Osananajimi no Ohimesama - Vol. 4 Ch. 37

Dex-chan lover
Im pretty sure hinaki is a fragment of us, the readers. I mean she kept saying what i would like to say to shunsuke lol (except when she goes dere²)

Dex-chan lover
That ending doesn't match her character at all. We have 30+ issues of "I only care about myself" where she forces her ideals on everyone around her. She pretends to be peoples friends just to get close and get the "Scoop" on her love life.

"I give you permission to be selfish" of course she phrases it like that. Now take that permission and run as far and fast as you can before she changes her mind.

I mean hasn't it kept constant? As far as she knew, Koiwai had disrupted Shun and her rhythem. She didn't explictly know how or why it was like that for a bit, and so acted like she was an enemy. Her being incredibly passive also goes against her ethos, fire and water kinda of difference. Upon realizing that it was mostly Shunsuke getting up in his own issues more than Koiwai actively puruseing him, she let off on her. She stepped back and let Shunsuke figure out what he wanted while still maintaining their status quo as friends.

Dex-chan lover
Hmmm - well they both did not answer the question.
So is Hinaki going to take up the role of the wingman now? I bet that will develop into something more troublesome for her sooner or later.

Dex-chan lover
Hopefully they realize that’s it shouldn’t be that hard to have a romantic relationship and also maintain your current friendships. In fact, if you can’t do that, it could be a sign that one of those relationships is not healthy (or you are just dumb).
I can't hold both lol.

Supporter
I'm gonna finish this manga they say i dropped it, this isn't a 2023 manga, no one in 2023 ends relationship due to some random gal that did a 180 in her personality and decided now she's the heroine instead of the spectator
This manga is just a souless husk of a self insert costume and a drama that isn't nonsensical because it doesn't even exist
I hate sharing opinions when i'm mad because it turns into rant but nah, axe this, i beg of you

Dex-chan lover
I'm gonna finish this manga they say i dropped it, this isn't a 2023 manga, no one in 2023 ends relationship due to some random gal that did a 180 in her personality and decided now she's the heroine instead of the spectator
This manga is just a souless husk of a self insert costume and a drama that isn't nonsensical because it doesn't even exist
I hate sharing opinions when i'm mad because it turns into rant but nah, axe this, i beg of you
I agree, Hinaki really was out of character this chapter. also over the whole story she puts herself in the role of spectator, atp. I dont really know what's the point of her is it just for the drama?

Dex-chan lover
My man Shunsuke is like me fr fr, Pretty realistic romcom If I say so myself lol.
Because generally real person don't have that strong character like in the usual manga. Even if I said I don't want to fall in love, it will be different if I become in love with someone or if someone told me that she love me or if someone I close with is in love.
Shunsuke don't like to be a pervert, his friend disgusts him for thinking Hinaki in lewd way, but when it comes to Koiwai, he also feeling it and that disgust him and make him want to throw that feeling.
Hinaki don't like love because she think it makes people stupid, like blinded by love. but her friend feel it and struggle with it makes her think how to solve it in her own way. Maybe she also love him but didn't realize it, because Shunsuke always with her all time.
Koiwai want to be a side character, just looking at someone else's relationship and feel happy with it. but deep down she also longing for that feeling.

This manga is perfect for me tbh, no ecchi, no harem feeling, no dumb comedy, no further misunderstanding, all of them is honest to their feeling and transparent. I love it. If someone know another manga with this kind of story feel free to recommend me some.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
I agree, Hinaki really was out of character this chapter. also over the whole story she puts herself in the role of spectator, atp. I dont really know what's the point of her is it just for the drama?
insta seggs. Hinaki sat on MC, soon Hinaki will bob her head on MC's crotch.

Dex-chan lover
I know this is very wrong take but that last panel for me is read as "it is okay, Shunsuke. You can cheat on me"
lol.. This whole chapter is like a boy asking if it is okay for him to two-timing.

Dex-chan lover
I really do't know where this is going anymore

From the title, the introduction, and the "usual development" in romcoms, I was fully expecting Hinaki to sooner or later have romantic feeling for the MC. I'd go even as far as to say that if it doesn't happen, the author misled us. And it's fine if it doesn't happen but... then he should have not misled us so much.

So what is going to happen now?
Romance with Koiwai?
Eventual romance with Hinaki?
Axed manga?
I don't really know...

Incidentally, I feel that the last spot ranking of the manga, which might lead to it being axed, are due to
1) the mc being a doormat in an unfun way. Being conflicted is ok... but he just feels bland, the way he's written
2) I guess a LOT of people went into this expecting a love triangle, and it's not what's happening here.
3) It's difficult to connect to these characters. Hinaki seems to be somewhat aromantic, which is not what people are used to or want in a romcom. Shunsuke is a painfully shy and indecisive boy, taken to the extreme. Kowai is another weirdo...

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
I mean if you add a lil bit smut and make them 5-6 years older this becomes a Seo Kouji story where MC goes around sleeping in name of character development.

Users who are viewing this thread