there could be a Japanese that would use a word that already exist in English.

Still, it's funny that you use this ONE exemple to try and make it look like i bash the USA and ignore all the other exemple that exist of the USA making up absurd name for Manga. What's your explaination for Battle Angel Alita? You're going to say that Gumnn is translated into "Battle angel Alita?"
It's not you making examples that I meant by bashing lol. It's when you say shit like this.
France use "Sexy Cosplay Doll" because the publisher "Kana" is trash and use the English translation.
When French adaptation use trash name it's simply because the publisher as dumb as hell and use the 'murican name instead of the Japanese one.
There's so many things wrong with this statement. The fact that you're using Murican already comes off as offensive. I still don't know where you got "US fantrad" came up with the name and even then, why are you using that as an example rather than the official publisher name? Just cause it's an English translation doesn't automatically mean it's the US as the US isn't the only country that speaks English.

That's not even taking account of the whole English titles bad thing you have going on. It's not unreasonable for a publisher to use English or the native language of the country rather than Japanese/Romanji titles. Sure some might not be the best as seen as with the French title but you can at least understand what it means. Unlike Mangadex where you can browse for free, a published manga is often made to sell. How do you expect people to be interested in a manga to buy if you can't even understand the title? If it weren't for the novelty of this being first chapter how interested would you have been if this title showed up as "Ore Igai Dare mo Saishu Dekinai Sozai na no ni "Sozai Saishuritsu ga Hikui" to Pawahara suru Osananajimi Renkinjutsushi to Zetsuen shita Senzoku Madoushi, Henkyou no Machi de Slow Life wo Okuritai" rather than Englsih? *Welp they literally just changed it to that lmao. Either way most people wouldn't be able to understand what it meant.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
oh this plot is quite familiar. His ex-lover is probably hiding all his potential and achievement so no one can approach him. Kinda like obsessive childhood friend.
If it turned out that she just tried to manipulate her ex-boyfriend for her personal achievement, then this is too generic and I'll drop it.

Dex-chan lover
Like gorore said, it'll probably be that way. By the time it happens though, he'll probably be more successful and in such a position, he can just tell Ruby to sod off.
He will be in that position, but as we all know about 99% of isekai mc, they are beta cucks

Dex-chan lover
Is this going to be like a sword master childhood friend power harassed me harshly so I broke off our relationship andake a fresh start at the frontier as a magic swordsman and banished sage?

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover

Due to her screwing up, she commits insurance fraud on her own office to dodge contracts she arrogantly took and can no longer fulfill, runs off after trying to gaslight a literal "former hero party" replacement mage (that the Queen herself secretly petitioned behind the scenes for her), ignores royal summons feigning a stomachache, flees the capital, when stories of her true nature come out in the press: evades a formal arrest warrant by knights, and then is finally arrested after making equipment for (in-universe legal equivalent of) terrorism.

So, no, I'd say "some reason or another" is vastly skipping over some important details.

So this heads as poorly as I thought it would. It's not nuanced in its delivery (at least in the side stories) at all.

Atelier Tanaka (the translated LN) is a better far better read. And highlights the "low EQ" vs "low IQ" story disparity I cited before about good storytelling and world building.
Atelier Ryza is still the best ( THICC )!!!

Dex-chan lover
in the end i skimmed the WN to know what happened to ruby, since in this kind of story i am always more interested to what happened to the one who wronged the mc
after looking her latest side story in the WN, im curious what kind of redemption arc will happen to her since she finally want to change into better person

That's hilarious ngl

Editor: "So it's basically just like every other 'I was kicked out of the hero party/treated like crap by everyone
And for some reason the party can't just be normal human beings who think he should leave because they're worried about him getting himself killed. No, they have to be one-dimensional bullies who think anybody who's weak is worthless.

Dex-chan lover
And for some reason the party can't just be normal human beings who think he should leave because they're worried about him getting himself killed. No, they have to be one-dimensional bullies who think anybody who's weak is worthless.

There was another series that I started reading that looked like it was going to do that and follow the perspective of the party instead of the kicked-out guy, but:

a) Almost as soon as he was kicked out and it was revealed to us that they did it for his own safety they immediately drop all pretense of caring about that to start a somewhat creepy replacement relationship where the lead hero girl (who was the other guy's childhood friend and it was implied they had feelings for one another) starts becoming attracted to the older secondary fighter guy that's still in the party because now she's too weak to fight on her own without the other guy and his support magic.

and

b) the kicked-out guy discovers his ultimate power and seems to just straight away become a massive asshole who's gonna show everyone he's not weak and it kind of looks like it's setting him up to be a villain they'll have to vanquish.

I think I made it through 2 chapters and decided that was enough.

I have learned though that all these shonen action manga with self-insert viewpoint characters who are downtrodden losers that find ways to discover themselves (heroes with ultimate power after being kicked out of a party, real world nobodies who are isekai'd, overworked people who end up on their own and discover that they're more skilled than they were led to believe, etc) seem to rely on everyone else in the world being jerks because it's loser otaku wish fulfillment. The audience they're trying to reach are kids who are bullied for being weak or weirdos, or salary drones mistreated by their companies, or meek dudes being strung along by their "friends" or significant others. So having the chance for all those jerks to be shown the error of their ways when the noble hero rises up and puts them in their place is supposed to be part of the fantasy, I think. It's repetitive and annoying and kind of sad but it's the angle they go for and we've just got to take it with any story that we think is worth enduring the nonsense for.

Users who are viewing this thread